Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Every year around Christmas I watch a few of the myriad adaptations of A Christmas Carol, and I am consistently amazed by the quality of this short film. Not only the quality of the animation, and the awesome voice cast, but the fact that it's 25 minutes long and not only did they hit all the story beats with pretty solid pacing, but had time for the sweet flying montage scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUZfW1W_CMM

Feat. Alastair Sim as scrooge, Michael Redgrave narrating, and other greats like Michael Hordern and Barbara Quick in supporting roles.

Interesting fact: this film originally appeared on TV and was so well received the producers decided to give it a theatrical release, which qualified it for the academy awards and it subsequently won the Oscar for best animated short. Other studios were pissed that a TV movie won the Oscar and the academy ended up changing the eligibility rules because of it.

Anyways, if you've never seen it give it a watch! It's delightfully dark and dreary in the best possible way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
That's Richard Williams, who wrote the literal book on animation.
It kicks rear end.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

This is a dope as hell adaptation. I remember seeing it around 30 years ago on cable a few times and being enamored with it. Then they stopped showing it and I forgot all about it. Thanks for reminding me about it! I love how smooth and crisp the animation is, and the voice acting is top notch.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
That was really good! I especially like the design for the Ghost of Christmas Past. The pacing was good but I wish they had more time.