Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Rich Evans knows about rap music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
twenty twenty george foreskin grill

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

X JAKK posted:

Lets make this the year XJAKK finally guest spots on a BOTW, i can afford the plane ticket

they get a visit from the 2024 Macaulay Culkin that people expected to see twenty years ago that lives in a basement instead of the 2024 Macaulay Culkin that actually exists and is a well-adjusted father of two

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

X JAKK posted:

i live in a weed store that i painstakingly turned into a temple of voodoo thank you very much

I thought you lived in the JAKK ZONE at the foot of the stairs

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

X JAKK posted:

SONIC THE MOTHERFUCKING HEDGEHOG
THREE

they’ve been building up to this, this is the year Sonic finally gets pregnant

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Gripweed posted:

It feels like they're sending Madame Web out to die. Which is weird, a movie with four Spider-Girls could do really well. It definitely seems like an easier pitch than Kraven

maybe if they'd gotten a different nepo baby to lead, but as it stands it stars Dakota Johnson and she has all the charisma of a paper bag

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

dreezy posted:

dont forget the bell riots which have a halfway decent chance of actually happening

inshallah

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Gripweed posted:

She was good in Suspiria.

oh that's true

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Mordja posted:

SupergayStupidman

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
they should make

Mordja posted:

SupergayStupidman
the title of this thread

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
is the Orville still on?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I remember going to see that in the theaters, I was on a big Cronenberg kick at the time. I should watch it again one of these days.

are you older than rich evans

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Meat Wagon posted:

First movie I ever pirated was jason x on a 56k connection. Took forever to download and it was split into 2 parts. I never watched the second half of that trash.

you should send Colin his $0.50 for that

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Space Kablooey posted:

no you have to do your own piracy

you can commission it from somebody else though.

like, my dad surprising my sister and I with an extended-play VHS from his buddy at work in 1995 that had Snow White, the Return of Jafar, the Little Mermaid, and like one or two other Disney movies I can't remember (Robin Hood? No, we got that one used at Blockbuster. It's still in the yellow sleeve) isn't me doing my own piracy.

but me asking my cousin to burn me a copy of Crazy Town's debut album The Gift of Game in 2000 is.

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 3, 2024

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

the Vince McMahon meme, but it's Jay

Paul Verhoeven is making a new American movie
it's an erotic thriller
written by Ed Neumeier

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

She-hulk was a very frustrating show. Tatiana Maslany is a great actress and does a good job as Jennifer Walters. Anytime She-hulk shows up the show turns to poo poo. Then the show does weird thing Marvel does sometimes where they tell you that another character had a far more interesting adventure than what you just watched.

you're a misogynist for saying that

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
speaking as a trauma survivor,

Vim Fuego posted:

shehulk's cgi dumper

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

extruded josh

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

poisonpill posted:

Get me a girl with a Dreamworks face and a Pixar rear end

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

dreezy posted:

which wins rear end best of the worst:
-tommy weisseu’s rear end in the room
-neil breen’s rear end in double down (ballsack not included)
-sam mraovitch’s rear end in ben & arthur

neil breen’s rear end in double down (ballsack included)

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
yo idk what’s going on but Stew Leonard’s rules

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
jo-koy watch

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

It owns that the worst part of the Ricky Gervais Show was Ricky Gervais. :pray: thank god for Steve Merchant and Karl Pilkington (will not be checking their twitter accounts to see what kind of cool opinions they have/which small island they were regular guests at)

IDK about Karl, but Steve's fine.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
“Mike, please. He had a family”

R-I-C-H-E-V-A-N-S

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Mordja posted:

I think techies might be, overall, the most demonic group of people in history. At least our previous overlords commissioned great art and built public edifices. Tech bros only seem to care about computers and pop-culture detritus.

our modern tech bros are literally just the contemporary iteration of the guys from ~100-150 years ago who thought that you could cure Irishness by giving people enemas and lobotomies

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
remember when Jason Sudeikis visited Joe Brandon's white house in character as Ted Lasso and gave a speech about positivity?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Vakal posted:

I mean, yeah?

Mando 1 was just a fun adventure of a simple man making his way through the galaxy, then it fell into the Star Wars curse pit of everything having to be the most important thing ever.

The Doctor Who Disease

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Hackers film 1995 posted:

i know its cool/correct to make fun of an snl alumnus but ive never really liked Jason Sudeikis anyway. he was ok on 30 rock, but i cant think of much else.

the Paul Rudd we have at home

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I remember reading a bit about the Olivia Wilde/Jason Sudeikis divorce and feeling a bit bad for him, but also like-- dude, you married the woman that wrote the "my first husband was so mediocre in bed and became so unattractive to me that my vagina literally died" article, like what did you expect was going to happen?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

X JAKK posted:

Um hello

XJAKK posts sense

mysterious frankie posted:

I watched one episode of Ted Lasso recently, so I could finally have an opinion after years of hearing other people’s strong ones. It sort of seemed like the concept was “Ned Flanders coaching football”? It didn’t offend me, but I probably wouldn’t watch another episode without someone else suggesting it.

Speaking of stuff that makes people have strong reactions, I also watched ten minutes of an Action Button video for the first time recently and man does that guy seem like he needs to be picked on by a Looney Toon.

Tim has very good taste in clothes

Anything Joe Pera related is a “put down what you’re doing and give it your undivided attention” event. I will throw a large tree branch through your bay windows if you disagree.

https://youtu.be/-D9Yx3H7Mp4?si=djprn9RZy_XsdC_r
proclick

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Is this the one where he makes a stool and then drinks hot chocolate?

this is a compilation of all the ones they've done so far, it's got everything

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

I will gladly cop to thos of it means more making GBS threads on Steven Moffat.

"Because he's the Doctor!" (dies)

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
your own personal Jaysus

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Mike can't hide his love for humiliation

And nothing is more humiliating than losing to Rich Evans while a beautiful Jay looks on

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Assessor of Maat posted:

ok, but is it gonna have a guy with three eyes named Trioculus in it. this is the main thing I care about in posthumous stories about Vader

exactly my thought

disney already popped the cork on the space whales

go all the way and adapt the greatest EU book of all time, you cowards. you have nothing else

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

FishBowlRobot posted:

Can’t wait to see She Palpatine twerk with Ice Spice

Palpatine’s CGI dumper

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Collapsing Farts posted:

So I know Rich created a clone and married it, and Jay is content banging his many boyfriends, but what about Mike? Does he have a significant other?

the bottle?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
https://youtube.com/shorts/p6to4bSvkms?si=ucu_A-PBCgM2XmHr

nolan pro click

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

LanceHunter posted:

The Alamo Drafthouse is almost entirely devoid of the little annoyances you get at other theaters. For example, they don't play ads the whole time from when the auditorium opens until the movie starts (instead they have little customer-made pre-shows playing various things that are specifically relevant to whatever movie you're going to see).

Their no talking/texting policy is famously strict, but the real secret sauce that makes the movie-going experience at the drafthouse better than any other theater chain: They don't let in unsupervised minors. It doesn't matter if the movie is rated G, no one under 18 is gonna get in unless they are accompanied by a parent or guardian. That means if you are seeing a movie at a drafthouse, you are guaranteed to not have a group of high schoolers in the theater. And since groups of high schoolers tend to account for 90% of all annoying bullshit behavior by patrons at movie theaters, you just don't get that at the drafthouse.

That said, the drafthouse is clearing hedging their bets like crazy this year. They always did repertory showings of classic and/or important movies, but typically those were pretty limited or were part of some special program. Now they're building a lot more repertory showings into their main schedule. They realize that there's going to be a major content drought because of last year's strikes, so they're doing something called Alamo Time Capsule to try and convince folks to keep going there even when there are no worthwhile new releases (because hey, wouldn't it be cool to finally see The Talented Mr. Ripley on the big screen!)

Mr. Ripley/Saltburn double feature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Light Gun Man posted:

i think the recent/current American Godzilla movies state that nukes were first developed as an attempt to fight Godzilla. Kind of a weird take but I guess a fun idea.

lol america will take every opportunity it can to whitewash Hiroshima/Nagasaki

like literally the entire core metaphor behind why Godzilla even exists as a property is the bombing of Japan