Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Gonz posted:

Happy 2024, everybody!

BRING BACK RAISED BY WOLVES.

I would shove my arm into a thousand holes for another season of Raised by Wolves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Gonz posted:

You and me both.

Praise Sol.

Jerusalem posted:

Everybody make this their New Year's Resolution, we can brute-force reality just this one time a year!

:hai:

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Speaking of BBC, how is the BBC Ghosts compared to the American version? I need something new to watch, and the American version doesn't return till next month.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

muscles like this! posted:

Diego Luna says that Andor s2 is almost done filming. It is kind of funny how that show went from something I thought was a dumb idea to being one of my most anticipated returning shows.

Andor and Severance are the biggest returns I'm looking forward to.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

shirunei posted:

Enjoyed the first season but had to turn off the first episode of this season. Don't even remember why exactly other than it just having a completely different vibe than I remembered from the first.

I did the same. I enjoyed season 1 but I didn't make it thru the first episode of season 2. I think the writers got a bit too high on their own potenuse.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Cojawfee posted:

What Reacher needs is an incredibly hot, but skeptical female crime solving partner in the mix. Then that way, whenever Reacher's not out busting heads, because he smells crime, he's back at wherever he has his toothbrush performing outrageous sexual experiments on her supple young body. And here's the twist, and there is a twist, we show it.

How long will that go on for?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
More like Cowboy Beflop, amirite?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Stegosnaurlax posted:

That seems like something clowns would do.

Phil Dunphy was right not to trust them.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Khanstant posted:

Road House and Die Hard are two movies I'll never ever see ...

MODS?!

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

feedmyleg posted:

Ooh, forgot about this. How did it turn out?

Some great suggestions here, folks. Started Deadloch but stopped a few episodes in for no particular reason. Should start that back up.

Was Mob City worth anyone's time?

Yes. Finish Deadloch. The one detective definitely mellows out after episode 3.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

muscles like this! posted:

Joe Manganiello's Dragonlance adaptation is dead due to the Hasbro sale. He says he even tried to just buy the franchise outright to continue the project but nothing doing.

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds! :mad:

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Speaking of Halo season 2, does it do a good job of recapping what happened in season 1?

I have some older family members who enjoyed season 1 but I doubt they remember what the hell happened at this point.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

swickles posted:

It does not. There isn't even a "previously on", it just goes as if you just finished the season moments before.

That seems a little short-sighted of them, considering season 1 ended almost two years ago.

Thanks for the info.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

SimonChris posted:

Season 2 of Tokyo Vice is way better than season 1 so far.

That's good to hear because I thought season one grew weaker as the season progressed.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Medullah posted:

I've been rewatching Breaking Bad for the first time in a few years and man, I still love the show but I'm starting to realize that I think Better Call Saul is a better show.

Does that make me an awful person?

Yes.

I thought Breaking Bad was great but I just couldn't get into Better Call Saul. I think it's because I can only handle Bob Odenkirk in small doses.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Watching Constellation on Apple TV. They should have called it Constipation because I'm not a fan of it.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that it's a bit basic.

The concept has promise but the dialogue feels like college writing.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

He is from Ohm-uh-haw

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
The dialogue on Constellation is seriously awful.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

EL BROMANCE posted:

The trailer of Elsbeth screamed CBS show. Definitely feels like you have to have prior investment in that character to consider watching it.

I've not familiar with the character or show but based on the title, I'm guessing it's about a country bumpkin in the big city?

The actress was great in True Blood.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

theflyingexecutive posted:

I will fight you on behalf of the honor of Patriot.

GreenNight posted:

One of the best shows of all time.

Speaking of cool, how is the second season of Tokyo Vice?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Is there a thread for Korean shows?

I recently watched a Korean workplace comedy called Gaus Electronics which was hilarious, and now I want more.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

The Finn posted:

There's this thread which is mainly for variety shows, but you'll get some answers

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3459105

I'll ask over there, thanks!

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Combat Pretzel posted:

Is The Rookie now a good TV show or not? I see that it has a fairly high score on IMDB, but whenever you browse for user reviews, you often read that Fillion's character an insufferable know-it-all that never learns his lesson through out all five seasons. Kinda a weird trait for the main character, if true.

I wouldn't call it good but I'd call it better than average. There are some fun characters on there. I've never been a die-hard fan of Fillion, and he isn't the best part of the show. The supporting cast is strong though.

I'd give it 4 or 5 episodes, you'll know if it's for you or not.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Started watching Three Body? Problem!

The introduction to the main characters is pretty drat dry. A race to see who can speak the most impressive physic terminology in a sentence, without really explaining anything.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

mistermojo posted:

Chuck is a real classic background tv show. love the nerd crew

I'd agree for the first few seasons, then the writing turned into the laziest affair ever.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Jerusalem posted:

Accept and then watch NOTHING but 24 hour looping seasons of Raised by Wolves.

Then, run outside and stick your arm into every hole you find.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Trying to get into Three Body? Problem! and the dialogue is awful. Paired with a lot of bad performances too.

The storyline is promising but I'm not sure I can push thru.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Just watched the first episode of Dark Winds season 2. Everything about it feels like a drop off from season 1. :smith:

The writing and acting are rough.