Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yeah Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

lets hang out posted:

Dual parallel trouble adventure felt like one of those, but all Tenchi'd up

when did your cat get so hardcore...

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

It’s an injustice if it’s not getting subbed

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I NEED new mahjong anime!!!

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Parallax posted:

just watch it with french subs

non

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

nielsm posted:

Sasaki and Peeps - could you at the absolute minimum have made the coworker girl 19 or something, and not a 16 year old high schooler? I'm sticking with it for now because bird, but with how the two other girls that appeared this episode look, I'm afraid it'll just go downhill from here.

lol at the age

i gave up on it mid ep because i realized it wasn't doing much fun with the premise. after 50 minutes i think im owed some vague stakes to care about. trying to figure out how to hide both sides of his life could have been interesting but despite how much stuff happened it felt like none of it was worth caring about

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

It's a shame there wasn't an English was to translate the spanish one since it's apparently a pun on Dungeons and Dragons. In Espanol: D&D is Dragones y Mazmorras (lit. Dragons and Dungeons). The translation for Dungeon Meshi is: Tragones y Mazmorras (lit. guzzlers or gluttons)

lol

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

an anime would not be able to handle Ritz's fanservice predilections. Also Nodoka's...those.

I believe in studio gokumi and think they will draw the saki characters in a way that’s actually bearable

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I think it varies by show but Crunchy will have .5 episodes for series if they get them

yeah, crunchy has eps listed as 18.5 and 21.5

no idea which is which though, i skipped the recap eps

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

haypliss posted:

Asking the High Card writers why they don't care about Vijay.

it's funny that he's probably the most competent member of the team because he barely has anything going on to distract him, but it also means the writers never give him screentime

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

imagine a show where the main character constantly has poignant flashbacks to stuff that happened two weeks ago.

im watching daigo: rescuer in orange right now actually

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

haypliss posted:

Agreed unless the isekai is Weakest Tamer (sad to say Wrong Way to Heal fell off incredibly hard).

amazing how much the 2 ep flashback arc killed all momentum for me

and i didn't even watch the second half of it!!

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

I think it doesn't help that one of the most famous 3D anime studios, Polygon, tends to do pretty ehh work (especially with their lighting and character animation) despite being in the game for a long time by this point.

polygon pictures has done more damage to the reputation of 3d anime than berserk (2016) could ever hope to

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Maera Sior posted:

Since it comes up so frequently and it's because of everyone's posts in here, I thought I'd say that I finally watched MyGO.

Great show that completely killed my interest with the final episode. Maybe I need to be a fan of the franchise or something, but I have zero interest in watching a band of villains when I was so bored by their performance.

lol yeah

I think some of the setup was interesting but it really was not what I wanted

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

symbolic posted:

you're all welcome for willing this into existence

the parkour heads have been celebrating this for weeks!!!

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The Colonel posted:

if you like mygo you should watch the writer's classic 2017 magical girl anime flip flappers. she had to leave the production halfway through for personal reasons so the back half's a bit weaker but it doesn't completely fall off a cliff so much as the pacing gets a bit off the rails and a lot of what's cool about her writing is on display in the stuff she worked on

locodol's also pretty good. something she got full authorship over so it's just a full lesbian comedy about two extremely minor local celebrity idols hanging out and putting on really cheap poorly produced shows

flip flappers got some cool stuff but i would not have pegged that connection if you hadn't said it lol

some of the moodiness is in flip flappers for sure, but the comedy falls flat way more often. the inclusion of the pervert robot is really annoying and not worth the one good gag in 12 eps that it gets.

i do think its strength is in how each ep can be a completely different piece though

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

City of gold is where the manga lost me so I am going to lol if the anime also manages that

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

High Card Season 2 is over. It resolved the main plotlines while leaving room for another season if they want to do one. Of course they never found Tilt's body, so he's going to turn up alive if they do another season, but presumably actually dead if they don't.

In retrospect, Finn should have just killed Lala. It would have prevented the deaths of Tilt, Burst, and several palace guards. (And Ban and Zenon, I guess.)

tbf I wouldn’t have wanted to touch the spooky heart orb either. It looked pretty gross

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Southern Cassowary posted:

how did yall like high card s2 compared to the first

I was a little down on it compared to s1, but there’s some stand out eps to me. I think my main complaint is how they spend a lot of time either within flashbacks or with the gang separated.

The flashbacks do have some good food though, and it spends some more time on Finn and Chris which is the strongest relationship in the show.

The penultimate ep also has some of the highest concentration of excited reaction posting I’ve done with a friend for the whole series lol

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Imo if you liked s1, you’ll find joy in s2

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Southern Cassowary posted:

i enjoyed it when it was wacky heist hijinks like the cruise ship and everything after the orphanage fire when they tried to add heavy emotional stakes didn't land for me at all. trying to feel out if i wanted to check it out.

lol half of s2 is rooted in that

I think the final payoff is good but it sounds like an easy skip.

If you’re in the mood to watch single eps though I’d say ep 18, HOLD YOUR HAND, is the closest you get to the sillier vibes of s1 imo. It features a road trip with Wendy, instagram girl from s1, and a troubled youth. The villain’s my favorite one that they introduced this season and is the epitome of epic one ep character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Also s2’s op and ed are worse. They’re not bad but there’s no beating Trickstar and Meychan