Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/jasrifootball/status/1739458735741813166?t=OiHQdYVtY6k4QZMc02EXkQ&s=19

MVP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Stinger in his arm. More damning is that Darnold took over and looked just as good or better. It's the system and talent around Purdy. Always has been.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

CapnAndy posted:

I really, really liked the games being spread out over Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I know Monday at 1:00 isn't normally feasible, but do a Friday night game instead to make up for it.

Just have one game on at a time, it turns out that's doable and that way people will watch more football (and therefore more ads)!

Absolutely not. I have a family and every time my beloved boys of Baltimore play outside of Sundays it fucks up our schedules. TNF should be banned (or at least tied to a second bye week). Saturday football is a curse on weekends. Only the sick and depraved enjoy watching Football on Saturdays.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

One one hand, yes

Otoh

Overcame the most blatant ref screw job imaginable. Classic MVP behavior.

https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1739508101798113757?s=20

making GBS threads on Florio without even getting the man's name right. That's my MVP :911:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://x.com/mattblively/status/1739526907170087062?s=20

"My Dad looks just like you..."

Brock the bastard Harbaugh confirmed.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Fields' variable high level play combined with good skill players and a dominant defense would be a pain in the rear end in Pittsburgh. I strongly prefer Pittsburgh keep with the last 4 years tradition of total dog poo poo at QB.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

solarjetman posted:

I'm not sure how to feel about the prospect of Flacco traveling to Baltimore and upsetting a super bowl caliber Ravens team in the divisional round.

It'll be the AFC Championship Game and it will cause me extreme internal strife.

My current head cannon is that Flacco comes out to midfield with a microphone during pregame to address the crowd. He thanks us all, and me specifically, for our dedicated fandom and our service in the 2010s internet wars over NFL eliteness. Then Flacco turns toward the tunnel and walks out of the stadium. He keeps walking, stripping off his jersey, pads, and armor as he goes. He walks all night and into the morning until eventually he is outside the front door of a large, tasteful home in suburban Delaware. The door opens to reveal the lovely family Flacco. Joe kisses his wife, hugs is children, and proceeds downstairs to the basement. He walks through the dark to a wall where he picks up a stray electrical cord and inserts it into the outlet. As an orange/blue light washes over him Flacco approaches his beloved Demolition Man pinball machine. His work done, his duty fulfilled, Joseph Vincent Flacco whispers softly " Thank you for waiting. Now, it's our time."

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Old Story from before the Superbowl posted:

You can tell Matt Birk likes telling this story. The veteran center is talking about how generous Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is with his offensive linemen, particularly at Christmas. This year's gift? Bose speaker systems.

Birk decided the offensive line should reciprocate. The problem? He'd have to do some digging to figure out what the quarterback would like.

One day, Birk casually asked Flacco, "Do you golf?"

"No, I don't golf," Flacco said.

"Do you fish?"

"No, I don't fish."

"What do you do in your off time?"

"I just like to sit around," Flacco said. "I hang out in my basement."

As he sat at a podium, with Super Bowl XLVII less than a week away, Birk smiled: "That's just Joe."

So what did the offensive linemen come up with?

"A pinball machine," Birk said, then took a dramatic pause. "For his basement."

It's strongly implied.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's 85 million against next year's cap. Not sure they can eat that without additional cuts.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Wouldn't that just mean he has a 50 million cap hit in 2025?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

wandler20 posted:

No because it processes in the new league year. These happen all the time.

What do you mean? 2025 would be the new league year so 35 million in 24 and 50 in 25 is how it would shake out.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Toaster Beef posted:

it's only going to get worse. they're going to have to do something about the backlog eventually, because as it stands we're going to have legendary players getting skipped over.

Wouldn't that solve itself? Modern guys age into legacy guys and get special consideration. Actually, is that how it works? I don't really know.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Anyone arguing against Hester is unserious or trolling. He's #1 with a bullet from that list of candidates. Joining Hester should be:

Andre Johnson
Reggie Wayne
Julius Peppers
Antonio Gates

Don't feel bad about leaving most of those other guys out. Ton of Hall of Very Good guys that got no place in being considered. When is Steve Smith eligible? He's a walk in co.oared to a bunch of these guys.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
God drat. We are squandering prime off-season content here.

AFC #1 seed will be decided next week. What do you all think about Dolphins/Ravens?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Mega64 posted:

I think whoever wins Dolphins/Ravens will be the #1 seed.

Me too!

Very curious to see who plays in this game.

Ravens Injury Report: Kyle Hamilton, Zay Flowers, Patrick Queen, Roquan Smith, Kevin Zeitler, Broderick Washington, Arthur Maulet, Jordan Stout, Jalyn Armour-Davis
Dolphins Injury Report: Tua Tagovailoa, Tyreek Hill, Jaylen Waddle, Xavier Howard, Jevon Holland, Andrew Van Ginkle,Robert Hunt, Austin Jackson

Bolded all the starters. I bet both teams really want that bye!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Christian Wilkins, Zack Seiler, Bradley Chubb, and Jalen Ramsey aren't exactly nobodies.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
If the Ravens lose to the Dolphins, the Bills are probably locked into the #6 seed. No reason to play starters week 18, compared to the Dolphins who will be playing for a bye. Hard to imagine Buffalo would pull that one out.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It can. 2019 Ravens/Steelers Week 17 springs to mind. However, I would not put all my eggs in the Kyle Allen Game basket.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's on the table. The biggest advantage Baltimore has is their defensive line against this beat-up Dolphins O-line. One of the big questions of the day is if Tua's release speed and the Dolphins short game will be enough to overcome that disadvantage.

Coldforge posted:

Probably, but if the season stays true to character, the Dolphins will destroy them and embarrass Lamar, crushing his MVP hopes.

This is true. Presumptive MVP has been a bit of a curse this year.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

wilderthanmild posted:

If the Ravens lose to the Dolphins they need to play starters week 18 unless the Browns lose to the jets tonight. Otherwise they risk losing the division to the Browns.

They probably won't lose to the dolphins though, so they'll probably rest starters week 18 anyway.

The Ravens and Dolphins would have to play starters. Ravens to win the division and to potentially land the 1 seed. Dolphins to secure the 1 seed. The Bills, would have no reason to play their starters. Even with a win they would be a game behind the Dolphins and the Browns. They couldn't even move from 6 seed to 5 seed. That makes the likelihood of a Bills win week 18 real low. Which makes Miami/Baltimore basically the only important variable for who gets number 1.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
How does one pronounce Achane?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Thank you! I was thinking it was like a hosed up mush mouth Arkane.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Like Hester over Torry Holt or Willie Anderson??!?!?

If there were 5 open slots those dudes shouldn't make it in. Definition of Hall of Very Good type players.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Counterpoint: Marshall Yanda will go in first ballot.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Kawalimus a fake fan. Ovie Mughelli way too low on his list.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

wilderthanmild posted:

In a couple weeks they will just have to win 3 games to do it and the biggest challenge of the whole thing is needing to win a game in Baltimore, a thing they've already done once this year.

I certainly wouldn't bet money on it, but there really is a chance, especially if Flacco keeps putting up 300+ yards a game and they get to rest up a lot of these injured guys week 18 since they've clinched #5.

Yeah. Cleveland and LA are the two hot teams that have a shot along with the typical contenders. The AFC playoffs are good as hell. Ravens, Bills, Browns, Dolphins, Chiefs, and healthy Texans(if we ever see that again) are all good enough to beat one another up. None of those teams are totally dominant. Ravens are closest, but the injuries on offense are going to bring some inconsistency, especially to the run game.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Can we stop it with the off-season chat? I know the Giants and Bears are long dead, but we have genuinely exciting playoffs around the corner. And two games that may determine the 1 seeds this week!

If the Lions win out and the Niners lose to the Rams next week, they have homefield through the playoffs. Do the Lions at home have enough to beat a visiting 49ers?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
What's his injury? Niners lacking that interior push was killer for allowing Lamar to escape pressure.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Yikesaroo!!!

From all I've heard Rice has done a lot to redeem himself via work with domestic violence orgs and community charities. Even if his efforts are the most authentic and effective anti DV work in history, it's probably fair to say he lost his opportunity to be honored like that.

Additionally, All Time Low's lead guitarist was very obnoxious in middle school. It's a big L for the Ravens all around.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
True.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/brianwacker1/status/1741497456867565842?t=CC5Zp-7hvNjQUETcJ2-b4Q&s=19

All-Pro Safety, probowl guard, and #2 CB all out. That's not the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Hot Diggity! posted:

NFL bite dot com

For God's sake use the most robust ad block you can.