Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

As my mind frays this becomes the song in Gladiator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I only watch public domain films, so 2040 is looking like the start of some good years for me

Barudak
May 7, 2007

mysterious frankie posted:

Joe’s new standup special is really good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_97zE4GRZk

Oh so this is where people who found News From Lake Woebegon hilarious moved on to.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Outpost22 posted:

What do all the big CGI dumpers do for me? I'm a breast man.

Ah, an old worlder

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jay's version is still limited by like, footage from the finished film. It sucks, but its also an exercise in turd polishing.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cubone posted:

the guy that made the gbs thread about that was pissed. he really hated when women were mistreated
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860204

Havin a dark lol

Barudak
May 7, 2007

kalel posted:

saw LOTR return of the King in the theatre

what else is there to say? one of the best genre sagas ever put to film. and I don't care that an entire country was sacrificed at the altar of capitalism to make it; in fact I'm glad of it

If every genre piece had lines as good as the pre-charge death call and response, Id watch a lot more of them no matter how many idyllic island countries we had to destroy to make bad sequels.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Outpost22 posted:

Surely you mean Hobbit movie?

Nah Rankin Bass didnt animate out there

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mike is a Sniper, we just watched a film all about this

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

He loves instigating conflict

That or arguing about something for so long that he forgets what he's arguing about and continuing anyways

Mike is the sniper equivalent of those japanese guys who refused to surrender after the war, they had to keep fighting.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

I tried watching any given Sunday today and Jesus I thought the movie was good but god drat it’s bad.

Watch it again next sunday and see how you feel

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In the original Mummy film the mummy successfully resurrects the woman he pined over and then she goes, uh, I was a high priestess of a god and you were punished for sacrilege and this seems like a whole bunch of sacrilege and just wipes him out.

Did the failed Tom Cruise one have a scene where mummy mommy gets exploded or is it less fun than a film from 1932

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I do not understand how their is a Gladiator 2 and its existence diminishes cinemas finest wheat field.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Now on one hand, you're right, this is dogshit

On the other, is Sonic the Hedgehog and has Knuckles Hat from the lovely Sonic OVA from like 30+ years ago so it is actually arguably too respectful to its dogshit.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its nice the best star wars movie returns to theaters.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

remember when saltburn was in the eternals with kingo? he played droog or druig and his power was... uh...

Absolute mind control and yet they kept talking about how hard their job of convincing people to do things was

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just watched the chinese film YOLO which is an adaptation of 100 Yen Club and it is on pace to be a massive smash hit.

It is also absolute dogshit and the reason its successful is entirely due to the actress's personal story so can't wait until some idiot as rumored at sony buys the rights and gets another juicy bomb if they attempt a release in the US/Europe

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Having just watched it, PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie is a better film than Yolo and frankly a better superhero movie than like the last few I saw.

Edit: Its actually more mature than most of the marvel films which is astounding

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Crescent Wrench posted:

We have a toddler but Paw Patrol is banned in our home. No copaganda allowed.

All dogs are good except Chase.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

How does the actor know? Did.... did he film a sex scene?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

finally a win for the double nepo baby

Two-Way Legacy Artist

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Han deals spice to make money under the table because his trucking pay is garnished per child and otters have a lot of pups at once.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

mystes posted:

We are given virtually no information about them, which isn't surprising considering that humans are shown as having zero interest in even trying to understand them. How could we possibly know whether they are "simple creatures" or not? Do we even know how they communicate?

They communicate via Neil Patrick Harris telling us their feelings.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I skimmed the video to see if there would ever be interesting content, and then came to the thread to see if any of you degenerates would reveal something worth it in there.

Instead were all talking about Starship Troopers, a film with some absolutely excellent jokes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Starship Troopers had an all CGI action spin off saturday morning cartoon and let me tell you, I ate up that anti-bug propaganda along with my government recommended milk.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Absolutely loving not

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Watched Deathstalker IV: Match of the Titans and Im impressed both by how cheap Roger Corman is and how weird the places the director made goddamn sure his vision was on screen were.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Not as many low budget spy thrillers as you'd want. Lotta things like Spy High though.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stop murdering star wars, murder something else

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I had to do work on the star wars alcohol inserts, they're 100% real*

*To upper management who made me do that work.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bladerunner 2049 was originally going to be a short film but they decided to go for the record of longest waste of a film due to including Jared Leto which was and still is a surprisingly competitive category

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dune is the rare media where everyone of its visual adaptations is pretty good, assuming you love command and conquer live action cutscenes cause goddamn is that miniseries that.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cubone posted:

what show was that that was going to be a legal drama but the writers realized they didn't know how to write one so they just didn't lol :effort:

Harvey Birdman remains undefeated.

They were also smart enough to hire capcom to make them a poor man's ace attorney for their videogame tie-in

Barudak
May 7, 2007

colonelwest posted:

The Flintstones was a magnificent achievement in writing and animation. It was the first comedy ever made that contained no jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fX9SMkKWFU

Like really. Some loose nonsense plot would lurch from scene to scene, the prehistoric setting being completely incidental, while not even a vague attempt at a joke would be made. But the laugh track would just keep going incessantly. It’s almost surreal in just how awful it is.

Eh, its a living.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you dont kill your lead actor, its not a real Crow film.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Volcano is the one where the firefighter cant jump far enough to escape the lava, right? I think that was my first time ever thinking about radiant heat from lava never being a thing in media which is the exact sort of soul crushingly boring thing a disaster film is supposed to distract you from thinking

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mega64 posted:

CGI went too far when they removed all the dots the actors stood on.

When they edit out the black sheets of paper is the moment cinema will die.

Just watch films with so little budget they cant even afford dots

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I can't kathleen kennedy paid to have the corpse of star wars cremated

Barudak fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 18, 2024

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

When I was an adult I realized the cliff kinda didn’t make sense but the movie fuckin rules so I didn’t give it a second thought.

Bad movies give you time to care about stupid poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Giant humanoid robots don't seem like they'd be good value for the resources. Surely bombs and missiles are more destructive and easier to build and deliver than huge swords that a bigass robot has to swing to use.

Minovsky Particles.

Now, if your question is why do you need a horse to pilot a horse gundam for your humanoid gundam to ride I would tell you you're a idiot who hasn't once thought about how hard it would be to train a person to operate the controls in the horse gundam.