Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Doltos posted:

They hate me because I'm the only rational person on these forums instead of falling for stats and narratives

you were literally using stats to say why he didn't deserve it like two posts ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Re: Hester:

https://twitter.com/DanMillerFox2/status/1740507424271065568?t=YAo8ZiOnk5WuKP4bTnfU8Q&s=19

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Coldforge posted:

I have no feeling or thoughts about Hester in the hall, but using a college play to endorse his NFL HoF case is maybe not well considered.

It's not the Hall of Amazing Things People Did Outside the NFL.

I wasn't posting the play, I was posting the longtime Detroit Lions media guy confirming that other teams feared Hester so much that they deliberately punted the ball out of bounds rather than risk him getting his hands on it. Which is absolutely insane!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Punts happen in every single NFL game with exceedingly rare exceptions. They happen mostly the same way, with some variation for field position or unusually good returns. That an NFL team would change their entire strategy for one of the most routine plays in the whole sport because a single player is that goddamn dangerous if they do it the usual way... that to me is Hall of Fame material and it's hard to argue otherwise.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

fartknocker posted:

I believe the standard is a million dicks per second, a record set by the Dallas Cowboys

In a row?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Bip Roberts posted:

Sorry, you have to love the a+ fan tantrum

I'm sorry but if you're more entertained by people on the Internet being upset, a thing that happens every day, rather than the golden unicorn play of a lineman scoring a touchdown, then something is deeply wrong in your brain. I don't think you deserve football, frankly.