Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

anyone know how one without cable would watch the Eagles game today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

xbilkis posted:

He was OK to start the season, then he sucked, then they benched him. That doesn't seem particularly bought in to me, unless you think they should have been starting 31 year old Jacoby Brissett sooner rather than using 15 whole games to evaluate a young guy who flashed some potential

They would've won 3-4 more games if they started Brissett this season but I guess they want the better pick anyway so no harm no foul.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/brianwacker1/status/1741497456867565842?t=CC5Zp-7hvNjQUETcJ2-b4Q&s=19

All-Pro Safety, probowl guard, and #2 CB all out. That's not the best.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Aw gently caress

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Quit your whining Baltimore, and just win the game so the Browns can rest next week.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

HD antennas are like $15 at best buy

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Mostert and Waddle are out and our OL is still wrecked, you'll be ok

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Hard to imagine a non-Lamar Raven I wouldn’t want to lose more than Kyle Hamilton

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm hoping for some incredible clownball today to get people to shut up about Detroit/Dallas.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

streameast I would assume.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

NFL bite dot com

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Pretty sure none of these people are real, is this AI sports reporting now?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Hot Diggity! posted:

NFL bite dot com

For God's sake use the most robust ad block you can.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1741498568295256553?t=7-95uYr_XEKPnIQGgbULWQ&s=19

It's very good that they kept this accused abuser on the roster. But hey, they cut that punter before so they're in the clear somehow right

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Ublock Origin handles it with flying colors

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

mcmagic posted:

They would've won 3-4 more games if they started Brissett this season but I guess they want the better pick anyway so no harm no foul.
I really doubt that.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

The Puppy Bowl posted:

ublock works fine, haven't had issues

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

if i need illegal streams i just remember the power phrase, freemediaheckyeah

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Name Change posted:

Even with a 5-6% chance of making the playoffs it's dumb not to play Wilson. He's lost a step from his prime but he's not outright bad, just average, he's doing a 3-1 TD:INT ratio at this point. He should at least play until they are mathematically eliminated, the minimum standard, and they could easily win out with him.

Yeah I think Payton and Wilson are water and oil.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
YouTube TV is runnin' a thing right now where if you refer somebody, both people get 50 bucks off of their bills, and I think with the 7-day free trial, one month gets you all the way past the Super Bowl. So if anybody's up for that, PM me.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Name Change posted:

Even with a 5-6% chance of making the playoffs it's dumb not to play Wilson. He's lost a step from his prime but he's not outright bad, just average, he's doing a 3-1 TD:INT ratio at this point. He should at least play until they are mathematically eliminated, the minimum standard, and they could easily win out with him. I can only see that this is Payton bringing the shiv out early because he doesn't like Wilson. Financially, it's not like it's clear that Wilson will pass a physical now, and the idea they will have a Seahawks-style "rebuild but not" year coming up is not realistic. This isn't the 49ers, they don't have the all-around talent to just slot in whatever QB and make him look like a first ballot guy.

I can only imagine that Wilson pisses Payton off on the reg, especially if threatening to sit him after the bye was true. But lol if this is all because Wilson is not delivering the top #5 QB performance they wanted. You signed the contract guys.

It's understandable to me because if he gets hurt they gently caress themselves for next year when they know for 100% sure they are going to move on from him.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

only way the Ravens win without those players is if the pass rush goes crazy but even that may not matter if Tua can keep throwing the ball in 2.0 seconds

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Mystic Stylez posted:

only way the Ravens win without those players is if the pass rush goes crazy but even that may not matter if Tua can keep throwing the ball in 2.0 seconds

The Dolphins are missing a bunch of guys too? I think they're both debilitated pretty well.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Woozie66 posted:

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1741498568295256553?t=7-95uYr_XEKPnIQGgbULWQ&s=19

It's very good that they kept this accused abuser on the roster. But hey, they cut that punter before so they're in the clear somehow right

innocent until proven guilty

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Woozie66 posted:

Even setting aside that Von is a piece of poo poo, this signing has to be one of the five or so worst non-QB transactions of the past decade.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Mystic Stylez posted:

Both teams are a walking mash unit right now

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Woozie66 posted:

You really gotta put it in perspective. He's got 2 tackles and 1 assist on the year, on like 250 defensive snaps.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

In ELEVEN games. 0 sacks, 2.5 tackles. Gabe Davis has more solo tackles.

fsif fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Dec 31, 2023

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bip Roberts posted:

They explicitly played a gambit with three players approaching the ref at different angles with only one reporting at a critical juncture to add complexity to their trick play they were running.

The “gambit” of having one guy explicitly explain to the ref that he was eligible while another guy stood next to him, not talking, and a third came and stood near them, also not talking. Truly confounding stuff, how could you expect anyone to get it right, even after being told a few hours prior exactly what was going to happen.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Bip Roberts posted:

They explicitly played a gambit with three players approaching the ref at different angles with only one reporting at a critical juncture to add complexity to their trick play they were running.

Ref should be easily able to ID what is going on but yeah sure

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Like, if we can't trust these guys to retain information for three hours or be able to be aware that one guy is talking while another guy is nearby, why are they reffing these games in the first place?

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

can we all pledge to be better in 2024 than saying "rule of cool" to argue in favour of a trick play end zone pass to a lineman being flagged and taken off the board

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

tinstaach posted:

can we all pledge to be better in 2024 than saying "rule of cool" to argue in favour of a trick play end zone pass to a lineman being flagged and taken off the board

Sorry, you have to love the a+ fan tantrum

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Bip Roberts posted:

Sorry, you have to love the a+ fan tantrum

I'm sorry but if you're more entertained by people on the Internet being upset, a thing that happens every day, rather than the golden unicorn play of a lineman scoring a touchdown, then something is deeply wrong in your brain. I don't think you deserve football, frankly.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

tinstaach posted:

is it cooler to see a flag than a game winning fat man 2pt. conversion? are we watching the same sport?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Troy Aikman was saying immediately that that play was illegal for 2 other reasons even if the refs hadn't hosed up the check-in thing. Was he right about that?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

PostNouveau posted:

Troy Aikman was saying immediately that that play was illegal for 2 other reasons even if the refs hadn't hosed up the check-in thing. Was he right about that?

No. If the refs had called the report correctly, the formation was legal.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MJeff posted:

No. If the refs had called the report correctly, the formation was legal.

lol what a massive fuckup. No. 1 seed at stake too

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
They should’ve had Decker do a Jersey exchange with the ref and then toss the ball to Decker in the ref uniform and have him run in for the touchdown. Just My Opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
didn't want to get this lost in the chaos of gameday posts but it's impressive how much worse streaming games has been this year.

why the gently caress did the NFL give the international streaming rights to DAZN? It's an extremely lovely platform, may as well call it 'chud tv'. The latest season of hard knocks only just got uploaded weeks after screening. I can no longer stream above 1080p now (or even resize the video in-window, this week they've forced a 'watch party' chat onto the red zone page so I can't 2nd screen it without a stream of poo poo running down half the page with some forced lovely questions like "is Baker Mayfield a franchise QB?'. They're making piracy a no brainer option.