Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

Mechs are just robots that are so bad they need a pilot and all those wack mechs absolutely belong here.

How did the scorpion mount the other robot with all the legs on one side detached???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Here's some bad mech stuff for you, courtesy of Starfield:

(this space intentionally left blank)

That's right, you don't get to see 'em. They exist only in the lore. They were made illegal and all dismantled because Bethesda had to think of something for the Space Libertarians to have to give up so they could go "see, both sides bad!" about the war that happened before the game.

Because the Space Libertarians having slightly more mobile tanks is comparable to the Space Fascists releasing genetically engineered aliens as bioweapons on civilian populations :nallears:

And having entirely autonomous combat robots that can seemingly go "kill all humans" at a single bit flip is fine because... :shrug:

Icedude fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 25, 2024

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I expected Robo Wars to be a lesser Robot Jox, but I wasn't prepared for precisely how much worse it was and I wasn't prepared for how absurdly racist it was.

It was so heavy-handed with its decades out of date racist caricatures that the biggest impact the film had was sadly making the Next Generation Klingons make more sense.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Mar 26, 2024

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

the absolutely atrocious movie, Robot Wars...

Look, I haven't seen it since I was a kid as a rerun on TV a long time ago, and I vaguely remember the movie being pretty lame and slow so I only half watched it, but at least I think there was a mech fight scene at the end or something...

Captain Invictus posted:

...which is incorrectly often referred to as a sequel to Robot Jox

Oh yeah that's what I was thinking of, lol.

I'll admit this site got me looking at way too many mechs and related stuff for way too long.

lol, I love how confused and absolutely flustered everyone seems.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Jeez, I haven't thought of Robot Wars since high school. I have only the dimmest recollection of it, and even that only that it was legendary bad, a true star among our B movie nights.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
These robots seem kind of bad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXnL7sdElno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0NgUhEs1R4

I would not enjoy seeing them in person!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

TwoPair posted:

Mobile Fighter G Gundam is a show in the Gundam universe where different nations build gundams (themed around their nations) for a fighting competition which range from cool to borderline offensive to definitely offensive. Here's the best one and most fitting for this thread: Coming from Neo Holland, I give you the Nether Gundam:

You can't put "definitely offensive" and Gundam in the same sentence without this guy:

His name? Tequila Gundam

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

This is one of my favorite SNL skits. I just love the Rock's delivery.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If you're gonna go for ridiculous gundams, might as well go for the throat and post Zebra Gundam

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I kind of want to see what Canada Gundam would be (if they made one).

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Finger Prince posted:

I kind of want to see what Canada Gundam would be (if they made one).

It's a lumberjack with arm mounted detachable axes. Not really bad enough to qualify as "bad", not offensive enough to be "weird", imo. Shoulda featured more plaid and/or maple leaves.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I assume there was no Kim Il Sungdam and that's disappointing.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

TwoPair posted:

It's a lumberjack with arm mounted detachable axes. Not really bad enough to qualify as "bad", not offensive enough to be "weird", imo. Shoulda featured more plaid and/or maple leaves.

Its torso is also a bear's face, as a tribute to Canada's greatest novel.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Yeah, and moose antlers at least!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

This annoying dipshit from the classic MST3K episode of "Robot Holocaust"

Like C3P0 but worse. And made you realize C3P0 some how had redeeming qualities.