Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Clarste posted:

I've never finished Bleach, how did it end?

it embraced that its power scaling had gotten really stupid and bullshit and was much better for it in the final arc

the flash forward was presented like the start of a new story with a cliffhanger plothook and everything, but of course the only actually meaningful information in it was confirming who got married and what kooky job x character is doing now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

SlowBloke posted:

I feel like the bulk of the dub viewers are there for SungWon Cho/ProZD rather for the whole cast or translation being good.

I thought it was a great dub before I found out prozd voiced senshi

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

the return of translator notes in anime subs

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I loved the first 3 episodes of eureka seven and very quickly got very bored in the following few episodes, then stopped watching

That was years ago though, maybe it'd be more my speed nowadays.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

the first four episodes of frieren were incredibly good. i have yet to watch past episode 5.

it's gonna happen soon though

bravern sounds like it's incredibly my poo poo as well and i'm sure when i finally sit down and watch it i'll love it

i have actually been watching dungeon meshi though and that one i can verify is great. is it known if that'll be 12 or 24 episodes?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress yeah

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

i think the 'wariness' of 3d is largely unfair and born from bad association. its not like people use, idk, marchen madchen as an excuse to think 2d anime is bad, but the more recent berserk anime is used as a reason to think 3d is bad. its a little unfortunate when so much good work is being done in the space. people mostly associate 3d with cost cutting instead of as a legitimate form of animation, when most of the shows that are using 3d as a cost-cutting measure, its not like theyd look good if they were 2D. if the recent berserk was 2d itd be 5 frames of animation per episode.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Nothing immediately comes to mind in regards to series that were 3d that really popped because they were 3d rather than regardless of it or despite it.

And given that the vast majority of all 3d shows are doing that as a part of cost cutting, why should one not make that assumption?

trigun stampede utilized the 3d pretty well i thought. really any of studio orange's 3d work would qualify here right? i certainly didn't think beastars looked bad. and i'm not going to say the 3d in dorohedoro was immaculate but broadly it was pretty good, and i'm not sure that's an anime that would be feasible to make in 2d without sacrificing visual complexity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i watched dungeon meshi this season and it was very good

i picked up frieren and watch a few episodes of it a week with a friend, we have not gotten to the episodes that would qualify as this season but i do like the show a lot so there's that

braven sounds like a show i would enjoy very much which is why i have a perpetually open tab to remind me that i should watch it that i have continued to ignore