Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

still winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

do covers count?

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

do covers count?

they had better not

edit: rule 3 - "Only the original version applies"
https://whamageddon.com/

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Not much, what’s whamageddon with you?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what that is OP :(

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I think it’s that TikTok thing of whamming your dick in a door over and over again.

At least I hope so because that’s what I’ve been doing for the last hour

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
think I got whammed in november

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I think it’s that TikTok thing of whamming your dick in a door over and over again.

At least I hope so because that’s what I’ve been doing for the last hour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ywnLQywz74

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Dead Sex-Parrot posted:

Thankswhamming

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I was out on December 3rd.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
oh, that.

y'know, I've never really felt this song was ubiquitous enough for this to be difficult? when george michael died everybody acted like it was a classic but I'm not sure I'd ever even heard it before. then they made that movie that was named after it, I probably heard it then
I'm not particularly hounded by the mariah carey song either. I find jingle bell rock and the paul mccartney song a lot harder to escape and more annoying as songs.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I wait. Stuck in this prison of irony. Or wait, I know, I am the joke. Waiting so long I've lost my mind of course, like a thousand years ago! I don't even remember.

Oh yeah, right. This prison. I've been here a long time, I hope you get out soon.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

do not click if you dont want to lose whamageddon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSSN9AaYiUA&t=11s

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Cubone posted:

oh, that.

y'know, I've never really felt this song was ubiquitous enough for this to be difficult? when george michael died everybody acted like it was a classic but I'm not sure I'd ever even heard it before. then they made that movie that was named after it, I probably heard it then
I'm not particularly hounded by the mariah carey song either. I find jingle bell rock and the paul mccartney song a lot harder to escape and more annoying as songs.

yeah i feel the same; I've been listening to an internet radio with nothing but christmas songs and I'm beginning to get fed up with all the various covers of the classics such as the one with the drummer boy or that song where people are dressed up as eskimos

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

last christmas didn't bother me for years and years, and then it was featured in a japanese drama (called last christmas) over and over and over and over. And now I am broken.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It just keeps going WHAMA WHAMA WHAMA WHAMA WHAMA

and so on.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I guess I lost it pretty early on but I've only heard it once. I never understand where you guys go that's so saturated with this song.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

credburn posted:

I guess I lost it pretty early on but I've only heard it once. I never understand where you guys go that's so saturated with this song.

Malls and grocery stores

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
rear end Christmas

I gave u my fart

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Buce posted:

last christmas didn't bother me for years and years, and then it was featured in a japanese drama (called last christmas) over and over and over and over. And now I am broken.

Whamu.

My 5 year old sings this constantly it's maddening

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

bossy lady posted:

do not click if you dont want to lose whamageddon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSSN9AaYiUA&t=11s

no regrets

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Focus in the Fog on the true path.......

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

quote:

About
Whamfathers
Rasmus Leth Bjerre, Oliver Nøglebæk, Søren Gelineck and Thomas Mertz
oh

so, the song's bigger in europe

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I don't even know my forefather, his father, nothing, my history is blank. There is nothing except today.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Lost it today at the supermarket.
With that description I just had to watch it. Worth every second.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
They must not play it a lot around here because I never hear it

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
What I’m saying is it looks like I’ll be winning the challenge :smug:

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Pretty sure I heard it while taking a piss at a truck stop. I can't imagine working retail during this season. Props to any goons listening to Christmas muzak on loop.

This is my favorite Christmas song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RslA81J2E0U

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Paaaaaiin is allllll you'll fiiiinnd

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

weg posted:

Pretty sure I heard it while taking a piss at a truck stop. I can't imagine working retail during this season. Props to any goons listening to Christmas muzak on loop.
It was 99% horrible repetitive Christmas music when I worked at a supermarket at Christmas in the mid 2000s, except for the ONE TIME I heard the Reel Big Fish version of Mele Kalikimaka. However, it cut the ending short. It goes places:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ33obA6PLc

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Christmas tunes somehow manage to be more annoying than youtube video essays but at least they're only around for a few weeks a year

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Wang bang biddy biddy yeah thank you Ma'am.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Dead Sex-Parrot posted:

i think that the competition starts in december

for some reason i've managed to avoid it so far, but i'm probably going to be get tomorrow when i'm going to be spending time with relatives who blast radio for the christmas songs

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

Christmas tunes somehow manage to be more annoying than youtube video essays but at least they're only around for a few weeks a year

people of the internet's videos are easily avoided unike the drat christmas songs

if i had ever been forced to work at a walmart or whatever i'd probably have hanged myself

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

ChubbyChecker posted:

people of the internet's videos are easily avoided unike the drat christmas songs

if i had ever been forced to work at a walmart or whatever i'd probably have hanged myself

i did three drat months in a supermarket over christmas and it wrecked the entire yule for me forever

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i did three drat months in a supermarket over christmas and it wrecked the entire yule for me forever

condolences

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I've only heard the Jimmy Eat World cover this December because my workplace doesn't like Christmas music. I only got to put some on yesterday for a party - Wham! did not play.

capncthulhu
Oct 4, 2021
I'm still safe, thanks for asking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Got clipped about 1/3 of the month into it, thanks to random Boomer playlists on pandora at my job