Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

abelwingnut posted:

i do wonder if we get an official report of belichick's leaving/retirement in the next few days. his exit seems mutual, so i don't see why he'd object. the patriots could sell it as his farewell game, and god knows he's deserved it. would be courteous and the best way to handle this imo. hell, have tom come and make a thing of it. it's not like the fans have had anything to cheer for this season, so at least pay them lip service.

I mean, he's going to go out doing what he loves most: sucking what little remaining joy there is out of Jets fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

abelwingnut posted:

i do wonder if we get an official report of belichick's leaving/retirement in the next few days. his exit seems mutual, so i don't see why he'd object. the patriots could sell it as his farewell game, and god knows he's deserved it. would be courteous and the best way to handle this imo. hell, have tom come and make a thing of it. it's not like the fans have had anything to cheer for this season, so at least pay them lip service.

I don't think it's mutual. Doubt he wants to be fired.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I don't think it's mutual. Doubt he wants to be fired.

I think he wants one last chance of winning and it's likelier to come from being on a team with, for example, Herbert, than being on this team with whoever he'd draft and botch in a few months or sticking with failure Mac

But I also don't think the official report/Pats hyping it up happens in advance, if only because the last thing he'd want is the Jets having extra motivation to finally beat him on the way out, by actually knowing it's on his way out

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The real comedy plot twist will be the Patriots having a better record than whatever Bill's new team will end up being.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Waltzing Along posted:

It looks like the Bills clinch the #2 seed with a win next week. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they are going to the super bowl this year.

How much will tickets be for the entire team?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Can someone update me on the Pats playoff path??

It starts on TicketMaster, then they have to conquer Kayak or Travelocity, and finally they have to arrange transportation to the games. That is how the Patriots can go to the playoffs (as spectators).

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

How much will tickets be for the entire team?
Blammo

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/callmehuie/status/1741548444118905335

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It feels nice not having to go to work on a monday. This needs to happen more often. I am guessing Purdy will play for a few snaps and then its the Sam Darnold experience with 2nd stringers.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1741870063597043742?t=NaCODYfKyP4EraCEvbGV_A&s=19

I think Pickett is done done

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

They killed Kenny

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ravens backups lose Sunday and the Steelers will sign Mason Rudolph to a multi year 40 million dollar deal. Love the modern Steelers.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

3 AFCN teams make it including Mason Rudolph's Steelers and Joe Flacco's Browns

two 8-9 NFC teams make it, including the Vikes on their 4th QB and the Arthur Smith Falcons

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

pmchem posted:

3 AFCN teams make it including Mason Rudolph's Steelers and Joe Flacco's Browns

two 8-9 NFC teams make it, including the Vikes on their 4th QB and the Arthur Smith Falcons

3 AFCN, 3 NFCW, all is right and good in the NFL.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Man, if the Bills lose this week they play @Miami again for round 1 of the playoffs if they get in at all.

I really want to see the road teams sweep in the AFC, partly because it would be cool, but also selfishly because then the Browns get a home playoff game in round 2.

What teams make that most likely as WC? Browns, Dolphins, Texans?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I hope the Browns lose to the Texans in the first round.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

if the dolphins get the steelers in the playoffs then i hope they beat the bills but if they get the bills again then i hope they lose and go to kansas city

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

MJeff posted:

I hope the Browns lose to the Texans in the first round.

I just want my Texans to have a better draft pick than our natural pick held by Arizona.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

wilderthanmild posted:

Man, if the Bills lose this week they play @Miami again for round 1 of the playoffs if they get in at all.

I really want to see the road teams sweep in the AFC, partly because it would be cool, but also selfishly because then the Browns get a home playoff game in round 2.

Probably. I think the best outcome for Baltimore would be Jags or Colts somehow in the divisional round. Texans might also be an easier win just due to their injuries, but Stroud is scary as hell.

Really pulling for a Browns/Ravens AFC Championship game. My lord the narratives.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I probably would have felt a little sorry for him if he didn't start the year with this nationalistic bullshit. But instead it was LOL aarod.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

wilderthanmild posted:

i think if the Steelers beat the Ravens, then the only chance for the Bills to get into the playoffs is by beating Miami. that game would be for the #2 seed or for nothing

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

epic bacon posted:

i think if the Steelers beat the Ravens, then the only chance for the Bills to get into the playoffs is by beating Miami. that game would be for the #2 seed or for nothing

A truly snake bitten situation for both franchises.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
The fluctuations in play for seeding is nuts. I think every 2-7 seed is undecided in both conferences, right? Feels like in recent years way more has been locked in by now.

Does anyone have one of those giant effort post W/L decision tree tables to show how the seeding would shake out?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

elime anning posted:

The fluctuations in play for seeding is nuts. I think every 2-7 seed is undecided in both conferences, right? Feels like in recent years way more has been locked in by now.

Does anyone have one of those giant effort post W/L decision tree tables to show how the seeding would shake out?

Browns and Chiefs have clinched #5 and #3 seeds in the AFC and cannot end any higher or lower. So 1, 3, and 5 are all locked up.

Edit: FWIW The rest of the AFC picture is more chaotic. The Dolphins and Bills are both in contention for the AFCE crown. The Jags, Colts, and Texans can all win the AFCS. The Steelers are somehow still around and likely going to play against the Raven's backups. Except for the Steelers, any of those teams can still win their division. Except for the Dolphins, any of those teams can also miss the playoffs entirely. All of the relevant games are competitive.

wilderthanmild fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 1, 2024

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

epic bacon posted:

If the Titans beat the Jags, that'd also clinch a playoff spot for Buffalo regardless of Sunday night's outcome.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

fsif posted:

If the Titans beat the Jags, that'd also clinch a playoff spot for Buffalo regardless of Sunday night's outcome.

yeah it's:

win - 2 seed
lose but PIT loss and JAX loss - 6 seed
lose but PIT win and JAX loss - 7 seed
lose but PIT loss and JAX win - 7 seed
lose but PIT win and JAX win - out

e: this isn't THAT unreasonable if they sit Hall lol

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 2, 2024

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Okay, so Damar Hamlin has basically not played this year, so he really can't get CPOTY.

.... it's gotta be Joe Flacco right?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Kalli posted:

Okay, so Damar Hamlin has basically not played this year, so he really can't get CPOTY.

Purdy had the best season of anyone coming off a season-ending injury

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Kalli posted:

You could make a case for Stafford.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Baker Mayfield

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Tua almost retired last year he got concussed so hard

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

I'd say Baker would be in the conversation until that performance on Sunday. He reset basically all his passing records this year.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

wandler20 posted:

I'd say Baker would be in the conversation until that performance on Sunday. He reset basically all his passing records this year.

What did he come back from? He was never good before. He just finally did something this year. Sort of.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

What did he come back from? He was never good before. He just finally did something this year. Sort of.

i mean, Geno Smith won last year lol

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Came back from being rear end

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Alaois posted:

i mean, Geno Smith won last year lol

They call it the comeback player of the year because after you win it you do a 360 and come back to being mid

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

David Montgomery would be a good sneaky choice for that award.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

shyduck posted:

Came back from being rear end

Yeah people have won the award because of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Winning the award because you came back from being rear end makes way more sense than getting it for not getting hurt 2 years in a row