Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i still gotta wrap everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

InternetOfTwinks posted:

PR has been approved

oh wow congrats to you both :)

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

InternetOfTwinks posted:

PR has been approved

congrats!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
does that tattoo say "prod"

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
have u seen the cjs thread title lately

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad

Chris Knight posted:

does that tattoo say "prod"

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
https://youtu.be/k4s1wSCvs8k?si=5WVJKyCtu6FXhMBn

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

InternetOfTwinks posted:

PR has been approved

:toot:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

it is Xmas Eve here and muggy as hell. god I hate Christmas. Happy holiday to you all. lots of love, cow.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

InternetOfTwinks posted:

PR has been approved

congrats!

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

InternetOfTwinks posted:

PR has been approved

congratulations!

that reminds me - in norway and germany the married ring hand is the right hand, and the left hand is for engagements, in contrast to the rest of the world i guess. but you have one on the left and one on the right hand? is that how you usually do it with engagements?

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

at the airport. even with tsa precheck security was completely abominable. coulda been worse i guess, i didn't get body-scanned

there's two screaming children nearby, i think one of them's on my flight, and i left my noise-cancelling 'phones at the office

good god i hate airports

we’re taking our 11-month old on a flight in january, hopefully we won’t have the screaming child.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

InternetOfTwinks posted:

PR has been approved

Congratulations!

graph posted:

did you know? its called wigilia (pronounced va LEE uh)

Didn’t know this but moms made it with Sauerkraut with bacon in it :yum: I ate so goddam much tonight

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

InternetOfTwinks posted:

PR has been approved

congratulations!

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad

Tankakern posted:

congratulations!

that reminds me - in norway and germany the married ring hand is the right hand, and the left hand is for engagements, in contrast to the rest of the world i guess. but you have one on the left and one on the right hand? is that how you usually do it with engagements?

I ordered mine the wrong fuckin size like an idiot and it only fits on my left hand, getting it resized lmao. My right hand is slightly bigger apparently. Though I might still wear mine on the left since you can still read the tattoo that way.

InternetOfTwinks fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 24, 2023

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
work is DOEN for 17 days

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

InternetOfTwinks posted:

PR has been approved

good poo poo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Video Nasty posted:

Congratulations!

Didn’t know this but moms made it with Sauerkraut with bacon in it :yum: I ate so goddam much tonight

the event is wigilia not any of the food :eng101:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

banshees of inershin

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

banshees of inershin
banshees of innerjoin, surely

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Chris Knight posted:

banshees of innerjoin, surely

:golfclap:

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

my little nephew has basically learned to talk since i last saw him. he recognized me and called me by name:3:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

happy anniversary for those who celebrate

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
"three gash can"? man Sammy Hagar's just plain out of ideas

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
already had breakfast at ex wife’s house. now back at my mums. it’s totally her prerogative to play xmas songs in the lounge but man it makes me not want to be there lol

got my son a guitar amp for xmas and so we’ve taken it outside coz of xmas music. sure the neighbours are pleased lmao

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
got a three-day now but I'll be working on NYD

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Second Xmas party in the books.
loving tired as hell from travel and engorging on entirely too much food yet again. Tomorrow should be much more relaxed. :)

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

drinking some boilo by the fireplace for christmas eve

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i decided to drink my 2L of water today before breaking into the booze, and accepted a glass of wine 45 seconds later. maybe tomorrow lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
remember it's Christmas Eve, not Christmas Steve

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it's actually christmas leave, because that's what i'm on

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

weekend!

probably gently caress all tomorrow then flying to vegas Saturday to see the fam (and hopefully some pinball at the hall of fame). flying home xmas day

excited to see everyone but euuugh travel :cry:

pinball hof is excellent, i also suggest omega mart but you can spend 4-5 hours in there easily. if you go get the little rfid card at the checkout counter, it opens up the storyline. neon museum also rules.

InternetOfTwinks posted:

PR has been approved

nice!

graph posted:

her side and it's not 'whens the next' it's 'how many are left' and ill be damned it im gonna pass any opportunities to hang out with the rents like this

this is where i'm at too but good god we run out of stuff to do by the second day and it's just them falling asleep to the ancient aliens/christmas story marathons on the living room tv. i'm heading back home tuesday.

though i wasn't at work this was a really frustrating week of bullshit but i'm hopeful the interstice will be better.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

made some cookies, chocolate chip and spritz. had to press out the spritz from a piping bag but they actually turned out cool looking, like roses almost.

gave some to my neighbor, and tried my other neighbor but they weren’t home.

we’ll do the gift giving tomorrow but tbh i hate it with my inlaws since they just buy me the things i ask them to. every year “HEY GIVE ME A LIST OF poo poo TO BUY YOU. HEY WHERES YOUR LIST”

idk, i’d rather be surprised by terrible socks

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Eeyo posted:

idk, i’d rather be surprised by terrible socks

I got terrible socks because I asked for them and I happy to receive them every year :)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
once my kid was born (and my niece shortly thereafter) i put my foot down and said no more xmas gift exchange between adults. it’s a kids holiday. just give gifts to kids. it’s worked out well so far.

might not have had to do this if my mom and sister weren’t both terrible gift givers but also impossible to buy for and very judgey

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Truman Peyote posted:

i decided to drink my 2L of water today before breaking into the booze, and accepted a glass of wine 45 seconds later. maybe tomorrow lol

nice

I am already at 3rd meal and location of the day and the best part of it coz no stress about going anywhere after this

5 siblings, plenty of cousins and kids and etc. it’s good when all the kids take care of themselves and adults can just drink lmao

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
plus this location owns

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Kenny Logins posted:

once my kid was born (and my niece shortly thereafter) i put my foot down and said no more xmas gift exchange between adults. it’s a kids holiday. just give gifts to kids. it’s worked out well so far.

might not have had to do this if my mom and sister weren’t both terrible gift givers but also impossible to buy for and very judgey

yeah i forced my family into kids-only gifting for xmas when i was in my teens. everyone was poor and super stressed out, trying to coordinate and pool money to get a half-decent gift for someone, and i was like knock it the gently caress off

surprisingly, they came around, and holidays got a lot less stressful after that

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

this particular holiday is always a relief whenever i'm not in asia. my family is by no means small and there are a lot of red envelopes to give out if i am captured

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

dioxazine posted:

this particular holiday is always a relief whenever i'm not in asia. my family is by no means small and there are a lot of red envelopes to give out if i am captured

tell me more

I work with this younger person who is self referred wasian and tell me about the red letter thing and it’s so foreign .. but I am intrigued