Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Hi from discord - which of you was responsible for "cat cat cat cat"?

I introduced my dad (72) to this on the weekend, set him up with the free account to noodle with. He's into making AI video so he was happy to be able to make little scores for them (he's just making little cartoons for his grandkids about mice princesses & frog knights, nothing serious). I just use it to make workout music, free five second intros for videos I have to make at work (edu stuff) and to have fun trying to make cursed noise, for no reason other than it's a fun toy and I enjoy playing with it. I'm still not a fan of the way the singing sounds though.

I'm hoping more and more control & tools get added so it can make something that has more human 'storytelling' to it - it can make some nice sounds but lacks that intelligent human element, I suck at explaining - things like knowing where to the put the breaks/drops and how to evolve things and so on. Sometimes even with tags it's doing it's own thing, I feel like a lot of the stuff I get that sort of works is mostly luck. The ability to continue from any second helps but nothing beats having the ability to cut/move loops around exactly where they're needed & having more control on how loud parts of the track are etc etc. All stuff to come I expect. In the meantime I'm enjoying being able to knock up crazy genre combinations while working out to make working out suck less (or, I guess, suck in new more interesting ways).

edit: i just figured out i can also use it to make pipe-organ/merry-go-round/generic ride theme music for planet coaster :D

Tambaloneus fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Apr 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU