Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The Unnamed One posted:

*Besides Deshaun Watson

Since when does Watson care about people saying no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

kalensc posted:

:buddy:

It is interesting that I've adapted to saying the Rams are in LA instead of St. Louis, but the Chargers simply feel like a San Diego team.

Raiders are also a coinflip for being called Oak or LV.

The Rams were in LA for decades before, so if you are an older fan or watched a lot of NFL Films, or even played old video games like the original Tecmo Super Bowl :thurman:, “LA Rams” isn’t that insane.

The Chargers were in San Diego for 50+ years and everyone hated them moving. They should still be in San Diego with their cool Super Chargers song.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Dutchy posted:

Plus I'm maybe the only person on the planet that thinks this, but I love the Browns minimalist aesthetic and brown/orange color scheme and it'd have been a tragedy to replace it with another variety of angry cat or something.

Nah, the Browns uniforms are classic and almost universally regarded. They’ve tried twice to update them to something modern, once for like one year in like 1984 and it lasted like a single preseason game, and then that awful pattern they went to in 2015 that everyone hated so badly they went back to their classic uniforms as soon as the 5-year redesign window opened up.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The fact that the current Winnipeg jets exist and can’t use the old logos or claim their legacy is bullshit

They can and have used the Winnipeg Jets old logo every now and then for throwbacks, special outdoor games, and both their reverse retro uniforms, they’ve just never used it as their main uniform since they came back.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Benne posted:

Really it all comes down to the fact that "Texans" is a terrible name that sinks the whole project.

You have a cool bull logo but won't call yourself the Bulls or Steer (probably because everyone already knows you're biting off the Longhorns). You have a nice color palette but it's arranged in an unremarkable way. And the name has nothing to do with the city of Houston or its history/culture. It's a giant pile of nothing.

I think the Texans logo and uniforms are fine, but nothing special. They aren’t bad, there have been objectively much worse in the NFL (See the Browns and Buccaneers uniforms from around 2015), but they’re also kinda generic and just kinda lacking in a difficult to describe way. There’s a bunch of teams with fairly simple uniforms that are classic and should never be changed (Colts, Packers, the Browns now that they reverted), but there’s something about the Texans ones that are just a bit off, maybe something with their fonts or striping, I’m not really sure.

All that said, the main difference is the old Oilers logo and uniforms are fantastic and a classic look, an obvious improvement, and everyone should want to see those back and being used full time.

really queer Christmas posted:

This is peak off-season chat

It’s always off-season for some teams