Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Remember when Payton screamed at Russ on the sideline for absolutely no reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I am once again wondering how Payton screaming at Russ on the sideline for no reason fits into all of this because there's no way you can convince me it's not connected now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

abelwingnut posted:

it was later found out there was a reason: russ snapped the ball way too early. the coaches were trying to determine if they should review the last play, which looked like a touchdown from everyone on the ground and above. russ snapped it with like :15 to go.

it was very dumb of him and cost them.

That's a terrible reason because Payton can just tell Russ with the voice he has in his helmet to slow down.

Also neither one of those plays was getting overturned.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Surely some nerd has gone through Hester's career and gotten some idea of just how many yards opponents gave up rather than kick to him? And tried to approximate some adjusted career stats using that?

And if nobody has, they should do it and pay me 700 dollars for the idea.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SKULL.GIF posted:

Bro Darrelle Revis is like #236 all time for interceptions how come people think he should be in the Hall?

Gdi

Submarined again!!!!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
YouTube TV is runnin' a thing right now where if you refer somebody, both people get 50 bucks off of their bills, and I think with the 7-day free trial, one month gets you all the way past the Super Bowl. So if anybody's up for that, PM me.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Like, if we can't trust these guys to retain information for three hours or be able to be aware that one guy is talking while another guy is nearby, why are they reffing these games in the first place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

PostNouveau posted:

Troy Aikman was saying immediately that that play was illegal for 2 other reasons even if the refs hadn't hosed up the check-in thing. Was he right about that?

No. If the refs had called the report correctly, the formation was legal.