Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Parallax posted:

Kelce is basically ancient in terms of TEs right

TEs last 11-14 years. And he's like 10ish? Yeah he's p much getting there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Papercut posted:

If I was the ref I simply would have outrun Lamar Jackson

it can only be the fault of the individual [Lamar Jackson], or the individual [referee name]

never should we discuss the shortcoming of the league having no answer for that situation

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kalli posted:

Kelce's 34, far more likely then not he's just over the hill

He's definitely on the downslope, but the peak was so high I expect his decline to be a drat good player. I doubt we see him suddenly drop to sub replacement level play like you often see with running backs and some WRs.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

He's definitely on the downslope, but the peak was so high I expect his decline to be a drat good player. I doubt we see him suddenly drop to sub replacement level play like you often see with running backs and some WRs.

Yeah, if Kelce wasn't in such a poo poo receiving corp he'd probably still have a pretty great year by most TE standards. But as bad as KC's receivers are, defenses can cover him better and he's not as able to overcome coverage as well as he used to.

Also, I thought he was looking a little rough during the playoff run last season as well. I think the wear and tear is catching up with him

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kirios posted:

I didn't realize Mahomes was having such a bad year. Sub 2:1 TD to INT ratio, sub 7.0 Y/A, 91.7 QB rating.

We all know he's a top 3 quarterback - the receiving group for the Chiefs must be historically awful to make him regress that much.

People made fun of Sam Darnold for seeing ghosts but it's exactly what Mahomes looks like right now.

zero trust in receivers and his tackles has made him so in his head that he's often not even making throws he should, even when guys are "NFL open". Nothing is on schedule in this offense right now except for screens and passes behind the LOS; he's immediately going into creation/hero ball mode which is great sometimes but hard to sustain.

It's weird to see defenses play so aggressively at the line of scrimmage against the Chiefs because they're not that afraid of downfield passes. Back in the day they had miles of room in the short game because DBs were so afraid of getting owned.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Kalli posted:

It's extremely funny to watch. Mahomes extending plays for 5+ seconds, running all over the place, rocketing a ball to an extremely covered shithead with no hands. Or sometimes said shithead just stops so Mahomes pegs a safety in the breadbasket

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

tebowesque

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

wow nice of that ref to move out of the way

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Raku posted:

tebowesque

Lamar Jackson could have done this if only the ref hadn’t tripped him

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
A true MVP simply steps over the ref.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Just take solace in one of the most mediocre MVP seasons in recent history and let the rest of us laugh at Lamar's dumb Lamar Play that went wrong.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDR_3zYGFuw

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The KC line has been bad too and Kelce is having a down year by his insane HoF standard.

Chiefs are still the team I least want to see in the playoffs. Any given Sunday Mahomes, Kelce, and Reid can gently caress you up.

imo it's sullied his HoF campaign and i no longer consider him a HoF candidate. i blame the refs.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Parallax posted:

imagine if Lamar ran into the ref and exploded taking out the ref, several 49ers, and left a small crater

Lamar isn't vaxxed he doesn't have the exploding chip

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, if Kelce wasn't in such a poo poo receiving corp he'd probably still have a pretty great year by most TE standards. But as bad as KC's receivers are, defenses can cover him better and he's not as able to overcome coverage as well as he used to.

Also, I thought he was looking a little rough during the playoff run last season as well. I think the wear and tear is catching up with him

someone brought up that because the chiefs have been playing deep into the postseason every year and that the extra games are adding some wear. the chiefs have played 3 playoff games every year going back to 2019, which is an extra 12 games. kelce's not exactly having a bad year though (he'll still top 1000 yards) so who knows how much this actually matters, but its something interesting to take into account

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

AndrewP posted:

wow nice of that ref to move out of the way

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Say what you will about an expansion team keeping a former team’s history, but it’s straight up bullshit for the Titans to wear Oilers throwbacks.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

CubanMissile posted:

Say what you will about an expansion team keeping a former team’s history, but it’s straight up bullshit for the Titans to wear Oilers throwbacks.

Surprised they didnt where them IN Houston not just against Houston

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Imagine the Ravens wearing Browns jerseys in Cleveland. You’d have bottlegate x100 and 1500 fist fights in the stands and muni lot.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Imagine the Ravens wearing Browns jerseys in Cleveland. You’d have bottlegate x100 and 1500 fist fights in the stands and muni lot.

alternate universe where they stayed as the Baltimore Browns and the Cleveland Expansion Team had to call itself the Bulldogs or something like that

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

sharknado slashfic posted:

Once again lolling at Ernest Byner being in the Ravens RoH. There's not a single Ravens fan that considers the Browns history ours, it's like one of the few things we all agree on.

Cleveland can keep the history of The Fumble. :allears: To be fair, Byner had a great career and I remember him putting in serious work with both the Browns and the Redskins.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Oilers unis are infinitely better than the Titans uniform and that’s all I care about so Tennessee should wear them all the time.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

the texans should be allowed to change their name to the oilers cause 'texans' is a dogshit name. also their logo kinda sucks

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

the houston eulers and you slap 2.71828 on the side of their helmet

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Avogadro’s Football

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Borsche69 posted:

the texans should be forced to change their name to the oilers cause 'texans' is a dogshit name. also their logo kinda sucks

Agreed. Bring back those badass uniforms and the Run n Shoot offense

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Charlotte Hornets got back their name once the NBA realized that nobody will ever take "Bobcats" seriously and they just threw away decades of history for no good reason.

Replacement franchises are inherently lame and everyone sees right through it. Retvrn to Oilers.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

or colts jerseys in baltimore

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Benne posted:

The Charlotte Hornets got back their name once the NBA realized that nobody will ever take "Bobcats" seriously and they just threw away decades of history for no good reason.

Replacement franchises are inherently lame and everyone sees right through it. Retvrn to Oilers.

Yeah, trying to watch a Bobcats game just felt terrible. I couldn't do it, and I also couldn't root for the NO Hornets. That just felt wrong

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

I was so happy for Tom Brady when this happened :allears:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Vertical Lime posted:

or colts jerseys in baltimore

When teams play in Baltimore the scoreboard reads by the team name. So like "Ravens: 21 Texans: 20". Except for when the Colts come. Then it reads "Ravens:21 Indianapolis: 20"

A small pettiness, but one I've always enjoyed.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Benne posted:

The Winnipeg Jets/Phoenix Coyotes, Carolina Hurricanes/Hartford Whalers, and Colorado Avalanche/Québec Nordiques all stand out to me as incredibly lame and theft of various cities history

The fact that the current Winnipeg jets exist and can’t use the old logos or claim their legacy is bullshit

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
On the other hand the new Winnipeg Jets logo is kinda cool.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The fact that the current Winnipeg jets exist and can’t use the old logos or claim their legacy is bullshit

They can and have used the Winnipeg Jets old logo every now and then for throwbacks, special outdoor games, and both their reverse retro uniforms, they’ve just never used it as their main uniform since they came back.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

The Puppy Bowl posted:

When teams play in Baltimore the scoreboard reads by the team name. So like "Ravens: 21 Texans: 20". Except for when the Colts come. Then it reads "Ravens:21 Indianapolis: 20"

A small pettiness, but one I've always enjoyed.

I never knew this and I absolutely love it

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

AndrewP posted:

People made fun of Sam Darnold for seeing ghosts but it's exactly what Mahomes looks like right now.

pat isn't seeing ghosts, he's seeing dumbasses, and they're wearing chiefs uniforms.

Borsche69 posted:

the texans should be allowed to change their name to the oilers cause 'texans' is a dogshit name. also their logo kinda sucks

wtf. yeah 'texans' is an awful name, but they have the best logo in the loving league.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

dingo with a joint posted:

wtf. yeah 'texans' is an awful name, but they have the best logo in the loving league.

It's such an unremarkable logo that I literally had to Google it to remind myself what it even looks like and I'm a sicko that's been mainlining the NFL since 1987

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

yeah that logo is just nothing

looks like it should belong to a forgettable team in a forgettable spring league

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

The Texans are like a generic team you'd make up for a movie to not get sued by the nfl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Texans logo is a classic look! One of the few, our logo is actually two things, designs that looks good.