Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
oh hey it's Friday which means weekend again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ciaphas posted:

i've been doing little but playing video games and napping for the last three days and it is glorious

hell yeah im about to take a nap too

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Ciaphas posted:

i've been doing little but playing video games and napping for the last three days and it is glorious, all the more so for having an actual weekend-and-a-bit to go

i finally had a chance to do some video gamin' last night. opened my fallout 4 save from like 2 years ago around 9 and then suddenly it was like 12:30 am.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

yeah time passes faster in fallout 4, i think one fallout day is just over an hour

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’m ready for the weekend

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
good news!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I got about 30 minutes left here

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i have another six days off work but i still need more.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
headin to costco

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

time to kick it back until the new year, though i've been loafing all week regardless

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

gently caress yeah hot dogs

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

my xmas weekend ends tuesday. then on friday i'm off for another two weeks. i wish it was three infinity

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i am home from a great week at the rents and guess what

its time for more weekend

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

that's right

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

rotor posted:

gently caress yeah hot dogs

iawtp

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
i had an afternoon coffee around 3pm yesterday that severely overperformed and now im paying for it

should i have another coffee or just take a nap

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
did the rather dadly rounds of Home Depot, five guys, lcbo, and timmies

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

the Low Cost Bread Outlet is one of my faves too

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

workin on music, mostly just remixing stuff in ableton. it's nice

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Gonna go work on my boxes

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
boxxen

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

hung out with the biggest fuckin dog last night. she was easily 150 pounds. some kind of mastiff mix, total sweetie

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
big dogs are best dogs

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i wrapped two boxxen of presents

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

final xmas party completed. tomorrow is D&D NYE and we’re gonna have a ton of fun! :)

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

made a nice display box for my daughters origami

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

rotor posted:

made a nice display box for my daughters origami

tell us about the box

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Achmed Jones posted:

tell us about the box

its a wall-mounted display box, about 8” by 3” tall and 1.5” deep, made of tanoak that fell at the cabin and i milled up into thin boards. Bottom/back is some oldgrowth pine i reclaimed from a door from my old house. Glass is some glass. Made some brass clips from a piece if 1/2” angle brass i had.

rotor fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Dec 31, 2023

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

I've been watching IT youtube channels and modern IT admin looks hella depressing. At least my lovely little home network of three computers and a VM is metal I own running software I installed and configured, it seems like people get paid five times my income to just push buttons in a web browser affecting small shares of resources on servers owned by Microsoft or Amazon

at least I get to touch real computers

but nobody pays me, instead I pay for electricity and upkeep :negative:

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

maybe someone somewhere misses touching physical computers for work but it aint me. rather press buttons in a browser than head to the data center at 3am tyvm

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Took me 6+ hours of Windows Update but my Windows 7 VM is ready for "production" if you can call Wolfenstein mods production:

And yes, I literally virtualized an obsolete OS for the theme integration with my real OS, the real fun part is my Windows 7 copy comes from a boxed retail copy whose license key is used for my bare metal Windows 11 install on the other SSD so I have no idea if I'll be able to activate it :lmao:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
it should work, but you can easily find ways to "activate" windows 7 anyway

the part you should be worried about is your windows 7 key not activating windows 11 now. microsoft stopped doing that a few weeks ago

e: if i'm reading this right you have windows 11 on a different partition of the same machine? why bother with a windows 7 vm at all then, with virt-manager/qemu you can boot directly from the drive

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 31, 2023

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
also if you really want to integrate it you should see about getting remoteapp + freerdp working

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/meganamram/status/1741481156363837568

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

graph posted:

its still the weekend baby awoooo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
finally watching porco rosso with the kid. slaps

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
hell yeah

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i really want to start introducing my 6yo nephew to some of the gentler ghibli films like totoro or ponyo, but two days ago he started crying because a thomas the tank engine DVD was too scary, so i might have to wait a while

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i watched oppenheimer last night and enjoyed it. the mix was pure nolan, though, so subtitles were necessary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts