Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fields in Pittsburgh could be fun, but they'd need to nail their overhaul of the offensive coaching staff and jfc - fire Najee into the sun, dudes terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Steve Smith was better and more dominant than AJ, it's horseshit he didn't get in last year. I will die on this hill.

No loving returner deserves a HOF spot over Steve Smith. gently caress all y'all. Agent 89 deserves to get in.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Commanders kinda half blew up their roster. I can't see em signing Russ. He'll want to go to someone he sees as a contender.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I don't know why, but I have a funny feeling the Ravens are going to poo poo house Miami.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I thought it was "a-chain"

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

ozymandius1024 posted:

They had him return one in a playoff game against the Seahawks since he was getting like triple covered for most of the game on offense (no joke), and he loving housed it. Shame about the rest of the game though.

A guy who should actually be going to the HOF this year.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

You also need guys to practice it, if they're going to do it game day, even in a pinch.

I know Steve Smith just put his hand up for one against Seattle but he's just built different.

Antonio Brown was still returning punts when he was an established wr I think but he's the last I can remember in terms of primary offensive piece also doing so, maybe Edelman as well?

I doubt DJ Moore has fielded a punt in a long while.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Trevor Lawrence is finally going to miss a game. Good thing he didn't sit out like 5 weeks ago when he should have taken a week off.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Our back up linebacker did some kicking off against Atlanta because it was crazy rainy and they wanted an extra cover guy on the field - I guess to try and force a turnover with a shorter - less dependable kick off. It was odd but it wasn't a terrible thing.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The south will rise again! (3 to 5 years)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

C-Euro posted:

This is where my head's at, they'll have to play perfect ball to win in Dallas and that's tough for any team, but especially this Lions team. Like to imagine that I'll be content with any result that isn't a curbstomping of Detroit or something decided on a suspect call (I too remember that 2014-15 playoff game)

They need to run all day because Dallas have a soft little middle and not let Ceedee wreck their poo poo.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Oh yeah for sure he's going to gently caress you guys up, but still. Don't leave him in iso and jam at the line etc etc.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Doltos posted:

Yeah if anything it backfired because Russ' 'quiet camp' prob made a huge fuss about something that happens to a ton of players every year. Teams often ask players to shift bonuses, take cuts, waive trade clauses, or just outright bench them before they hit qualifiers. We just don't really hear about them or care because they're not happening to well known players.

At the end of the day a contract is a contract which means that it's open up to legal interpretation, not that the player is guaranteed to go through the entire contract without any trouble. It sucks, I don't agree with it, but it's been the status quo in the NFL forever.

Not for nothing but most of the time teams and players can come to a mutually beneficial agreement - especially with trade clauses and that's them kind of working as intended. As I'm sure you're aware no trade clause is just a "I don't want to be traded to a poo poo team" clause rather than actually meaning no trade. Same with things like re-structuring base salary into bonuses that ease cap tension - guys still get paid close to what they would receive just on a different schedule and with different cap impact. I think that this has become so public, so quickly and it's so obviously lovely toward the player that its why we're hearing about it.

Does that make sense? Like yeah - contracts change all the time and situations between players and front offices change all the time, but this is pretty far outside of what happens normally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Arizona will probably lose out - they play Philly and Seattle

Carolina play Jags this week and Tampa next week who will lock up the NFC south with a win over NO and an Atlanta Loss.

The Cards might leap frog the bears for it. But I agree they should just take MHJ.