Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I am digging this show so far. Light hearted fantasy cooking shows always get an A+ from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

CuddleCryptid posted:

I always assumed the half lidded eyes on Laios in the manga was just part of his model but the anime makes him sound like he is on Fantasy Valium, presumably to keep his hyperfixation to a survivable level.

Re: Marcille, the recent episode establishes her as a cloistered academic, and the drawbacks that come from that. And she does mess up a lot in the series, but she is a magical genius in the things she is good at, and she shows it many times later. That is kind of a theme of the Party; everyone in the group has some sort of specialization that they are *incredible* at, but only works if they have someone else to cover for other parts. If you took anyone out of the group then the whole thing would fall apart.

Can we not do this coy hinting at the manga thing? Like every other anime thread, please discuss the anime as presented.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

CuddleCryptid posted:

"No the one girl isn't constantly a buffoon written by absolute hacks and you aren't supposed to hate her" isn't really coy hinting at anything and the theme i was talking about was in the episode, but okay.

"And she does mess up a lot in the series, but she is a magical genius in the things she is good at, and she shows it many times later."

This is what I mean.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

oops all elves

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Frieren and Marcille are especially good because their ears are very long.

They could be longer though.

PS, you can't link imgur pics for AVs. I'll fix it though

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Hihohe posted:

Laios was gonna just eat straight up leather buckles

I think its even funnier that senshi knew they would be too tough, as if hes tried before

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

If the episode is out talk about it. If it's manga stuff don't talk about it.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Because it's hard for people to let new folks have the same sense of discovery of a new thing they had.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Nuclear Spoon posted:

the rare chrono cross enjoyer

Chrono Cross is good, OP

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

You guys don't all have to clown car into the thread to post spoilers you know.

Yea, cut this poo poo out.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

ThingOne posted:

If you can get him out of his dungeon gear, Senshi is legitimately one of the handsomest dudes in the manga.

Senshi gonna sell you some OxyClean

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Ooh, i love Sumika

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

so the new intro song, I feel like I've heard it somewhere. I don't really follow jpop closely though

Sumika did the Wotakoi OP and a lot of their music has that jaunty sound.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

The MV for the new opening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qabqhNQS-S0

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Marsupial Ape posted:

Kabru has cop brain.

Please stop being weird in the monster food eating anime thread

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Where in the show is all this Kabru information? This feels like a lot of fan fiction for a guy who has been featured in 2 episodes for all of 40 minutes

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

i believe its because people find him hot

i mean sure, i meant all the hes a psycho or hes disturbing. he just seems like someone who struggles to communicate his feelings openly, unlike Laios who says exactly what he feels.

I don't see him as being attracted to Laios so much as fascinated by someone so different than himself

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Those guys had it coming within the confines of this world.

I guess for me growing up in a small town, kabru knowing everything about everyone isn't really freaky to me. The dungeon parties seem pretty insular so his recall doesn't come off as weird. Again, this is to me. I can't control what other people think.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

ninjewtsu posted:

honestly he seems a bit like a laios who is hyperfixated on people instead of animals and where that makes laios harmless and endearing, kabru puts you in the place of the monsters laios is nuts for and that's a much more uncomfortable perspective to have on the same mindset. i'm not sure i'd really go making moral judgements over either of them for it, as someone who is neurodivergent they both just kinda read as neurodivergent to me, and in that context i'm not super comfortable ascribing ethical value purely to the way their mind works over their actual actions. and i think everyone is broadly ok with kabru choosing to kill the people who tried to take advantage of his party via getting them to kill each other, it's just unsettling the way he explained and came to that conclusion, right?

this is where i am at. his explanation wasnt even unsettling to me. this world is not our world and we have no idea about his past or motivations.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I... like every character

Also this.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Reminder that this is the anime thread let's go easy on the manga stuff

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I refuse to believe Laios isn't at least bi, his crush on Shuro is as obvious as it is one sided.

Laois has zero romantic feelings for any human being. He clearly only truly loves monsters.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Mulva posted:

Stop trying to gently caress the Ace guy, it's tacky.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Popo posted:

Made the mistake of reading the ANN episode review.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/delicious-in-dungeon/episode-17/.210282

" Having Laios remark that his transformed sister is the coolest thing he's ever seen right before she brutally murders a bunch of characters we're supposed to be invested in deflates the impact of their deaths."

Are we really supposed to care about the new party and the "always dies" party dying? is that really what the show is going for given it at no pints dwells on the deaths? The point of this is to show how messed up the Dungeon is and let us see the ramifications of Marcille's dark magic. It's showing us that where before one party was able to move along quite easily now things have gotten significantly harder. Having Falin's kills actually be these awful, permanent things would muddy the water on wanting to save her vs kill her. Having her do two party wipes that can still be undone let us know poo poo has gotten real without risking people thinking Falin is irredeemable/beyond saving.

Bluh bluh, self inflicted psychic damage on my part.

They are missing the point. Death as we understand in our world is not where the tension is supposed to lie. It is in Falins undeath that we are supposed to feel anything. The episode made that clear by showing us how Falin is only Falin in appearance only, but not in action. Even her magic is shown as frightening, when previously she has only been shown to use it to save people.

Media literacy!!!!!

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Zeruel posted:

its people jumping the gun is what it is

yea jesus christ just let people watch the show and learn on their own

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

VideoWitch posted:

They literally said the characters name in promotional materials

was it in the show? no.

Just wait 7 days and let people enjoy things fresh. its not hard. Theres a whole manga thread.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Marsupial Ape posted:

We could start another thread for show watchers who want to talk about the show and leave this one for the people who just want to be horny for the character models. Compromise can be achieved if we just admit what we are to ourselves, first.

This poo poo sucks, stop.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

a 10 minute review of a 22 minute show is this punishment?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Lazy Fair posted:

Are you unfamiliar with the tradition of art critique?

It's rather brief, if anything.

Very familiar I just have youtube allergies

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I don't think falin is built like tade but okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Also as far as we know so far he's the only actual dad in the squad.