Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

wandler20 posted:

Maybe don't run 20 yards backwards into the end zone you doofus.

I truly believe without the ref there, he's able to at least exit the end zone and probably throws it out of bounds for a mere incompletion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Woozie66 posted:

Kenny got quasi benched.

Interesting. Fields to Pittsburgh?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I don’t think Steelers are in the market for a long term solution right now, they probably just want someone who can provide some credible offense to complement their defense and slop out a few more wins.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Daaaamn. Payton is sick of Russ.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Just checked the Broncos subreddit for their initial reactions. Nobody seems to be upset.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kalli posted:

Who's starting Russ in 2024 and why is it the Steelers?

as a fan of a divisional rival I would rather see him there than Fields, honestly

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Payton is probably tired of competing for control of the offense with Russ, he wants someone who will just do exactly what he says every play. He'd probably love a Purdy or Goff.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I am very conflicted about this TNF coming up. I don't want the Browns to win, but I might be emotionally devastated if Joe is bad in prime time.

really need the Browns defense to lay an egg against... Zach Wilson

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

People joke about Lamar Jackson being an RB, but I think his true alternate position would have a truly devastating kick/punt returner in the Hester mold

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mega64 posted:

We should make a Hall of Very Goon.

We’re already listing Ravens fullbacks in the AFCN thread

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mike N Eich posted:

I'm obviously biased as I'm a Bears fan but I think its perfectly reasonable to put players in the Hall of Fame even if they maybe didn't provide as much raw total value as a regular position player. Other halls of fame do this too with other specialized positions - if you judged a reliever by the same criteria as any starting pitcher, no HOF reliever would stack up an average HOF starting pitcher in raw value because they play significantly fewer innings. So obviously some positional adjustment is appropriate, and I think its entirely appropriate to have "representatives" from each position (excepting...perhaps long snapper) that is the best at that position. Hester is clearly the best all-around returner in NFL history.

Agreed

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Doltos posted:

Completely disingenuous to my argument. Returners are one of the only positions that people graduate from besides guard to tackle. You can't look at the careers of Steve Smith Jr. or Odell Beckham or any other returner that was put into offense instead and ignore that.

Hester wasn't that great. He was from your nostalgia era.

“sure he was the best ever at this thing but he wasn’t good at this different thing!”

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Lions are a loving lock to beat Dallas.

SF’s offensive line is very sus without Trent Williams, them @ Detroit could be a very fun game

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Dec 29, 2023

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

It's generally lovely the leverage teams have against players. It's a lovely thing to do to Russ.

But from a team perspective I don't think they're wrong to move on ASAP. And I think Denver fans are probably relieved that it's over

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Not Ray Rice’s first appearance - he was on the field for the 10 year Super Bowl anniversary celebration last year.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The BSO owns though

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I'd definitely rather see Russ on the Steelers than, like, Kirk Cousins

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1741448595314704680

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What's the tldr of whatever happened at the end of the game yesterday

https://twitter.com/BenjaminSolak/status/1741329085073125779?s=20

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Bip Roberts posted:

The lions tried to trick the refs and successfully did but didn't listen to the refs announce on the PA exactly what was going on.

the Lions were not trying to trick the refs silly

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Bip Roberts posted:

They explicitly played a gambit with three players approaching the ref at different angles with only one reporting at a critical juncture to add complexity to their trick play they were running.

yeah that's why they explained all this to the refs before the game like coaches do when they want to do something weird. complex and weird trick plays are not new

the ref forgot and just assumed he knew what was going on, and it literally cost the Lions the game

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

this is one of those events, much like the Calvin Johnson non-catch, that makes a whole lot of people dig into the rulebook and learn some rules they probably weren't too smart on before

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Aw gently caress

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Hard to imagine a non-Lamar Raven I wouldn’t want to lose more than Kyle Hamilton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

e wrong thread