Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Good lord trying to get a polearm to drop is like pulling teeth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

WarpedLichen posted:

Is there a way to tell when a secret room spawns without the hint?

tile looks like this:

Just deliberately look at each floor tile and look for an X. After a while they'll stick out like sore thumbs.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I had a run with the Dragon's Breath and an absolute boat load of attack speed and basically couldn't see enemy projectiles at all. I'd love a opacity on player projectile slider or something.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I know it's prescribing effort posting - but a lot of these ideas and feedback points are really good and deserving of being voiced in the Tiny Rogues discord. The dev is incredibly active and open in that discord. It's incredible.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

Is the dev data collecting? I feel like they're not, and thats not an insult to the game or anything it would just cause me to take player feedback very seriously.

Nothing in their discord leads me to believe he's using data analysis for decision making.

To his credit, taking the feedback from the folks that take the steps to post in a discord dedicated to the game as not just noise is pretty good imo.

Edit: I'm a huge huge fan of the humility of this guy
https://twitter.com/RubyBenji/status/1745450698333213105

Slotducks fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jan 11, 2024

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

It is it's just so rare to see someone trying to balance without data these days. I think it may contribute to the game feeling good tbh.

Oh in my day to day I beg and plead for hours for user data to help us make our design decisions better I'm 100% with you.

I think things are SO fluid right now that diving into data isn't worth the squeeze. He's like fixing 20 things in a 4 hour window or something it's bonkers.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Patch 0.2.2 coming out today

This developer is absolutely wild. I've never seen such transparency in game development.

He's gonna burn out for sure - but drat if it isn't exciting to see the quick progress.

Also huge QOL highlight:
https://twitter.com/tiny_rogues/status/1748301533685400048

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

He's pushed the patch, but is on hour 3+ of writing release notes. I've never felt so seen. Release Notes take FOREVER to write.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Bald Stalin posted:

I was a big wc3 player and I have spent the majority of my life thinking glaives are thrown spinning boomerang type weapons

100% me too