Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Stinger in his arm. More damning is that Darnold took over and looked just as good or better. It's the system and talent around Purdy. Always has been.

More and more experts are saying this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Parallax posted:

i think the ravens and dolphins game should end in a tie and afterwards lamar can come over to tua's house to play video games

Are we talking orange slices and smash brothers or more like candy and halo?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

tua definitely knows the halo lore

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

abelwingnut posted:

as long as tyreek's been healthy [...] any team with him is a playoff team, at the very least. is that the same with lamar?

?????

yeah I'd definitely take my chances on Lamar Jackson's Panthers making the playoffs instead of Tyreek Hill's Cardinals or something

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Jeff Saturday filling in for Stephen A. is dogshit. Mega nasty.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

really queer Christmas posted:

Why the gently caress is the battle for afc 1 seed at noon but the snf game is for the nfc 7th seed.

more people will actually be watching the noon game because it's new year's eve. a lot of people are going to be out partying and half-paying-attention at best.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I know you missed these tier charts.

Guide:
Over the past 4 weeks:
Top left: Good defense bad offense
Top right: Good defense good offense
Bottom right: Bad defense good offense
Bottom left: Bad defense bad offense

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I really, really liked the games being spread out over Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I know Monday at 1:00 isn't normally feasible, but do a Friday night game instead to make up for it.

Just have one game on at a time, it turns out that's doable and that way people will watch more football (and therefore more ads)!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

CapnAndy posted:

I really, really liked the games being spread out over Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I know Monday at 1:00 isn't normally feasible, but do a Friday night game instead to make up for it.

Just have one game on at a time, it turns out that's doable and that way people will watch more football (and therefore more ads)!

Absolutely not. I have a family and every time my beloved boys of Baltimore play outside of Sundays it fucks up our schedules. TNF should be banned (or at least tied to a second bye week). Saturday football is a curse on weekends. Only the sick and depraved enjoy watching Football on Saturdays.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ghost Dog posted:

this is the year of Josephs Revenge and the kiko Alonso franchise must pay for its crimes

Kiko Alonso should've been a raven just so you could hear his name be said, repeatedly, in a baltimore accent

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/PabloEscoburner/status/1739376101254660592

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Absolutely not. I have a family and every time my beloved boys of Baltimore play outside of Sundays it fucks up our schedules. TNF should be banned (or at least tied to a second bye week). Saturday football is a curse on weekends. Only the sick and depraved enjoy watching Football on Saturdays.

college football ftw

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Who is Pat Mcaffee for? I've never watched this show before. Its just been one coked out run on sentence.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

TheKingslayer posted:

Who is Pat Mcaffee for? I've never watched this show before. Its just been one coked out run on sentence.

The Barstool crowd

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

TheKingslayer posted:

its for people that just railed some coke before their workout

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
If Detroit goes deep into the playoffs can they bring back Calvin Johnson?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gatts posted:

If Detroit goes deep into the playoffs can they bring back Calvin Johnson?

I wonder if he’d get as many looks as Jamo does (aka 3)

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Bip Roberts posted:

Megatron played one playoff game

They should drag every front office responsible for this in front of the Hague.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eagles play at 1pm ET for the first time since October 29th and only the 3rd time all year. Looking forward to it

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

TheKingslayer posted:

He's a "fun" excited rah rah SPORTS guy who on his own is relatively harmless and sometimes funny.

He's less offensive than the Barstool folks.

He also is unfortunately good friends with Aaron Rodgers who he lets launder his garbage on his show.

You don't go to him for insightful coverage.

He just talks about stuff and says things in an excited "bro" manner.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Oh yeah he's got Rodgers on right now. Rodgers is such a boring dude. Don't think I've ever heard him speak for more than a clip before this.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Pat was alright until ESPN decided to hand him the network

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

TheKingslayer posted:

Oh yeah he's got Rodgers on right now. Rodgers is such a boring dude. Don't think I've ever heard him speak for more than a clip before this.
Oh you're not intrigued by Dr. Fauci talk in tyool 2023?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

shyduck posted:

Oh you're not intrigued by Dr. Fauci talk in tyool 2023?

Yeah he doesn't talk about anything interesting and he doesn't even sound like he wants to be there. I feel like I'm on a Teams meeting at work and not like, watching an entertainment show.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kawalimus posted:

Right now yeah he is. But I think if Miami beats us and ends up securing the #1 seed then it might go to Hill or Tua. And if we beat Miami but Lamar has a really bad game doing it then probably CMC

I’m really not sure how it’s anyone but Lamar unless he directly loses against Miami

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Some of his like non Rodgers interviews can be good because players open up to him and they talk about random actual fun bullshit but yeah.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

mcmagic posted:

Lamar's the MVP

One one hand, yes

Otoh

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

One one hand, yes

Otoh

Overcame the most blatant ref screw job imaginable. Classic MVP behavior.

https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1739508101798113757?s=20

making GBS threads on Florio without even getting the man's name right. That's my MVP :911:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Dexo posted:

He also is unfortunately good friends with Aaron Rodgers who he lets launder his garbage on his show.

He pays Rodgers to be there

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He pays Rodgers to be there

Originally he wasn't paying Rodgers. Rodgers just did it because he's friends with AJ Hawk and Pat(and probably because it gave him a platform where he'd get no pushback to his bullshit). Then Rodgers appearances did loving bonkers numbers and essentially got Pat more sponsorships and views and made him poo poo tons of money. And eventually put him on ESPN"s radar and got him that deal.

Once Pat saw those numbers he cut Rodgers a check as a friend. And continued to pay him because it was good business for him.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://x.com/mattblively/status/1739526907170087062?s=20

"My Dad looks just like you..."

Brock the bastard Harbaugh confirmed.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

https://x.com/mattblively/status/1739526907170087062?s=20

"My Dad looks just like you..."

Brock the bastard Harbaugh confirmed.

drat, Mr. Irrelevant to his own dad

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1739695720700010936?t=94X82Gp1rX7oLZX7tYqPLQ&s=19

Kenny got quasi benched.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/DWAZ73/status/1739731321591599581?t=tM2iS_3PDXmXwIFjcg38_w&s=19

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

I can't tell if this is better or worse for the Browns?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

wilderthanmild posted:

I can't tell if this is better or worse for the Browns?

Zach Wilson is the best QB they have (damning with the faintest of praises)

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Lamar's the MVP

yup

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1739743197721452747?t=Agi8nPuUc8JwgnAg9UNnPg&s=19

poor Hock

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

drat how gnarly was the injury that they took two days to figure out what it actually was? Must've been a lot of inflammation and swelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Woozie66 posted:

Kenny got quasi benched.

Interesting. Fields to Pittsburgh?