Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The first episode of Delicious in Dungeon has a lot of exposition but whatever I am down for a fun cooking dungeons and dragons anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Arist posted:

Lmao gently caress off, what a hilariously bad direction. Don't blame Stewart for chasing that bag, but they had Roy Wood Jr. right there and they just fumbled it back to an old host.

Yes but have you considered that Roy Wood is black and

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Yeah, i would love to make a playlist of like all the Christmas episodes of a bunch of shows to watch

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

BonoMan posted:

Is there a solid recap of Season 1 anywhere? I bounced HARD off ep 1 of the first season. Really felt kinda cringey. But I'm interested in a retooled version. (I just dont' want to have to force myself to watch season 1)

They didn't finish the fight

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
That loving guitar riff rules so hard and is probably 70% of why I enjoyed the show back in the mid 90s.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
peacork

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
How do you feel about rotoscoping because Undone on amazon is amazing and deals with many adult issues.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Glad to hear the Avatar adaption is 'good to ok' sounds like. Sucks that the original creators can't catch a break on staying attached to their property,

They're co-chief creative officers of Avatar Studios, which was started in 2021 by Paramount Global to produce Avatar content, so they are doing alright.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

thrawn527 posted:

They didn't even have to be that clever about it. If any kids started getting ahead on the final run, they could just have a temple guard jump out and capture them at any time. It was completely rigged right out in the open.

There's only three temple guards and if the kids get both safety medallions in the first part of the show they can't lose that way, it would only be a time issue. I've watched waaaayyyy too much legends of the hidden temple as a child, also wild and crazy kids, which I would have killed someone to be on.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Feb 28, 2024

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

thrawn527 posted:

Sure, but if I remember correctly, those safety medallions are hard to get (at least, I remember most teams didn't win both of them). And with 3 guards, and only 2 kids, even with both medallions, you could still lose one kid and be scrambling. Sure, it was still possible to win, but you'd have to run the table, so to speak.

The team had to sweep in the challenges segment of the show, which was pretty possible to do if they were coordinated and paid attention during the Olmec story segment. I say this as a porky child of the 80s watching the show in the afternoon after getting home from school so I'm sure it was more of a challenge than it seemed as a viewer but it happened often enough.

These strategies also followed over into the reboot from a few years back with adults doing it, which was pretty funny watching some people completely biff it on the physical challenges.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

HATEPOSTING posted:

Done with childrens hospital, medical police, burning love, newsreaders and ntsf sd suv. what do I watch now?

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

e: Toast of London too, but that might be harder/more expensive to find at the moment

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 6, 2024

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I made a Fallout thread so I have a place to read about the show when it comes out next month:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4056094

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Marvel sez: Hold DeMayo!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

giving me big 'list of people who support polanski' vibes

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
topical humor doesn't always hold up, so it's probably best avoided, but the tugg romney epsiode is from 2013.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

PriorMarcus posted:

Didn't one of the leads also kill themselves recently meaning they are loosing a popular character AND the showrunner has had some rumblings of being abusive?

If you consider an od as killing themselves then yes.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
My inlaws are 60+ and unlike me have horrible tastes in TV shows and watch poo poo like two and half men and everybody loves raymond reruns all the time. I know why this crap was popular (boomers have poo poo tastes) but being exposed to it is causing me real pain.

It's the same plots over and over, same mean misogynistic jokes over and over, horrible characters that don't grow or change, just be mean and horrible to each other over and over.

Chuck Lorre and Phil Rosenthal deserve the death penalty.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Nothing makes back the blue idiots go crazy like mild criticism of guns

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Been rewatching Scrubs for the first time since probably the last season aired and while it has it's fair share of problems (way too many "ur gay" jokes, too much shaming of Elliot for various reasons, but it was the early 2000s) but it still hits pretty hard in some places. It's funny how memory works because I remember some episodes as being much earlier than they actually were, like the one where Kelso decides to help a wealthy donor instead of some poor person so they can use the donation money to fund mobile services for pregnant women. I would have bet you anything that's a season 3 episode but it's season 5. It's also unfortunately got a black face gag (JD imagines Elliot as Turk) but they just edit the scene instead of pulling the episode, which is good because it's overall great and does some heavy character work for Dr. Kelso.

I remember live watching and posting here for seasons 3-7, makes me feel extra old.

I kinda watch to check out Cougar Town since I've seen everything else Bill Lawrence had done and enjoyed it all.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Bright Bart posted:

Yeah I got meant Cox you're right. I knew who I was thinking of I just got the name wrong.

Did they specify how old Dorian is? For some inane reason I looked up how old the actor was and he'd have been 25 when the show first aired. That's really tight but you can be a first year resident (intern) at that age. (If you skip a grade or two and/or get into a guaranteed acceptance program that only requires a 3 year bachelor's.)

There is a season 5 episode where JD turns 30, so yeah he's 25 in season 1.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

zoux posted:

Did they drop the whole series or just the first episode?

All 8 episodes are streaming... NOW!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
The 30 for 30 doc that is just news footage from the day of the bronco chase is really good, it's called June 17th, 1994.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

X-O posted:

Apparently the way it works now is that you get a little wristwatch device that you wear while watching any kind of media and there are embedded audio signals that humans can't hear but the watches pick up. Guess that beats writing stuff down like they did years ago.

We've been monitoring our Nielsen families carefully and during the 12 seconds Bender was onscreen viewer eyeball focus was up 90%.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
hrmm i think a little series called star wars would disagree with that

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Shows should be as long or as short as the production thinks is necessary. Same goes for season length, if they think 5 episodes is enough cool but if they think 13 is more appropriate, then also cool.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Been watching through American Crime Story since oj bit it, on season 3. I can't believe people complained about the makeup, it's what these people look/looked like. It's a lot better than John Goodman playing Linda Tripp.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
art imitates life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Accept that you will die with shows and movies unwatched, games unplayed, books unread, music unlistened to, places unvisited, experiences unhad. Treasure the experiences you do have. Embrace infinity.