Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Read a bunch of Yubisaki to Reren back in the day and that was very cute. If anyone is in the mood for super saccharine romance, that one will almost certainly be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Southern Cassowary posted:

watched the first ep of a sign of affection - yuki is a hearing-impaired college student who meets itsuomi, a charming polyglot world traveler

i loving loved this. incredibly charming, knows when to be funny and make goofy faces and when to lean into the romance, the concept was cool without being overly cloying, the style was great. this is at the top of the things i'm most excited to keep watching this season now.

The manga was super good from the chunk of it that I read so I'm glad the adaptation rules.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Finished the Kaina of the Great Snow Sea movie, which apparently released in October but Crunchyroll only got it in December.

All in all, it's a pretty satisfying conclusion to the show, although it definitely felt like it was just the last few episodes of the show packaged into a film instead of just airing as episodes. I imagine if it had gotten a second cours they would have probably have fleshed out the film antagonist a little more since he only shows up about halfway through and doesn't get to do very much of anything before the film ends (he also feels like a bit of a rehash of the show's antagonist).

The show as a whole won't end up in my list of best anime ever, but I had a good time watching it and the setting (far-future, post-natural-disaster-apocalypse society turned medieval) is cool and yes, a little reminiscent of Nausicaa.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I think 7th time loop is more fun and a better show but level 99 is fun and is being carried by a great Seiyuu and good timing on the faces

:yeah:

The lovingly animated ballroom dancing sequence in the latest 7th Time Loop episode, where the MC keeps trying to take the lead and being skilfully deflected by the crown prince as a metaphor for their relationship, was really cool.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It should have been Dine-In Dungeon, actually.

Xelkelvos posted:

It's a shame there wasn't an English was to translate the spanish one since it's apparently a pun on Dungeons and Dragons. In Espanol: D&D is Dragones y Mazmorras (lit. Dragons and Dungeons). The translation for Dungeon Meshi is: Tragones y Mazmorras (lit. guzzlers or gluttons)

The French title is Gluttons & Dragons, along the same line.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Fru Fru posted:

Umm I don’t think it’s her cousin. Pretty sure the two boys are cousins.

He's Itsu's cousin, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I don't know if meek is the right word. She never stops being way too nice and polite but she's also very assertive when it comes to actually treating people.