Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

I'm amazed the Jets aren't higher on the list

Panthers lead the league in fourth down attempts this season with 40. Probably why they’re not higher on that list.

Lions are number 2 which gives you an idea of how lovely the panthers third down offense has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Can’t believe Russ rushed into a play to the detriment of his team in a high stakes situation.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Hester was amazing but i don't think returners should be in the HoF, if you think they do then yea makes sense to put Hester in.

It's wild to me anyone would put Hester in over any of these other dudes:

◽️ Reggie Wayne
◽️ Torry Holt
◽️ Julius Peppers
◽️ Antonio Gates
◽️ Patrick Willis
◽️ Rodney Harrison
◽️ Dwight Freeney
◽️ Jared Allen
◽️ Andre Johnson
◽️ Jahri Evans
◽️ Willie Anderson
◽️ Eric Allen
◽️ Darren Woodson
◽️ Fred Taylor

Like Hester over Torry Holt or Willie Anderson??!?!?

Just coming back to this and obviously I'm biased but Steve Smith as well.

Steve Smith was 1st team all pro his rookie year as a returner, then began transitioning away in 2002 but still did very well. He was also one of the best wide receivers of his era, won the triple crown in 2005 on a team where the 2nd leading receiver was a running back, murdered teams in high stakes games and situations, and talked massive poo poo the entire time. And of course in the Seattle playoff game in 2005, smith demanded to return a punt because he was being triple teamed, and he housed it the refs were right to pick up the flag

Hester gets in behind Steve Smith.

Also smith did this at like 36 years old. skip to 1:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tru3SE0Hzu0&t=105s

edit* just watch the whole thing. 2nd play is him breaking like six tackles against the texans for a TD in a game the Panthers were down 4 scores.

lmao this also has the play where he caught a pass at the 3, was hit so hard he broke his arm, and still got into the end zone.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Dec 29, 2023

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Did I miss this getting discussed?

https://x.com/mattschneidman/status/1739046338229072350?s=20