Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Nervous posted:

A return to the Trevor Siemians and Drew Locks of the world is a difference, yes.

Russ was dogshit last year and is having basically the same season as Baker Mayfield this year. None of that seems like impossible production to replace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah I see it as a "That's what the money is for!" situation for Russ.

He won that contract. He ripped off the Broncos (not intentionally!) and still gets to collect his guarantees. On a personal level it sucks for a competitor like Wilson to be asked to sit out in the waning moments of his career but obviously it doesn't suck to the point where he'd want to give up his money.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Let’s say Russ did restructure. What’s to stop Sean from benching him anyway?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I thought Ray Rice was canceled?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

mcmagic posted:

I thought Ray Rice was canceled?

His wife apologized to the organization so its all good

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Flikken posted:

His wife apologized to the organization so its all good

lmao i forgot about that. Christ. They haven't really brought him back to Rutgers publicly which I've been happy about.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Not Ray Rice’s first appearance - he was on the field for the 10 year Super Bowl anniversary celebration last year.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Nervous posted:

A return to the Trevor Siemians and Drew Locks of the world is a difference, yes.

7 wins doesn't seem any different regardless of the QB. I think?

Feels like Payton will cling on to any talent that's left on the squad for 6 to 9 win seasons for all eternity.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Yikesaroo!!!

From all I've heard Rice has done a lot to redeem himself via work with domestic violence orgs and community charities. Even if his efforts are the most authentic and effective anti DV work in history, it's probably fair to say he lost his opportunity to be honored like that.

Additionally, All Time Low's lead guitarist was very obnoxious in middle school. It's a big L for the Ravens all around.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The BSO owns though

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
True.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Pshawn Paytun

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/AB84/status/1741166320446591434

lol

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/JManziel2/status/1740870685197812044

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Woozie66 posted:

I refuse. I think Payton made the right choice.

I mean, whatever if you want to bench him.

The real lovely thing is telling him to waive his injury guarantees or he gets benched. gently caress that poo poo.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

That's in like...6 games? Jesus. Thats sobering.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
What's Manziel up to these days? Working at a car dealership yet?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Rectal Placenta posted:

What's Manziel up to these days? Working at a car dealership yet?

He's a dipshit In Arizona but actually seems to have some money left over. Probably could make income selling scam nutrition pills to the barstool crowd if he needed cash.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

:same:

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Mike N Eich posted:

edit - wrong stat

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Hey the nati bengos could still get into the playoffs it's possible. Go bengos.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Antonio might be a Clown. Can anyone confirm?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Doltos posted:

Yeah if anything it backfired because Russ' 'quiet camp' prob made a huge fuss about something that happens to a ton of players every year. Teams often ask players to shift bonuses, take cuts, waive trade clauses, or just outright bench them before they hit qualifiers. We just don't really hear about them or care because they're not happening to well known players.

At the end of the day a contract is a contract which means that it's open up to legal interpretation, not that the player is guaranteed to go through the entire contract without any trouble. It sucks, I don't agree with it, but it's been the status quo in the NFL forever.

Not for nothing but most of the time teams and players can come to a mutually beneficial agreement - especially with trade clauses and that's them kind of working as intended. As I'm sure you're aware no trade clause is just a "I don't want to be traded to a poo poo team" clause rather than actually meaning no trade. Same with things like re-structuring base salary into bonuses that ease cap tension - guys still get paid close to what they would receive just on a different schedule and with different cap impact. I think that this has become so public, so quickly and it's so obviously lovely toward the player that its why we're hearing about it.

Does that make sense? Like yeah - contracts change all the time and situations between players and front offices change all the time, but this is pretty far outside of what happens normally.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

trilljester posted:

Antonio might be a Clown. Can anyone confirm?

He does have a big, red
Nose

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mike N Eich posted:

Maybe they're just counting the Nu Browns

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dpulex posted:

Hey the nati bengos could still get into the playoffs it's possible. Go bengos.

I think it would be extremely funny if burrow never gets a ring

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

HootTheOwl posted:

Maybe they're just counting the Nu Browns

It's going to be the Niners and Browns in the Super Bowl and Joe Flacco will win again.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

I know we all want to return to this topic so just FYI Antonio Brown was a great punt returner and absolutely was stopped from doing it once he became the focus of the offense, Tomlin struggled for years trying to replace him as a returner.

Here he is jump kicking a Browns punter - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2DTio1-HMY

Also I'd be happy for the Browns or Ravens if they win the Superbowl.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Dominance status: established

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'M HEEEEEEUH!!!!! KILL ME NOW!!!!!
https://x.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1741259853673468401?s=20

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

He's better than Saleh.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

mcmagic posted:

He's better than Saleh.

Damning with faint praise.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Those are some wasted draft picks. drat shame

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

mcmagic posted:

He's better than Saleh.

Yeah you're right he's only the 29th best head coach instead of the 31st.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The Bears are going to be the first team to trade the first overall pick in consecutive years

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Forrest on Fire posted:

The Bears are going to be the first team to trade the first overall pick in consecutive years

They should probably just take MHJ

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

they might as well, they have no hope of developing a quarterback with this coach. deeply unserious organization.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Arizona will probably lose out - they play Philly and Seattle

Carolina play Jags this week and Tampa next week who will lock up the NFC south with a win over NO and an Atlanta Loss.

The Cards might leap frog the bears for it. But I agree they should just take MHJ.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

BlindSite posted:

Carolina play Jags this week and Tampa next week who will lock up the NFC south with a win over NO and an Atlanta Loss.

The Cards might leap frog the bears for it. But I agree they should just take MHJ.

I assure you if the Cardinals get the first pick they're jettisoning Murray and taking/ruining Williams. It wouldn't really screw the bears out of the opportunity to Bears up the pick and take a CB or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

BlindSite posted:

They have to beat Seattle