Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh hallelujah, a Mizukami anime that actually looks pretty good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Bravern Ep1: So the eponymous robot is totally evil, right?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I dig it, it's a fairly unique fantasy world (even if the tech seems to swing between first half of the 20th century and straight up modern day) and it's got cool magic.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
drat, Sengoku Youko was good this week.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

sb hermit posted:

Saw that netflix dropped a few trailers for anime next season:

Grimm Variations seems like a twisted version of Grimm’s Fairy Tales with reimagined settings and characters. Character design by CLAMP! I think the trailer reveals too much and I kind of wish I didn’t see it but I’m hyped for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTU3detmX_I

Gundam: Requiem for a Vengeance focuses on the European front of the one year war. It is notable to me for two things: it claims to be entirely produced with Unreal Engine 5, and the director has worked on Star Citizen. Those details are right there in the trailer description, which is hilarious because if I had a hand in it, I would bury those details as much as possible until the show comes out and proves itself without them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_fNP-ipgJA

On the other hand, I think it looks better than the Bright anime although that one went for a more cel shaded look.

Well, given the strength of the Gundam name, I’m sure people will probably watch an episode or two at the very least but this certainly isn’t going to be anything close to Witch.

I'll be honest, both of those look like crap.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Julias posted:

Nah, Grimm Variations looks cool. Neat concept, with character design by CLAMP and animation by Studio WIT. Looks like a winner to me.
For that one I'm talking less about the visuals and more the writing on display, and the basic premise of "what if fairy tales were twisted??" (They already were, that's not a revelation to anyone in this day and age.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Waffleman_ posted:

It's being directed by a prominent Warhammer 40k fan film maker lmao

And not even the one anyone cares about