Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

If you're like me and put a lot of stock in the music in your bideo james, and you like chip tunes, this game is a treat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT59nFtkI9s&t=725s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

GoldenPrice posted:

Are souls now for the current run only like gold?

Back when i played this they were used also for some metaprogression.
Yeah, souls are in-run currency only; meta upgrade xp is exclusively earned by killing bosses

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I know I should have expected such an update given rubydev's track record but drat that was quick

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i can quit whenever i want, ok

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

honestly i feel like adding the bonfires to the start of each floor was major overkill (but then i've been playing since 0.1.0, so)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

deep dish peat moss posted:

Something I just realized: If you have a companion with Companion Weight lower than your maximum companions you can use the item multiple times to summon multiple of the same companion :doh:

This makes every source of +companions insanely good, lmao
:stare:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

:negative:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

this is usually what I run - there's the odd really lovely enchant combo, but otherwise i feel this is a good level of spice

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

lol
https://i.imgur.com/ZbYFhPr.mp4

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

mostly i leave my mastery tree the same between runs, though i flex between the one that's 4 items in the boss room for no-hitting the floor and the one that halves the chance of curses eating a talent choice

otherwise my tree is basically to control or reduce the effect of bad RNG. so all the top-left stuff, the one that gives extra red dice with every dice pickup, all blacksmiths can go to 4, magic find on no-hitting bosses, guaranteeing taverns, and guaranteeing at least one secret per floor

i also really like the one that turns the "at least 1 reward is rare/epic/etc" boss room option into "all rewards are at least rare/epic/etc" but i hate the node that gives you more or tougher enchanted packs so i don't have it rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I completely forgot about all those other definitions at some point and figured glaives were just spears but cut-y instead of stab-y

god language is weird