Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nervous posted:

Russ better go find a hammer to accidentally get swung into his non-throwing arm during practice.
Russ please review this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv43UsG6fhY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Just checked the Broncos subreddit for their initial reactions. Nobody seems to be upset.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

SKULL.GIF posted:

I thought Payton went to Denver because of Wilson?

I assumed it was for Walmart money and unlimited access to their pharmacies

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AndrewP posted:

Just checked the Broncos subreddit for their initial reactions. Nobody seems to be upset.

Yeah I mean, find all the good plays by Russ here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcki_LetpUo

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

So what does Denver do for QB? They won't have the ammo to trade up in the draft. Are they counting on the trade compensation for Wilson?

Who even trades for Wilson?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Unintentionally perfect

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Payton is a bitch coach and could be just a game behind the chiefs if he didn't suck so much

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Actually going to the playoffs would be the worse outcome for the Broncos who have no hope of winning poo poo and need the best draft pick they can get.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Kalli posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcki_LetpUo

How did Pete Carroll get so many years out of this guy.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

SKULL.GIF posted:

So what does Denver do for QB? They won't have the ammo to trade up in the draft. Are they counting on the trade compensation for Wilson?

Who even trades for Wilson?

Carolina has a short QB who might benefit from veteran leadership.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Gorson posted:

How did Pete Carroll get so many years out of this guy.

He wasn’t old and slow for most of them.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcki_LetpUo&t=457s

oh my god

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Broncos Country...... let's ride

the bench

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Broncos are 11th in the AFC and just lost to the 3 win Pats, they aren’t making the playoffs.

The Raiders very recently lost a game 3-0 and barely won a game 2 days ago where the QB didn't complete a single goddamn pass after the first quarter and you don't see them literally giving up with a non zero chance of getting a playoff berth. Defending the Broncos decision to do this is absolutely mind blowing because not too long ago Denver was considered a hot team by a lot of people.

All this does is reinforce my hatred of the Broncos as being a weak baby bitch organization so it's whatever

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

Black Sunshine posted:

How in the gently caress do you give up on the season with 2 games left and you're not eliminated from playoff contention? Holy poo poo that's about as bitch made as you can possibly get.

I'm not at all sure this materially affects their playoff odds.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

Broncos Country...... let's ride

the bench

Let’s Sit

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

solarjetman posted:

I'm not at all sure this materially affects their playoff odds.

Wilson has 26 TDs and 8 INTs so that's not exactly terrible and you're benching him for Stidham and saying it doesn't matter?

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I remember making some super-bitter post here during Russ’s early prime about how much I was looking forward to five years later when Russ lost a step, all the dancing around and scrambling stopped working, and he just got constantly blown up instead of making the opposing LBs look like idiots.

My timeline was a little optimistic, but it’s finally happened. Alas, he’s not on the Seahawks anymore so it’s not quite as satisfying as it could have been.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Who's starting Russ in 2024 and why is it the Steelers?

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Russ is cooked but he seems like he's been an ok game manager and has a made a few plays when he really needed to. He'd be a great option as a back up next year if he wasn't also Russ Wilson

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Remember when Payton screamed at Russ on the sideline for absolutely no reason?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MJeff posted:

Remember when Payton screamed at Russ on the sideline for absolutely no reason?

Sean was just trying a Voight-Kampff test on Russ

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kalli posted:

Who's starting Russ in 2024 and why is it the Steelers?

as a fan of a divisional rival I would rather see him there than Fields, honestly

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Remember when everyone thought the Broncos were going to be a power house once Russ joined the team? Similarly remember when everyone thought the AFCW was going to be the dominant division because they had the "Best" QB roster with Mahomes, Herbert, Wilson, Carr?

Also remember how everyone though Payton was going to turn things around?

It's funny how bad some of fairly average takes at the time seem a couple years later.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

AndrewP posted:

as a fan of a divisional rival I would rather see him there than Fields, honestly

It would basically be like rolling the clock back a bit on big ben. It would be fun watching them with an over the hill QB again.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

wilderthanmild posted:

Remember when everyone thought the Broncos were going to be a power house once Russ joined the team? Similarly remember when everyone thought the AFCW was going to be the dominant division because they had the "Best" QB roster with Mahomes, Herbert, Wilson, Carr?

It's funny how bad some of fairly average takes at the time seem a couple years later.

The division had an arms race that off-season and, on paper at least, every team looked to be pretty drat solid. But yeah, it all went to poo poo very quickly, lol.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AndrewP posted:

In all honesty, I think the vibes with Russ are beyond awful, but simultaneously I look at what he's done in positive scripts this year and suspect he could probably out Flacco what Flacco is doing right now.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/1740067812939538843

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Packers suspended Jaire Alexander for a game for..... pretending to be a team captain.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Kalli posted:

The Packers suspended Jaire Alexander for a game for..... pretending to be a team captain.

Also nearly giving away a possession by saying that he wanted the defense on the field rather than deferring. Fortunately the refs let the actual captains give the choice rather than Alexander.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

Also nearly giving away a possession by saying that he wanted the defense on the field rather than deferring.

Yeah, I heard the story on the Athletic podcast, and man... what the hell is going on with the Packers?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

wilderthanmild posted:

Sean Payton has turned things around. There are roster deficiencies that have to be addressed but Denver was one of the worst teams in the league this year and now they’re solidly mediocre with a chance to get off the Wilson deal next year if they’re lucky.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I heard the story on the Athletic podcast, and man... what the hell is going on with the Packers?

Not really sure what else you're referring to outside of maybe Campbell?

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

Black Sunshine posted:

Wilson has 26 TDs and 8 INTs so that's not exactly terrible and you're benching him for Stidham and saying it doesn't matter?

The odds start off at 3% per https://www.ftnfantasy.com/articles/FTN/104089/dvoa-playoff-odds . Maybe they go down to 2% with replacement-level QB play. Maybe Stidham is better than replacement level.

TD rate is Russ's best stat this year, and it's boosted by a half dozen "gently caress it Courtland is down there somewhere" throws that ended as amazing catches. In net yards per attempt (basically yards per attempt with sacks included, and you have to include sacks when you're evaluating Russ) is a career-low 5.72. He's been better than last year but still inconsistent and sack-prone, running an offense that is clearly designed to hide his weaknesses.

He's been average overall and there are few prospects for him getting any better.

It's probably an impulsive decision, perhaps a little premature. But you're trading a sliver of a chance to be the 7th seed, to prevent a sliver of a chance that Russ gets injured and puts a huge cap burden on your team for 2025. So I'm not mad.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

He wasn't appointed as captain and went out onto the field anyway. Like Mike Wahle said, that's indicative of some serious locker room issues going on below the surface.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Not really sure what else you're referring to outside of maybe Campbell?

Between Campbell saying he refuses to play through injury anymore because he got (unfairly, he feels) blamed for his performance while injured, Jaire pulling that stunt, Jaire obliquely referencing seemingly the same thing Campbell was ("I could've been better" even though he was also playing through injury makes it kinda sound like Barry has been blaming players for defensive breakdowns), Quay Walker/Stokes/etc all saying odd things about team meetings, and Rasul Douglas getting suddenly traded after meeting with players in the locker room (the Bills offer was a good one but I don't believe Gutey for a second that that was the only consideration going into the trade)...

Barry really needs to go. Pronto.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
With the Flaccosance underway & the Browns having an actual shot at the playoffs, I started thinking about cursed teams.

In 2016 the Chicago Cubs won the World Series, breaking their 107-year drought. The trade off? :chaostrump:

With 2024 having another presidential election, if you are a Browns fan would you be willing to have :trumppop: back in office if it meant another Super Bowl win?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
drat, Grossi and Perna are both enjoying peak levels of "i feel bad for my fave team, but this is tremendous content".

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Sean Payton has turned things around. There are roster deficiencies that have to be addressed but Denver was one of the worst teams in the league this year and now they’re solidly mediocre with a chance to get off the Wilson deal next year if they’re lucky.

Did he turn it around or did they just get healthy/lucky for a string of wins and now have regressed to the mean of being lovely? Depends on who the chargers/raiders hire for coaches but the broncos seem like a favorite for last place in their division next year

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I need 2024 Broncos starting QB Taysom Hill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

mcmagic posted:

I need 2024 Broncos starting QB Taysom Hill

taysom's cap number explodes next season and he has no guaranteed money going into it

it's looking like he's being phased out rest of season too, to avoid injury risk