Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Kingo Ligma posted:

Lucy Lawless
Red dress lady in red dress
Baltar as a whole
Fat Adama

Any one of those is worth the price of entry

And the Adama Maneuver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Presto posted:

And the Adama Maneuver.

I think that was the last time I really had my mind loving blown by something I watched on TV.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

one of my favorite little moments in re:view is one of the tng chats, where rich calls the first episode "farscape station" and it cuts to an extreme crop of mike's face briefly looking to the side as he makes a quick mental note to get rich's rear end a minute later

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the extent of my farscape knowledge is that I learned it existed in that moment

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Farscape is cool cuz it’s got a gimp man with glowsticks in his head, a couple Jim Hensons, a slut, and a pop culture man. The ultimate team up.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

As a kid I thought farscape was also star trek. Lexx was not star trek though

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Fat Adama was so loving funny

Ensign Cally was fun but apparently she's in a weird sex cult now

also the boxing episode where Eddie Olmos gets hit twice and bleeds buckets of blood

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

RealityWarCriminal posted:

also the boxing episode where Eddie Olmos gets hit twice and bleeds buckets of blood

The boxing episode has an 80 minute extended cut which is ridiculous.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Is farscape worth watching? That's the one I always forget exists

Yes, but it's from the end of the syndication era, so seasons are 22 episodes and can feel like they're dragging on with filler.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Kingo Ligma posted:

The problem with trek now is that they keep filling the Voyager role but forgetting to sneak in a DS9.

You do sort of have that dynamic with Picard & Discovery vs. Strange New Worlds & Lower Decks. Though I haven't seen enough of SNW yet to know for sure.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I never watched battlestar galactica but the board game was cool
unless the cylon players reveal themselves as soon as possible, completely ruining the whole fun of the traitor mechanic and spending the entire game conducting a war of attrition using super crisis cards on caprica, Randy. 😠

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Pvt.Scott posted:

Battlestar Galactica did the Lost mystery box horseshit? My roommate has been trying to get me to watch BSG for a little while, and now my desire to view it could not be lower. Is there enough good tv contained in the show to make up for :iiam:?

It’s even worse in some ways, because the first two seasons have a very tight plot and the few mystery boxes they set up seem to have fairly simple answers that you can already see the outline of. Then in the third season it just completely throws away whatever backstory it was working on, and goes completely off the rails with endless compounding mystery boxes with gobbledygook dues ex machina answers; literally the writers just bring God down from the rafters whenever the plot gets stuck in a corner.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Say the line Stilgar!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUJuyUIKO3c

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Gutcruncher posted:

Farscape is cool cuz it’s got a gimp man with glowsticks in his head, a couple Jim Hensons, a slut, and a pop culture man. The ultimate team up.

Ah, the meet the feebles approach (except that's all one character).

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Farscape failed because it did not convince everybody sci-fi -and tv and movies in general- needs more muppets.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Failure of society.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
The only thing I really know about BSG is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW2_2ihIuzI

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Arc Hammer posted:

The boxing episode has an 80 minute extended cut which is ridiculous.

I found it funny Apollo and Starbuck fuckboxed for literal hours before everyone else, including their clearly-perturbed spouses, got bored and left.

Cubone posted:

I never watched battlestar galactica but the board game was cool
unless the cylon players reveal themselves as soon as possible, completely ruining the whole fun of the traitor mechanic and spending the entire game conducting a war of attrition using super crisis cards on caprica, Randy. 😠

The board game loving owns, BSG was worth making just for that.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

BSG is worth it for the Bear McCreary soundrack in general and the song Prelude to War specifically, and the entire episode it's from. Ensign Ro rides hard.

"I'm getting my men."

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Apr 16, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Squiggle posted:

BSG is worth it for the Bear McCreary soundrack in general and the song Prelude to War specifically, and the entire episode it's from. Ensign Ro rides hard.

"I'm getting my men."

After ditching the Federation for the Maquis and selling out Black Mesa East to the Combine it's no wonder Ensign Ro would go on to be the biggest rear end in a top hat in space this side of the Cylons.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i remember rich evans saying positive things about V

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Arc Hammer posted:

selling out Black Mesa East to the Combine

:tviv:

20 loving years and I never notice that was Michelle Forbes.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Is farscape worth watching? That's the one I always forget exists

YES!

Has the best ever written bad guy imo, even though he looks like a space nazi gimp with a scrotum face.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

happyhippy posted:

YES!

Has the best ever written bad guy imo, even though he looks like a space nazi gimp with a scrotum face.

Don't sign my posts

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/sw_holocron/status/1780326425985245505?t=Q5yv7T9Z_mIGJs1Z2P5UDQ&s=19

If your bar for "best lightsaber fight ever" is set at Phantom Menace then I think that tells me exactly what your priorities are.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
literally the only thing i can remember from that fight is ginny rum dying and them spending part of the fight just sitting on the floor

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
the main things i remember from that fight are padme and company grappling hooking up the palace, anakin trying spinning, and jar jar hitting his balls on the tank turret

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the grappling guns were cool, the three parts of the ending sequence that weren't the lightsaber fight were actually memorable lol

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

*tries so hard to fart that I poo poo my pants*

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

Hey man some of us don't even have to try so lay off the bragging.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

lol

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

farscape rules. love that show

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Is it really a lightsaber fight if no one is even trying to hit each other. More like some kind've lightsaber ballet that makes me sleepy.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Flubby posted:

Is it really a lightsaber fight if no one is even trying to hit each other. More like some kind've lightsaber ballet that makes me sleepy.

Yeah, that actual fight isn't that good. It did have some great bloody music though. Only good thing about the prequels.

Well that and the palatine actors performance. The Sith won as they had the only interesting character, and deserved to do so. :colbert:

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Seeing a quote like that, you have to realize it's from someone who wasn't even born when all the prequels came out.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Flubby posted:

They're just following the lightsaber safety guidelines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

kalel posted:

what's the difference between a jj abrams mystery box and something like twin peaks? how did lynch succeed where so many of his imitators failed

quality

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/sw_holocron/status/1780326425985245505?t=Q5yv7T9Z_mIGJs1Z2P5UDQ&s=19

If your bar for "best lightsaber fight ever" is set at Phantom Menace then I think that tells me exactly what your priorities are.

1: the most iconic? Really?
2: it caused me physical pain seeing the term “Star Wars cinematic universe” I can’t wait for that poo poo to finally go away

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The best lightsaber fight is either in cloud city or the throne room, all that poo poo in the prequels is boring as gently caress. There's such a thing as too much choreography

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Lister posted:

Seeing a quote like that, you have to realize it's from someone who wasn't even born when all the prequels came out.

lol, a lot of the younger generation seem to like it more than people who saw it at the time. I'll give them, at least sometimes they can be entertainingly bad.