Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

3 DONG HORSE posted:

wasabi but my dad told me it was green tea ice cream

yeah i told my niece "it's good, it's like guacamole" when she asked what wasabi was and then she ate the entire glob assuming i had said "it's guacamole" and she to this day has not forgiven me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hurt people hurt people

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Nikumatic posted:

yeah i told my niece "it's good, it's like guacamole" when she asked what wasabi was and then she ate the entire glob assuming i had said "it's guacamole" and she to this day has not forgiven me

Is your niece Dr Steve Brule?

Szyznyk fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 11, 2024

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

How is it like guacamole? Green?

She was right to excommunicate you tbh.

----------------

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
fair :sever:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
I’m 100% on board with you guys saying Little Caesars wings are the worst.

Never again.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Normally the way my personality goes if someone says something is bad I have to try it but I believe you all about Little Caesar wings.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Rick posted:

Normally the way my personality goes if someone says something is bad I have to try it but I believe you all about Little Caesar wings.

I ate a hot’n ready once. There was a little Caesar’s connected to the liquor store closest to me (back then). It rivaled delivery Pizza Hut as the worst chain pizza that I ever had. Dine in Pizza Hut in the cast iron still kicks a lot of rear end for some reason. Nostalgia be damned. It is good. It has become a ritual before taking my daughter to the movie theater when a movie comes out that she wants to see. Ok. Some nostalgia..

I have had Dominos wings and every thing said about them is correct. HUGE mistake and they are meager and a soggy mess. I am in no way going to attempt wing from LC.

----------------

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Godfathers pizza was probably the worst pizza I've ever eaten. It made me upset how lovely it was

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Dokapon Findom posted:

Godfathers pizza was probably the worst pizza I've ever eaten. It made me upset how lovely it was

I just googled them because I thought that I got mail coupons from them. They are in delivery range for me. I have never tried them. Best chain delivery that we get every couple months is Marco’s. I wish that I was joking.

----------------

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

drunkb posted:

Dine in Pizza Hut in the cast iron still kicks a lot of rear end for some reason. Nostalgia be damned. It is good.

I've always liked their pan style. It's super buttery and crispy.

I also miss their dine in restaurants with buffets, tho. All of ours became take-out/delivery only about 3-4 years ago because the new CEO wanted to close all their dine-ins. I visited my father down in Texas and we went past an old-school Pizza Hut on the way to his house. We immediately called them up asking if they had a buffet and the chick on the phone laughed and asked if I was joking... I had to explain to her that Pizza Huts were famous for their pizza buffets until they closed them, etc and I was hoping they still had them down here. Boooo. I sound like the Facebook boomer posts.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

rndmnmbr posted:

A chicharonne taco from a taco truck. I hear "chicharonnes" I'm thinking pork cracklins, sure, I can go for something super-crunchy in a taco. I get what might have been crispy-fried chunks of pork belly with cracklin skin at one time, before it got stewed for a couple of hours and was a soggy, slimy mess wrapped in a tortilla.

Bahahaha yeah chicarrone tacos are a bit of acquired taste, best eaten while drunk to get over the texture.

Huh doing some googling right now and it looks like they really do just cook crispy fried chicharrones in salsa until they're soggy. I just kind of assumed they stewed raw pig skin, and you just called it chicharrone whether you deep fried it or stewed.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous cumhead!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

drunkb posted:

I just googled them because I thought that I got mail coupons from them. They are in delivery range for me. I have never tried them. Best chain delivery that we get every couple months is Marco’s. I wish that I was joking.

marco's is great though. romasan crust all over, 2x old world pepperoni, well done bake

----------------

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Pizza Hut buffet...

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
there are no sit down Huts here anymore. shameful.

----------------

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Sometimes when you order a whopper the cook will not slice the stem off the tomato. The one time I took a big bite of tomato stem was enough to make sure that I check every time now.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Love the Whopper. Nothing like not one but two big ol' pieces of ice cold, green interior, out-of-season tomatoes on my hamburger meat sandwich

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

So ask for no tomato, doofus

----------------

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I'm a firm believer in ordering things as they are intended to be served without substitutions, as well I don't like to waste food so I tough it out

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

I mean I'm usually the same that I just take things as they are, I'm not that picky, and I don't get all crazy with custom pain to make orders. "Double pickles, add mustard, substitute different bun, light lettuce, extra cheese, add custom sauce, slightly well done, etc." is annoying and has a good chance of getting messed up. "Hold the tomatoes" is pretty easy and reasonable.

But leaving something off isn't really wasting food unless you think you have to buy all the food in a restaurant or else they will throw it all away. I don't like wasting stuff either, but, they actually will end up throwing a fair amount of stuff away that doesn't get eaten anyhow. I guess if you mean just picking it off and throwing it away, I get it, but ordering something you don't like then eating it anyways is pretty much on you and hard to get sympathy over, even though I admit to having done just what you said before.

I do agree though that the whopper has one of the most prominent tomato toppings in fast food burgers. They are usually pretty thick and juicy especially when combined with the fairly thin sauce they tend to liberally apply, which can be good, but sometimes I'm not in the mood for it at all, so I get that. But if I start into the burg and decide I'm not feeling it, I just pull 'em. Sometimes I eat them on their own on the side anyhow, which might seem weird, but it's different somehow.

However, even the worst whopper I ever had wouldn't belong in the "worst poo poo you ever ate" thread, at least for me.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Bum the Sad posted:

Bahahaha yeah chicarrone tacos are a bit of acquired taste, best eaten while drunk to get over the texture.

Huh doing some googling right now and it looks like they really do just cook crispy fried chicharrones in salsa until they're soggy. I just kind of assumed they stewed raw pig skin, and you just called it chicharrone whether you deep fried it or stewed.

I'll take just about anything in a taco otherwise. Asada? Yes. Guisada? gently caress yes. Al pastor? Not a big fan of pineapple but gently caress yeah if I'm drunk enough. Tripas? Unf. Whole head barbacoa? Get in my mouth.

I draw the line at nervous systems and reproductive organs. Brain and eyes are right out, thanks but no thanks.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

i say swears online posted:

hurt people hurt people

Lol thinking about this. "This act irrevocably damaged our child-parent relationship and resulted in a host of lifelong issues with trust. Welp, can't wait to do the same thing to my dumb-rear end kid" :newlol:

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010

drunkb posted:

I ate a hot’n ready once. There was a little Caesar’s connected to the liquor store closest to me (back then). It rivaled delivery Pizza Hut as the worst chain pizza that I ever had. Dine in Pizza Hut in the cast iron still kicks a lot of rear end for some reason. Nostalgia be damned. It is good. It has become a ritual before taking my daughter to the movie theater when a movie comes out that she wants to see. Ok. Some nostalgia..

I have had Dominos wings and every thing said about them is correct. HUGE mistake and they are meager and a soggy mess. I am in no way going to attempt wing from LC.

I am a staunch Little Caesar's supporter but there are non-negotiable rules when it comes to eating at LC:
(1) Do not get the hot'n'ready
(2) Eat your pizza immediately; it's disgusting cold and doesn't reheat well
(3) Always get crazy bread
(4) Never ever ever get the wings

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

amaguri posted:

I am a staunch Little Caesar's supporter but there are non-negotiable rules when it comes to eating at LC:
(1) Do not get the hot'n'ready
(2) Eat your pizza immediately; it's disgusting cold and doesn't reheat well
(3) Always get crazy bread

(5) Get a dipping sauce. Normal pizza never needs it but it can put a subpar LC over the finish line

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Philthy posted:

I've always liked their pan style. It's super buttery and crispy.

I also miss their dine in restaurants with buffets, tho. All of ours became take-out/delivery only about 3-4 years ago because the new CEO wanted to close all their dine-ins. I visited my father down in Texas and we went past an old-school Pizza Hut on the way to his house. We immediately called them up asking if they had a buffet and the chick on the phone laughed and asked if I was joking... I had to explain to her that Pizza Huts were famous for their pizza buffets until they closed them, etc and I was hoping they still had them down here. Boooo. I sound like the Facebook boomer posts.

The one I go to still has the buffet thing in the middle. Sitting there. Unused. Mocking me. I would make a hella salad and grab a slice or two back in the day for like $7 at lunch and be full for the entire day. This is like a “I walked up hill to school both ways” post. Cherish the memories

Also, they have Pepsi and it is in those plastic cups made out of molten asbestos. It hits the right way together. My daughter was confused when I said she could have pop (ohio I know) and they didn’t have sprite. They had 7up. She couldn’t have been happier.

----------------

drunkb fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jan 14, 2024

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

drunkb posted:

Also, they have Pepsi and it is in those plastic cups made out of molten asbestos. It hits the right way together. My daughter was confused when I said she could have pop (ohio I know) and they didn’t have sprite. They had 7up. She couldn’t have been happier.

I swear to loving god soda tastes way better out of those cups. I don’t even like soda all that much but if you put it in one of those red cups with the bumps it’s divine.

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i worked at a resort relatively recently and the employee area had giant stacks of those things. i used to make an icewater for the commute home and then huck it in my backseat. ended up with dozens and just trashed them after i quit. i wish i had a few now

edit amazon has them for $3 apiece, gently caress that

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

i worked at a resort relatively recently and the employee area had giant stacks of those things. i used to make an icewater for the commute home and then huck it in my backseat. ended up with dozens and just trashed them after i quit. i wish i had a few now

edit amazon has them for $3 apiece, gently caress that

I got 4 frosted plastic glasses on Amazon for $5 a few years ago so yeah that's a bad price.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I swear to loving god soda tastes way better out of those cups. I don’t even like soda all that much but if you put it in one of those red cups with the bumps it’s divine.

Thank god that I am not the only crazy person. It is so much better.

----------------

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

marco's is great though. romasan crust all over, 2x old world pepperoni, well done bake

Hell yeah. Old world pepperoni all day.

----------------

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

amaguri posted:

This guy knows what’s up.
I learned this one the hard way.
Never again :barf:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I was only like 7 years old but excited to order the McPizza at a McDonalds while visiting relatives. It was so atrocious I couldn’t finish one piece of it. And to this day I can eat plenty of fast food or gas station trash and love it. My aunt and her husband tried it and also couldn’t finish a bite, had fun taking it home that evening and daring others to try it.

770e4133fe864efdb5a3d5860573ed6c

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Tato posted:

I was only like 7 years old but excited to order the McPizza at a McDonalds while visiting relatives. It was so atrocious I couldn’t finish one piece of it. And to this day I can eat plenty of fast food or gas station trash and love it. My aunt and her husband tried it and also couldn’t finish a bite, had fun taking it home that evening and daring others to try it.

Exact same experience my dad and I had. We saw the commercials, thought that sounds cool let's try it!

:barf: x2

----------------

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Fartington Butts posted:

Y'all ever had wings from LIttle Caesars?

This company will literally fire anyone who is caught on camera taking these home for themselves or giving them away to their coworkers/employees.

They make so much money on that garbage because they are never on sale and are like 6 or 8 bucks. You can get a lunch combo which has a drink with it less than an order of wings.

Another day in the life of Randabis...

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Frostbitten cream cheese jalapeño bites stuck together in a blob I got paid 20 bucks to eat when the cooling motor in our walk-in freezer broke

Another day in the life of Randabis...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Randabis posted:

This company will literally fire anyone who is caught on camera taking these home for themselves or giving them away to their coworkers/employees.

I am glad to hear they are taking this measure to ensure that people don’t eat their wings.

----------------