Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Shard posted:

I didn't like Cable guy as a kid and I haven't watched it again. I might have to try it again to see how it hits now.

Mostly the same, though Jim Carrey singing Jefferson Airplane's "Somebody to Love" is something I revisit every couple of years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Hopefully not this one.

Don't even need to click.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

I knew Robin Williams was in it, but Michael Gambon and LLCool J? I love weird casting. And Gambon.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Phy posted:

Who are the rear end holes who think Event Horizon is a bad movie, I will fight them with fists and kicks

I wouldn't say bad, but disappointing. It has fantastic ideas, but personally I don't feel it quite lands them.

The dubbed version of The First of the North Star that came out in the early '90's as japanimation started to take off is pretty terrible but I love the weird cadences of the English voice actors dealing with the unwieldy translations.

Also, everyone explodes or gets sliced into pieces. That's pretty cool.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

3 DONG HORSE posted:

do not sleep ever on an action movie that stars a famous musician as an important character

Why don't bands make full length movies any more? Two Beatles films, You Can't Stop the Music and Spice World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

hallo spacedog posted:

I agree completely - it ISN'T GOOD by any metric of the word good but it's very much its own batshit insane thing and I think that's amazing. I wish there were more films like that. Just giant weird sprawling insanity.

I just glanced at the synopsis on Wikipedia and saw it has Seann William Scott in it. I'm gonna have to watch it, I think.

No idea why, but I love Seann William Scott.