Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Intentionally or otherwise

I managed to watch a lot of the AVGN when he started but completely opted out of the entire ecosystem that emerged from him. Didn’t even hate the other stuff, just never started watching it.

On one hand, I’m glad because it meant I never wanted my time on nostalgia critic and similar

I also totally had the opportunity to get into EVE with an old internet friend I’ve since lost touch with and I know now that the group they were with was the SA goon community. That seems like it’d have been cool but I though EVE online sucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I never got into crypto

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Rasterbating.

Nah I hung a picture up at work lol

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I've never used instagram, snapchat or tiktok, and I never loving will.

Edit: or Vine. Never seen a vine, when those existed.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Windows 8. Not even once.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

By the time I got around to making a MySpace it died within the year.

I missed out on early SA.

I missed out on becoming a billionaire with bitcoin or equivalent other internet scheme/dotcom investment, etc.

redshirt posted:

Windows 8. Not even once.

drat I had windows 8. I bought it at work, went home and was really disappointed. At least it was a free upgrade when windows 8.1 came out. 8.1 was at least serviceable since it brought back all the missing desktop features but drat was 8.0 dogshit. Who thought that was a good idea?

Grey Cat fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Dec 23, 2023

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I've never used instagram, snapchat or tiktok, and I never loving will.

Edit: or Vine. Never seen a vine, when those existed.

I never got the idea of snapchat, and have refused to join tiktok out of pure hatred for the format. The people who populate it do not get that brevity is the soul of wit, and are loud assholes to boot.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

By the time I got around to making a MySpace it died within the year.

I missed out on early SA.

I missed out on becoming a billionaire with bitcoin or equivalent other internet scheme/dotcom investment, etc.

drat I had windows 8. I bought it at work, went home and was really disappointed. At least it was a free upgrade when windows 8.1 came out. 8.1 was at least serviceable since it brought back all the missing desktop features but drat was 8.0 dogshit. Who thought that was a good idea?

From the folks who brought us Windows Me.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

redshirt posted:

From the folks who brought us Windows Me.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

This guy gets it

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
bnigfcoin

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I had a MySpace page in the early 2000s.

And that was the last time I ventured into social media.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

That whole "Among Us" thing

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

the touch of a woman

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I never got one of those early email viruses that were pretending to be a love note or whatever

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Early SA. I'm not sure I even knew this place existed until the early to mid 2010s, somehow, and I lurked for years before I finally bought an account.

ICQ; Second Life; early memes like chocolate rain, leave Britney alone, etc.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I don't remember the original ribkid thread or whatever it was that brought ribkid to prominence.
Was it a thread or just a picture in a thread?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Is Marilyn Manson the ribkid?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Early SA. I'm not sure I even knew this place existed until the early to mid 2010s, somehow, and I lurked for years before I finally bought an account.

ICQ; Second Life; early memes like chocolate rain, leave Britney alone, etc.

Oh no, second life is bringing back some cursed memories. My account is probably old enough to drive now. If you weren't making irl money off 3d modeling horsecocks then what were you doing?

I'm baffled anyone missed out on early youtube stuff though. Lol remember dramatic gopher L O L!? Roflcopter!

Grey Cat fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 23, 2023

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbY9tXMVXDY

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Early YouTube was just 480p anime episodes split into 5 parts, you missed nothing

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Didnt miss out on it entirely per se, but anyone else remember the pay it forward thread?

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Early YouTube was just 480p anime episodes split into 5 parts, you missed nothing

This was how I watched Karin lol

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I missed out on screaming the names of twitch emotes in the supermarket while my parents pretend to not know me

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I never used peer to peer download programs like LimeWire. I did accidentally ruin the family computer in a myriad of other ways tho

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
I've been present for most of the major SA sagas over the years but I completely missed out on Doobie. Felt like the last big hurrah for those kind of pile-ons before they migrated to Kiwifarms and started getting really dark.

I've never spent more than like 90 minutes total on 4chan in all my years online either, the format and culture just don't work for me.

pablo gbscobar fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 23, 2023

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Tea Party Crasher posted:

I never used peer to peer download programs like LimeWire. I did accidentally ruin the family computer in a myriad of other ways tho

I never did Limewire but I used Napster near the end of its life. Napster did nothing wrong.

Grey Cat posted:

I'm baffled anyone missed out on early youtube stuff though. Lol remember dramatic gopher L O L!? Roflcopter!

Oddly enough, I don't remember doing Youtube much until around....2009, 2010 maybe? I'm not sure. I completely missed very early Youtube.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
EVERYTHING

except lowtax's suicide I was def here for that ugh

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Homestuck. I don't know any of the major characters or even what it's about.

You'd think there'd be some osmosis because of how popular it was.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
lmao some 'i don't even own a tv :smug:' rear end posts itt

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Anyone know what this two girls one cup thing everyone was talking about back in 07?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Serge Painsbourg posted:

You'd think there'd be some osmosis because of how popular it was.

There's a reason for that

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

butthole licking

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Was World of Warcraft big? Never touched it.

I hear Digg was a thing, never went to it. Same with Fark and cracked.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

R.L. Stine posted:

Fight me

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

R.L. Stine posted:

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

It'll be a tag team battle

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

NEWS TEAM! ASSEMBLE!!!!

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

only thing i regret missing out on was the early webcomic wave. i dreamed of being a cartoonist as a kid and i had the technical knowhow to make it happen - just never put 2 and 2 together before the ship had sailed and the internet was already saturated with the stuff. i could'a been a contender!

most other stuff feels like bullets i dodged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I never took initiative with all of those single MILFs in my area who wanted to gently caress NOW