Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Disney sponsorships are the only way some of us can afford accounts and avatars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You are born with the moral right to access all art that can be freely replicated. It's the first article in the secret bill of rights

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cubone posted:

from the people who brought you "this man made a shoe" and "guy who made hot chip..." comes "but who pastry"

weirdly, this one isn't even pretending to be The True Story of Pop-Tarts, it's an adaptation of a joke from former comedian jerry 'child-dater' seinfeld's old stand-up act that he's been hyper-fixated on for like 13 years. not kidding

Good Lord, he puts so much of his version of effort into such lazy and bad jokes. I feel like he missed his true calling working at a small town ad agency.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I doubt they even remember. I would assume they did a Google image search and found that one somewhere and used it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Cold forging is actually useful though. More of a "strike while the iron is rust"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What even was y'all's problem. Dude posted a couple of weird videos, mere mention of one not being made sends a bunch of goobers into a rage, and now a hall monitor has to step in because yall can't handle 2 weird videos in 152 page thread often about watching weird videos?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I hope the Batman kills the joker but dies in the process and the whole movie doubles as a promise to not make any Batman related media for 30 years.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Stop calling these people by their birth names you have no grounds to make rejoinder with their naval legal persons name. they have channel names and usernames for a reason.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If you actually watch RLM videos you're a sheeple, maybe try inventing your own movie opinions for once.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

Also Jenny is fine. Take her or leave her, sure, but I still think it's hilarious that 15 years after youtube started, goons still get all hot and bothered by the bog standard quick cut style of youtube videos that have been around now longer than most youtubers have been alive, and they absolutely have to mention how shocked they are to see such a thing each and every time Jenny gets brought up.

Ohhh that's what they mean. Lol that's like getting mad at vertical video now.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I remember that video of the dude dancing with the Wii motes but I thought it was from one of the RLM videogame reviews with the glasses guy.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Yeah right. I watched Willy Wonka 3 on some kind of camrip with Maylasian gambling ads occasionally interjected or watermarked on screen and it didn't have the last half hour or so. It was great, reminded me of watching that Episode 7 in a Mexican camrip with a rowdy crowd. These days they don't last long. Camrips get replaced with proper tips sometimes before release, kind of a bummer.

Watching Dune p2 on a camrip.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
That reads like a showrunners coming in to take over the show and tie everything up into a neat, easily digestible happy ending where all conflicts are just solved through some convenient magical collected consciousness nonsense.

It reminds of the Discovery season where the big bad problem was caused because of a sad crying baby and bad management.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I watched a bit of Naruto when I was a kid, but it didn’t really grab me. So I have no real appreciation for it or emotional connection, so a bad adaptation wouldn’t bother me.

I watched a bunch of it back in the day. It's basically DBZ but they are wizard ninjas instead of magic WWF guys. Probably same amount of emotional depth in both.

I really don't think there's too much they can go wrong with even if they tried. Rock Lee is a guy who only does hardcore punch fighting without the typical wizard magic stuff, if they made him a wizard who used a gun it still probably wouldn't gently caress anything up in a way people are gonna gripe about it like with Avatar or Cowboy Bebop.

It's just earnest fighting action, less sacred cows to worry about slaughtering in the process.

The casting will be terrible though, I don't think some of these characters will translate so well. Naruto himself having Guy Fieri/fake crazy visor hair seems like a weird hill to get over.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Paladinus posted:

They are remaking The Room with Bob Odenkirk, lmao.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Room_Returns!

How many The Rooms are we at now, 4 or 5? I know I've seen the original and the James Franco one but I have zero memory of the latter.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

poisonpill posted:

Her talent is making me laugh with million increasingly absurd statements

I love more with each of these Dali-esque interviews, way more than people who try to humor their hosts. Her dgaf levels are off the charts

I don't think that is dgaf energy at all. The limes thing in particular is a meta joke for that channel, these people are pretty excited to be in these and can use them to sell their properties for ludicrous prices. It's essentially a real estate channel with celebs going one open house for the cameras. I think there's one celeb who had been on multiple times with different homes, selling them between videos.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gripweed posted:

That could have been so cool :(

You gotta hand it to them though, I've never seen any show so masterfully thread the needle by aligning thousands of needles onto one string like a Janitor's keyring of infinite needles they use to jab viewers eyes into a pulp. Every character, every plot beat, every line of writing, every episode filmed without anything having been written, just an absolutely thorough dedication to making the worst possible media for each frame of every episode. And to rope in so many talented people and get them to give their absolute career worst performances, what a feat.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Do you like your folks? If not, set them on the Yellowstone path.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Castor Poe posted:

So, one of the Youtube movie critics parodied on Nerd Crew refuses to review Madame Web because he's a "positive guy" and saying negative things about a piece of poo poo garbage movie directed by a WOMAN featuring WOMEN is just toxic behavior and wrong.

On the other hand it's very boring when something everyone knows is terrible comes out and every person whose bread n butter is making background noise videos take their turns dumping on it, nothing new or interesting to add, just having permission to dump on something and taking their whack at the already busted pinata.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
New Hope is the only good Star Wars. Every sequel and prequel since it was a naked attempt to cash in on the original whole peeling its skin off to stuff with bullshit. It was clearly a standalone movie, it didn't need any followup and any follow-up could only dilute what was once good stuff. Starting off with a horseshit retcon somehow sold as a great twist really set the tone for everything else to come.

If they had left Star Wars alone we would've had one really incredible fantasy space opera fable that would inspire countless others to explore other ideas and imaginations. Star Wars discussions wouldn't stain conversations finding different ways to describe how star wars sucks and what scrappy nuggets of corn they picked out of the pile to keep them going.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They should let you stand and pace in theatres. If you just sit there in the dark you'll obviously immediately fall asleep and it's a waste of money because you can sleep better at home.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
For real tho popcorn and soda are garbage together.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

you should leave the theater, go home, and put them in a pot

They gave us all those metal straws during lockdown specifically so we can puncture and slurp from our cans like capri sun.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I love when they do have an editor, but not one who wants to actually have to watch all of it and you get the talking head asking the editor to do this or that in the edit and the editor does not, on top of leaving the request in the video.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's so hard to find bad camrips these days. I watched Willy Wonka with a camrip that had Malaysian gambling crypto water watermarks and ads thrown in, I think it really jazzed up what was otherwise a pretty boring experience. Trying to find a similar one for Dune but no luck

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Hackers film 1995 posted:

enter the void has got to be one of the most insane films ever. ive seen it like 5 times and i dont even really like it. its notable for being the first movie ive seen that shows the inside of a vagina during sex. later they show a fetus still in the womb but its holding an ice cold cerveza cristal

Haha Ive only seen this movie so far as the intro and it's really one of the coolest intros to a movie.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Been watching Dune camrip a little at a time and it's pretty good, but relatively little added value from the audience. So far just some chuckles and a few people shuffling around.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The madame web covers are so confusing. They always look like those stand-in things at theme parks to take a picture with your face on spider woman's body. The actress they chose clearly does not belong in this kind of movie or maybe any movies. She has the face for an insurance ad or being a nuisance parent at Little League soccer, not a Hollywood movie people might see in theatres.

So all the movie posters ens up looking like they photoshopped someone's aunt in as a joke.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I said nothing about her attractiveness, she's obviously a beautiful woman. Someone's sibling having had a child has no bearing on their attractiveness. Not every beautiful person looks appropriate for every role or setting.

Insurance commercials use hot actresses too, and I guess cavemen and a zoo.

Madame Web also isn't a character that needs to be attractive. She should be a much older woman anyway, cryptic and mysterious with weird googles. I see Rachel Dratch voiced the character before. She would be better in the role.

They got Jamie Lee Curtis for borderlands, couldve got her as Madame Web.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 5, 2024

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Endless Trash posted:

He went on to say

I really do recommend catching a camrip of Dune and watching the subtitles. Most of the captions were fine, but it absolutely failed on all dune-specific words and names. Chani's name was often "Johnny" and muaddib/Lisa algaib/kwisatz/arrakis/harkonen etc all changed to weird little phrases that changed each time. Scenes where the movie is actually subtitled bc they're speaking Fremen, it just made up nonsense and covered up the real subtitles.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Do you mean the procedurally generated subtitles on like YouTube? Those always gently caress up.

I assume it's the same stuff in the Goku video player. I think it also has normal subtitles for normal rips over old school camera in a theatre.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wish I could've been born as working class royalty

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Molothecat posted:

I'm doing my best to temper expectations, but it does look like they understood the source material

The two things that make me unusually cautiously optimistic are that they seem to understand to discard the crap Todd Howard told em, and that by making this kind of media they are essentially making a version of the stuff that the original Fallouts were mashing together.

However, it's still Fallout and only 3 Fallout games of the 9 actually feel like Fallout or are worth playing. This could easily just be the 10th Fallout thing and another one to ignore.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ah yes, Finn, definitely a character of note that anyone remembers, like any character from Fallout 4.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is Halloween the one with Austin powers?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's just a relative measurement, anyone skinnier than you is twink

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Does secret baby Harkonnen not overthrow evil dictator Paul? Because it would be funny if Rise of Skywalker was also ripped off Dune

Paul's actions did eventually lead to Dune becoming green and nearly sandless. I think he eventually comes back around to sand though.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

The music wasn't even any good though!

I was surprised that movie got a positive reception, on par with the abusive creep version. I've already forgotten most of the songs, but at the time were bland to awful. I think one was just about being an indentured servant washing clothes. Dude didn't have great vocal range and the songs came across very samey and generic.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I didn't watch the Oscars I just watched the On Cinema Oscars Special live at Amatocon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Great as usual! The finale especially always descends into beautiful chaos. This year Tim and Gregg got the poo poo beat of them. Mark Pork couldn't make it because he was sandwiched between two cars and probably isn't going to survive (although I suspect he was inside the ominous Big Bird costume the whole time)