Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'd try using one stick of RAM and disconnect any hard drives temporarily.

It's possible the RAM not being on the QVL is an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

You could place the motherboard out of the case and place it on a nonconductive surface. Then use a paperclip or screwdriver to bridge the power pins on the motherboard. Doing that would eliminate the computer case as being an issue.

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

...I tried booting it with the GPU in and out and both resulted in the same thing. The result has not changed at all with all the different attempts made to fix.

When you tried with the GPU out. Do you mean it won't turn on or you can't see anything on the screen? Because I don't think that CPU supports onboard video.

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

EDIT 3: I also just realized that I am using the same PSU cables for my SATA drives from the old PSU instead of the provided ones. Could that mean anything? I’m not around to test this out right now. I’ll try to test it tomorrow.

Always use the PSU cables that come with the new PSU. The cables can be different and potentially do damage.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Would that make a difference?

No, it shouldn't matter.