Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I may be biased but I feel like coming back from the dead should be an instant win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Alaois posted:

i mean, Geno Smith won last year lol

His career was way more of a joke than Mayfield.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
when you think about it our veterans are the ultimate dudes who come back

Nov 6, 2002

Maybe it's just me but I feel like if the military put a team together they could definitely win CPOTY.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Does CPOTY actually have criteria outside of injury/performance other than being active roster? If Hamlin has played a game he's likely eligible

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I don’t think there are any hard reqs for the award. And Hamlin played pretty regularly on special teams so he qualifies for certain.

It’s a tossup as to whether coming back from the dead is more or less impressive than coming back from 3rd string Jets QB though.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Raku posted:

when you think about it our veterans are the ultimate dudes who come back

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

in football terms, there's no difference between coming back from the couch and coming back from the dead. you weren't playing football, then you were. if you look at it like that, flacco.

but i can guarantee you 98% of voters are not looking at it purely in terms of football. there's the human element, and that undoubtedly favors hamlin.

think it has to go to hamlin given he was literally killed on live tv, then returned less than a year later. performance won't matter.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Nervous posted:

How many generations is it going to take for the Rivers family to be a substantial percentage of players/coaches, if they're all as energetic as their dad about it?

Assuming Rivers population growth at 1000% per generation and each Rivers producing at least one NFL caliber player, it will take four generations for 1,000 of the NFL's 1,696 roster spots to be taken by Riverses.

By generation 9, the Rivers population will exceed the American population.

Nov 6, 2002

Flacco was on the Jets last year, a fate worse than death.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Flacco came back from the dead imo

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i think baker should win comeback player because he plays on the team i like and it's cool when people on my team win stuff

Barudak
May 7, 2007

biceps crimes posted:

Flacco came back from the dead imo

Joe Flacco is comeback player of his career and he won a goddamn super bowl.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Lions as a team will win it, sorry folks

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The Lions as a team will win it, eat poo poo folks

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Sono posted:

Assuming Rivers population growth at 1000% per generation and each Rivers producing at least one NFL caliber player, it will take four generations for 1,000 of the NFL's 1,696 roster spots to be taken by Riverses.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Sono posted:

By generation 22 they will have consumed over 33% of the Earth's mass. There will just be a mass of Riverses wrapped around the core remnant of the Earth. A dark future, but one filled with competent, but not quite elite QB play.

Edit: Fixed math a little

wilderthanmild fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jan 2, 2024

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Did the Steelers QB really quit or is that Twitter nonsense?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rudolf or the other guy?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Rudolf or the other guy?

The other guy. He was benched and said gently caress you I won’t dress. Allegedly.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

davecrazy posted:

The other guy. He was benched and said gently caress you I won’t dress. Allegedly.

Looks like Mark Madden is the one pushing the story, so...

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

wilderthanmild posted:

By generation 22 they will have consumed over 33% of the Earth's mass. There will just be a mass of Riverses wrapped around the core remnant of the Earth. A dark future, but one filled with competent, but not quite elite QB play.

Edit: Fixed math a little

By generation 29, they'll have reached the critical mass to collapse into a black hole, which is incapable of throwing a football or, literally, anything.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sono posted:

By generation 29, they'll have reached the critical mass to collapse into a black hole, which is incapable of throwing a football or, literally, anything.

Finally, the end of the forward pass.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
One of Phillip Rivers' grandkids will be a free safety or a defensive end out of pure spite to the family name.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

One of Phillip Rivers' grandkids will be a free safety or a defensive end out of pure spite to the family name.

Ah yes, Felipe Rio

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Solid vs. Liquid Rivers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Charts! look at how the Pats and Jets are a mirror of each other. Steelers can also be in the club.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
I wonder what the percentages just from the Flacco weeks would be. Probably still a high three and out, but also a way higher TD percentage I bet.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
lol the eagles being near the very top and very bottom of those charts, respectively

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!
I'm a little surprised that the Lions are closer to being average defense-wise than they are to being the worst.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Chiefs vibes are way worse than #8 and #8 too, gently caress they’re gonna win the super bowl

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Having a good offense puts the opponent in a negative game script and helps your defense.

This is how I've thought about pretty much every Chiefs defense in the Mahomes era - the defense is okay but the offense puts incredible pressure on the opponent and it allows their defense to be opportunistic. (Obviously this year the defense is just straight up good)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
It will be funny* if the Chiefs defense is what carries the team to the Super Bowl.

*incredibly frustrating

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

How the gently caress are the saints in the top half offensively.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

really queer Christmas posted:

Carr and Olave finally figured out how to work together apparently.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

A lot of offenses are really struggling with the random schmucks taking snaps?

Carr's also been quietly good for the last month or so

Nov 6, 2002

Karama and a super charmin soft schedule.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The best thing for the Chiefs is all the playoff games are away games

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
They are the 3 seed. They play at home Wildcard weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

They are the 3 seed. They play at home Wildcard weekend.

oh.