Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Friends, I am hurrying to finish wrapping presents and stuff bags in preparation for several parties over The Weekend.
https://i.imgur.com/MfbOLCE.mp4

Video Nasty posted:

I, unfortunately do not receive a holiday break tomorrow but instead only on Monday.

However, I'm all about accommodating others' ability to celebrate in advance of the weekend. :)

We aren't expecting any snow this xmas which is somewhat of a bummer but I'm looking forward to getting to see lots of relatives and family friends in the next few days.

What plans await your holiday weekends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

mods, plz fix my post tag because I'm a dummy :(

e: thank you :)

Video Nasty fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 22, 2023

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
:climbs to top rope, smashes and chugs white clam cans like stone cold: IT FUCKEN WEEKEND EXTENDED EDITION

some dipshit tried to have a meeting at 330 today i was like lol shits closed at 3 try again. literally wrapped everything up, have a clear to-do list waiting for next year and left work early. got my fuckin echeck done, honked at striking mechanics, home before 5 loving oclock, got those pjs on, planning to pack later and drive tomorrow

i realized many years ago we're on the other side and it's not 'whens the next' it's 'how many are left' and ill be damned it im gonna pass any opportunities to hang out with the rents like this

going to get bevs i cant find in their state and a car wash later. hopefully everything arrives on time there too. gently caress, i got 11 days off. gonna get wine drunk with moms and get her to play mario kart at some point lol

fuckin hell. but in the meantime we're gonna chill and then in an hour we'll start the celebration, because by then,

it'll be time for a nap

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BIGSNART HELG

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

or something

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

it’s gonna be a long weekend. wife has between christmas and new years off, then we’re going on a 1-week trip to see her sister in florida (sarasota).

gonna try and see some florida scrub jays.

also i’m gonna try some sewing projects

also need to finally spread my native plant seeds

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

ahh, a nice 11-day weekend, don't mind if i do

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

weekend!

probably gently caress all tomorrow then flying to vegas Saturday to see the fam (and hopefully some pinball at the hall of fame). flying home xmas day

excited to see everyone but euuugh travel :cry:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

hi

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Not sure if it'll still be the weekend when we get to it, but I'll be submitting a pull request to my partner some time in the next few days, will let you know if it gets approved

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Ciaphas posted:

weekend!

probably gently caress all tomorrow then flying to vegas Saturday

drat, all day? I wish I was still capable of such feats

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
hi yospos friends. Have a great Christmas.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Raluek posted:

drat, all day? I wish I was still capable of such feats

gotta use your wings not your feets

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
going to a steakhouse tonight i guess? thats how the extended fam wants to do it now that everyones married except me. cool, free steak

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
planning to do jack poo poo which is more or less what i've been doing for the past however many months

also been trying to think of something i might want as a christmas gift for myself but nothing comes to mind. oh how i long for the days when i could get excited at the thought of new computer hardware

actually, maybe i'll get parts to build myself a new keyboard from scratch. i haven't soldered anything in a while and i've always found it relaxing. not sure if getting really into mechanical keyboards is such a good idea though

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

veldig snart helg

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

xmas gonna be a roaster lmao

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

The rain seems like it will be non-stop throughout the night so I'm

graph posted:

going to a steakhouse tonight i guess?

Gonna celebrate a personal xmas with Mrs. Nasty before all the fun parties tomorrow & Sunday and then hosting my little brother on Monday afternoon for a nice ham dinner. :)

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
got early dismissal today and immediately took a 2 hour nap

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

echinopsis posted:

xmas gonna be a roaster lmao

lol i've seen up to 5 degrees forecast (not in funny old-timey units) and i'm in loving canada of all places

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

lol i've seen up to 5 degrees forecast (not in funny old-timey units) and i'm in loving canada of all places

is that cold for xmas where you are? i’m
clueless

I can accept a winter xmas .. but what I struggle to get my head around is that you just go back to work ..

coz xmas is summer here it’s pretty much the start of summer holidays. crazy up until xmas and then a whole lot of poo poo shuts down for a week or so (not the mall I work in 😒) and everyone is taking time off in jan and retail and everything slows down and school doesn’t start up till feb so, so extremely bizarre what happens in cold xmas

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
seasonal depression mostly

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm checked out and ready for the holidays. going to make a big batch of 三杯鸡 tonight and then probably check out a few steam gifts

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I have turned off The Bad Screen for 10 full days, now to spend some quality time with The Good Screen

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

HamAdams posted:

got early dismissal today and immediately took a 2 hour nap

hell yeah

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

i was going to see if i could stay in my house until i had to go back to w**k. but my christmas present to myself showed up early. i might go to the post office tomorrow to pick it up.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

graph posted:

hell yeah

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://youtu.be/4zq2f6k-ELY?si=cg7lRugveEnrV0ux

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
oh hi bloody

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

woke up too early, but i also went to bed relatively early on friday.. might go back to sleep!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
haha I almost started a bootleg weekend thread on the 21st because that's when my holiday started. didn't even see this one pinned.

anyway off from 21st to 2nd, left the city yesterday for an easy train trip to go see my mom. last year it was super stormy and there was tons of snow flying around. this year not so much lmao

a merry long Snart helg to all

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Presents are all wrapped for the family grab bag with the in-laws and Mrs. Nasty is making a cucumber salad to share.
They do "Polish Xmas" so there's gonna be golumpki, pierogies and kielbasa and all sorts of good poo poo :)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

at the airport. even with tsa precheck security was completely abominable. coulda been worse i guess, i didn't get body-scanned

there's two screaming children nearby, i think one of them's on my flight, and i left my noise-cancelling 'phones at the office

good god i hate airports

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 23, 2023

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i decided to have coffee instead, so i'll maybe take a nap in the afternoon

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
Not enough Christmas music itt:
https://youtu.be/4gMVT0iNvaE?si=VfI-_ywx6_90UZFF

I don't think there's a better genre of music for reflecting and reminiscing than jazz

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad

PR has been approved

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
congrats!

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
https://youtu.be/sy9_JjLnmZI?si=TIa48-rjM7hHgvcr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Video Nasty posted:

They do "Polish Xmas" so there's gonna be golumpki, pierogies and kielbasa and all sorts of good poo poo :)

did you know? its called wigilia (pronounced va LEE uh)