Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Endorph posted:

ichigo/rukia should have been canon

she was right to be clear

I've never finished Bleach, how did it end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Basically just did Naruto's ending.

I never finished Naruto either, maybe I'm a bad person.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

what does this mean

They torture her by showing her delicious food and not letting her eat it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

sharkmafia posted:

I've repeatedly heard that it 'gets good eventually' and I'm willing to believe that on the strength of the author's other work

As a fan of the author's other works, I thought Sengoku Youko was kind of boring and dropped it at some point. Like, I wouldn't say it's bad or anything, it's just never becomes great in the way you might be hoping for.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

It's a shame there wasn't an English was to translate the spanish one since it's apparently a pun on Dungeons and Dragons. In Espanol: D&D is Dragones y Mazmorras (lit. Dragons and Dungeons). The translation for Dungeon Meshi is: Tragones y Mazmorras (lit. Guzzlers or Gluttons and Dungeons)

Delicious in Dungeon is DinD, ie: DnD, ie: D&D. That is the exact joke they are going for.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Sudden swerve into Hunter Exam.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Caphi posted:

"My spleen" was a cheap comedic exclamation of pain because "spleen" is a superficially funny-sounding word. It's largely an artifact of the era of monkeycheese.

Another aspect of the joke is that you'd have no idea if it was your spleen in particular hurting because it's an unassuming internal organ.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Not really, since the numbers already went up before the story starts. It's mostly a comedy about someone with no social skills but maxed stats because she spent her entire childhood grinding monsters.

Unlike I'm thinking of something else; I'm not watching it either but I think I read the manga a while ago.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The names are very similar!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

i like all the anime that keep 'bitch' in the title

How often does that come up?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The pun works, but the meaning may not be intact because "bitch" in Japanese means something very different from "bitch" in English.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I guess they probably have contracts with the TV stations to provide an episode every week, but honestly I feel like viewers would rather have no episode at all then be "tricked" into watching a recap. Not to mention it forever being episode 7 or whatever on DVD releases, etc.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

ninjewtsu posted:

the first four episodes of frieren were incredibly good. i have yet to watch past episode 5.

it's gonna happen soon though

bravern sounds like it's incredibly my poo poo as well and i'm sure when i finally sit down and watch it i'll love it

i have actually been watching dungeon meshi though and that one i can verify is great. is it known if that'll be 12 or 24 episodes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Eh, it also demonstrates some of the series' worst excesses. Like, if you didn't like the earlier parts it won't suddenly make you like it because it's just more of the same, only bigger.

Edit: Unless you had one extremely specific complaint, I suppose.