Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Philez
Feb 11, 2005
Drinking, Driving, Thinking of You
Problem description: I cannot get my rear Type-C 3.2 Gen 2 ports on my ASUS WS W480-ACE to read my USB devices.

Attempted fixes: I've attempted to update my UEFI to the latest version. I have attempted to update my device drivers to the latest ones listed on the device manufacturer's web page. I have looked over my power plan to make sure that my USB devices stay on. I looked over the UEFI configuration, and I do not see anything that can be triggering the problem. The device works on my laptop though. I really want these ports to work on my desktop though.

Recent changes: I just recently got a SanDisk 128GB BP2306001215W from a friend, which has both USB Type A 3.# and Type C 3.2 connections. I have not used my Type C ports until now, and I don't know if I have ever properly configured them. I'd love to be able to use them as I do have other devices that can utilize them, and I've had no success with any of them.

--

Operating system: Windows 11 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.2861)

System specs: Intel i7-10700K, ASUS Pro WS W480-ACE, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti, 4x8GB F4-3200C14D-16GVK, 1TB 970 EVO Plus NVMe (windows installation)

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Philez
Feb 11, 2005
Drinking, Driving, Thinking of You
I found out that I had my Thunderbolt devices disabled. I enabled them, and voila!