Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Dungeon Meshi looks like fun and I am always ready for more Hogwarts For Morons in Mashle.

I dont mind this season being light on things that grab my attention since Ive built up quite the backlog somehow and this is an opportunity to chip away at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Doodles posted:

I don't understand folks saying there's nothing good this season. They must be the type who look at a fridge full of food and say there's nothing to eat because none of it is filet mignon or lobster.

People have different interests, and those can vary from season to season. :shrug:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kwyndig posted:

Do you really want to spend all your time watching anime?

... Yes?

Can I? Not a chance in hell. :v:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

SK8 ruled and theres going to be a second season announced any day now.

Yep, any day now...

:smith:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

Idk I would rather die gaming than getting run over/stabbed/crushed by the cruel reality of the world.

The other methods at least offer a chance at inflection and growth for a character. I feel like "gamer wakes up as their overpowered character" doesnt really have that option.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Nipponophile posted:

Are there any other ironic deaths like Bookworm's "crushed under a mountain of her own books during an earthquake"?

There's one where a chef is killed when his giant cake falls on him.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Colonel posted:

the whole crux of rayearth's split between part 1 and part 2 is that the magic knights do end up going back home but the situation they left cephiro in was so bad they feel obligated to go back so they can properly set it right

That sounds awesome though, and now I feel like I should watch it.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

OK yeah, Delicious in Dungeon seems like its going to be a pretty fun show.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

Come to Ottawa, umbrellas are very handy for the sleet that we get in winter.

Too windy in central Ontario for an umbrella, especially in winter.

Mashle S2 has a new OP and its not nearly as good. Good episode though, cant wait for more hijinks from that group of dummies.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Xelkelvos posted:

LitRPG is what the genre's typically called when it starts throwing stats and UIs in otherwise typical fantasy. Idk what to call it for Manga or anime.

Garbage

:v:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I am actually really enjoying the laid back nature and pace of Delicious in Dungeon. Good characters and silly premise.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Endorph posted:

i think the orihime/ichigo stuff in early bleach actually works pretty well but orihime gets sidelined for so much of the series that by the end it falls pretty flat. this applies to many things in bleach

I feel like thats a big issue for any story with a large cast unfortunately.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Endorph posted:

the same way you make anything interesting, with characters and conflicts.

Isnt Birdie Wing also set in an already established universe from another anime? Or is that only Dumbbells?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

It is honestly amazing that my brother and I have such opposite taste in anime. He wouldnt stop bugging me to watch Solo Leveling, Classroom of the Elite, and Undead Adventurer. So I gave all of them a 3 episode test and didnt find much in any of them. Also I really hate shows with video game stuff like menus and inventory and leveling now apparently.

Meanwhile I ask him to watch Sign of Affection and Dark Gathering and he wont even watch one episode calling them girly and childish, respectively.

At least we both like Mashle so it isnt a total wash.

e: Im still trying to get him to watch Dungeon Meshi but I may lose that battle too. :negative:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Im on holidays now so with my free time I decided to check out at least one more new show.

The instant death isekai show.. isnt terrible? Like, its got one gimmick, but they somehow just run with the absurdity of it all instead of trying to overexplain or play it down. And it kind of works. Probably helps that the MC is a total doofus in the vein of Kazuma from Konosuba. Not exactly a season stealing show or anything, but its good enough Ill probably finish it.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

AnoHito posted:

The instant death one works because they made the entire cast a bunch of total lunatics and they just kind of makes the whole thing fun

Oh yeah that certainly helps. I also liked how a few of the other characters have already been isekai'd at least once and are broken from the experience, making them believable lunatics.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I need to watch Kakegurui again. What a weird, wild ride that was the first time.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GateOfD posted:

is solo leveling this week a recap?

According to my upset brother, yes.

Mashle continues to be absurd, weird, and good.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Heck yeah. I hope they bring the same staff back, I loved the colour palette they used. Made it look alive despite mostly taking place at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Brutal Garcon posted:

Mashle dropping an actual And Then You Add Kurt Angle To The Mix in its last episode.

I cant believe the show works so drat well given its simple satirical premise.

Mashle rules.