Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Movies gave me AIDS :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

hard counter posted:

my new year's resolution is to get a hot sexy body like the mastodon men

:hmmyes:

Gonna eat a lot of CHEESE and NACHOS and ICE CREAM to get BIG and STRONG.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

X JAKK posted:

Lets make this the year XJAKK finally guest spots on a BOTW, i can afford the plane ticket

No.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I thought they released a Kraven The Hunter trailer before the Madame Web trailer... why is it coming out six months after Madame Web?

Whatever, never mind, I don't care.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Rageaholic posted:

Just watched Naked Lunch and uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :psyboom:

The book is even less coherent.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I watched Difficult People from Junka a few months ago. Not really as good as they made it out to be. They must’ve just had weirdly calibrated tolerances considering all the utter garbage they watch.

Skip!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I got an HIV test and it came back Disney+

I sure hope it doesn’t become full-blown AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSS!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Every streaming service is licensing their content to some other streaming service to generate some revenue to make up for the fact that they’re all massively in debt. :lol:

Check FUBO for your missing content. It’s ostensibly meant for international sports, but since they charge something insane like $70/month, they’re also nabbing every one else’s content. (There’s definitely some kind of money laundering or finance scam going on.)

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

redshirt posted:

Damnit just got spoiled from a commercial for the new movie, The Beekeeper.

Oh no, does he keep bees? :ohdear:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

redshirt posted:

They all die, that's what sets him off. Some idiot gangster destroys his hive.

but... they're bees. They can fly away. :confused:

:wtf:

:dafuq:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Last year we had M3GAN. What’s this year’s M3GAN, Spoopy Pool?!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Just remember, The Last Jedi stole its climatic boss fight from Escape From L.A. :hurr:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The Boy 3: The Boy and The Heron

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

yeah dude check out my great big boner!

This is WAY better than Super Mario Brothers!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:nice:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Yup, that’s a pathological liar right there.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Mega Comrade posted:

Three body problem is one of those books I just don't see making a good TV show.

It wasn't even that good of a book.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Arc Hammer posted:

Hey who would have thought that streaming services operated at a loss and would result in layoffs?

As Disney pushes toward streaming profitability, Pixar to undergo layoffs in 2024

Streaming service burning through billions of dollars per quarter? That's okay, just offset it by laying off in other parts of the business! :fart: :fuckoff:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I watched all of Masters of Horror at the time, including ordering the Takashi Miike episode on DVD since Showtime wouldn’t air it, and it’s mostly bad. Much of it is forgettable, Cigarette Burns sticks out for being really good (though still derivative of Polanski’s The Ninth Gate starring Johnny Depp :yikeseroo:), and then poo poo like Pelts and Dream Cruise stick out for being really, really bad.

I also remember thinking Showtime refused to air Imprint (the Takashi Miike episode) not due to anything extreme, but because it was just bad and not very well edited. I bought that DVD expecting something crazy and it was more of a mess.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Crescent Wrench posted:

I think the existence of two seasons of Masters of Horror disproves Showtime would ever withhold anything for being bad and poorly edited.

Fair.

Also just :lol: that after Showtime pulled the plug on Masters of Horror, NBC basically revived it as Fear Itself for broadcast TV. I watched the one Eater episode and nothing else. And people say that was the best one.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

dreezy posted:

ichi the killer is good wholesome fun

Saw it in college at the student union theater without having any idea what it was or who Takashi Miike was. It was great.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

kalel posted:

having never seen any miike, I bought a ticket to a screening of his "audition" (1999) next week

All I’ll say is that one’s a slow burn. Stay to the end!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

joylessdivision posted:

It was on Showtime in the 00's, so really horny was just the style at the time. That was basically the selling point of the movie channel original TV programs: "Look we can have nudity and swearing and gore".

They had a show called Red Shoe Diaries which was just an excuse to have famous actresses on the downside of their career do softcore. I specifically remember watching an episode because Ally Sheedy was in it. She played a woman who liked to wear wigs while having sex with her husband. She did not do any nudity. The plot of the ep had to do with their maid wearing her wigs and the husband mistaking her for Ally Sheedy and accidentally banging the wrong lady. The 90s were pretty hosed up.

David Duchovny was the Red Shoe Diaries equivalent of the crypt keeper. Except he was a sad guy who read people’s letters at the beginning and end of every episode, not a cackling corpse who made puns.

:thunk:

I think having the actual crypt keeper doing the Red Shoe intros/outros would’ve been an improvement.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Ghosts Can’t Do It starring Bo Derek and featuring future president Donald Trump :fart::sad:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Remember Silk Stalkings on USA? I never actually watched it, but the commercials made it seem like the horniest show on TV.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

FishBowlRobot posted:

Yeah we may not like it, but the peak of softcore is…. Julie Strain

:hmmyes:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Hackers film 1995 posted:

personally i treasure the brain more than any physical features :smug:

*receives hollywood producers award for bravery*

*is arrested for some real Jeffrey Dahmer poo poo involving “brain loving”*

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

If Led Zeppelin sues for unauthorized use of Stairway, they should just say it’s “Taurus” by Spirit.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Just started Fargo S5. So Fargo has actual no-poo poo witch guys now? :confused:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Glenn Danzig is so loving dumb it's hilarious.

I used to think he was so cool when I was 12. I grew out of it, but he never changed. :laffo:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Kingo Ligma posted:

Jay's re edit is really really bad lol

While it wasn’t good, it was the first time I realized there were two different vampires chowing down on two different prostitutes. In the OG edit, I thought it was all Fred Armisan (didn’t notice one had a hat and the other didn’t).

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I imagine "hacking" Danzig is just trying variations of "demonsweat," "lucifuge," and "666," until you find the right order.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Gutcruncher posted:

It’s stupid, but so is Glenn Danzig

Rod Hoofhearted fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jan 20, 2024

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

PostNouveau posted:

Just cancel it at this point. Surely no one is still watching this after a whole year of rotating hosts

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1748451060283297829

Who even watches Comedy Central anymore? It’s nothing but reruns of old shows like The Office and really bad movies. Let it die!

They resurrected the old @midnight show with Chris Hardwick as @fter Midnight with a different host on CBS following Colbert. The state of TV is so dire that what used to be a lovely late night basic cable show is now good enough for network TV. Just flush the whole thing! :george:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

PostNouveau posted:

Oh did they? I always thought it was strange how quickly @midnight came and went. It seemed to be decently popular considering its time slot and being on cable, but just zapped out of existence all of a sudden.

That may have coincided with Chris Hardwick being canceled for being such an extremely poo poo boyfriend to former goon Chloe “Skydart” Dykstra and trying to use his industry connections to get her blacklisted from working ever again after they broke up. The dude went from being on dozens of tv shows across different networks and on commercials and poo poo to nothing pretty much overnight.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Vim Fuego posted:

Who is the rear end in a top hat producer?

No one famous, no one whose name anyone would know. That’s why it was so funny when they went through a bunch of celebrity hosts only to land on some smarmy Joe Schmoe that no one ever heard of, and who just so happened to be an executive producer of the show.

Luckily, like all narcissists, it turned out he had a podcast, and sure enough he said some lovely things about women on it, so he was host for a week, got canceled, and then lost both of his jobs as host and executive producer on Jeopardy. :hurr:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Finished Fargo S5. Overall... yeah it's good, but I just don't know what to make of the sin eater stuff. Having a literal 500 year old dude seems a bit off, but it was also a great character that created many great moments throughout the season. It's a good idea, just seems so weird and out of place in the setting. :shrug:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

mysterious frankie posted:

I mean... didn't season two have a UFO battle?

Oh yeah… that whole thing. It just kind of happened and then went away, whereas Munch seems like a more central thing the story hinges on. Like, you can drop the UFO poo poo from S2 and it wouldn’t really matter, you can’t do that with Munch in S5, he matters a whole lot.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Rinkles posted:

I can’t handle unflinching depictions of sadistic torture.

But sir! You are in the Jay’s Cummies thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I would think having Kevin Spacey at your convention would be a major liability issue for the convention.