Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

jeeves posted:

Much like the two dudes who always lie and always tells the truth in Labyrinth… I’ll never get it.

Also Die Hard 3 was supposed to be a Lethal Weapon sequel and once you realize that you can never unsee it.

You have two gallons in the five gallon bucket, and you pour them into the three gallon bucket. Then you have a three gallon bucket with two gallons in it, leaving space for one gallon to fill it up. If you fill the five gallon bucket up again, and then pour from it into the three, only one gallon can pour out before it’s full; leaving 5-1=4 gallons in the *explodes because Hans’ brother gets bored*

I didn’t really care for die hard 3; it feels like the stupid challenges were too gimmicky. I like the twist and how they have John running all over NYC, but I wish he’d just gotten into increasingly bizarre shootouts at each place instead of the puzzles or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Kingo Ligma posted:

If I can't ask you for the riddle answers who can I ask???

If I asked you which Star Wars movie was best, what would you say?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

poisonpill posted:

If I asked you which Star Wars movie was best, what would you say?

This works because there are two posters itt: the ones who always love Star Wars and the ones who always hate Star Wars.

The poster who always loves Star Wars will tell you to watch the last Jedi because it’s the deepest and most interesting movie that subverts expectations

The poster who always hates Star Wars will tell you to watch the last Jedi because it’s absolutely incomprehensible and will therefore kill any desire you have to watch another and killed the franchise, making it the best

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

what is a bizarrre shooutout

Like in the later Fast & Furious movies, or John Woo. At some point just watching two guys shoot at each other is boring, so you need something to mix it up. Like, the bad guy has a hostage. Or it takes place in a plane that's careening toward the ground. Or the good guy is carrying a child to safety. And it's a running fight through a hospital. Against a team of bad guys disguised as clowns during a make-a-wish.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Gripweed posted:

And wait until next year to do your Mickey in drag movie.

Disney gone WOKE

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah that’s basically all correct

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

But Kissinger was last year

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

I’m going to watch the Mickey Mouse (tm) classic When the Cat’s Away (c) (1929), which is only legally available streaming on Disney+

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Argyle Gargoyle posted:

I've heard praise about this over the years but haven't bothered with it. Seemed like a generic action movie. Is it worth it? I'd assume very few practical effects and just a bunch of cg crap

in this thread, we believe:
Mad Max Fury Road is the best action movie of the 21st C
Dredd is top five

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Hackers film 1995 posted:

is dredd the best “comic book” movie ever? not best adaptation or whatever but most entertaining? it is for me

its a toss up with a few other movies that aren't obviously comic book movies
blade
men in black
the rocketeer

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

God I love Jason Statham and I’m glad he exists as an institution

Late career High Grant is also a treasure. He was also having a good turn in that D&D movie, just having a blast being a bad guy

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Ironically the best acting Bernthal ever did was pretending to actually be a tough guy

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

NorgLyle posted:

Stone Cold

Streaming anywhere?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The cobra racer guy from speed racer died :(

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Put him on the board. Pretty soon the only one left itt will be me and all I’m going to do is react to which Hollywood people are in the latest Epstein releases

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

We should all be named after superheroes from awful movies itt

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

AARD VARKMAN posted:

also colm meaney was 100% in the right the whole movie and should have fired the missile wtf steve buschemi killed 30 kids and got away!!!

Been saying this for years. Also when he shouts out “the plane is going to crash in the middle of a busy street. The civilian casualties are going to be enormous!” But nobody replies or anything, and the shot just cuts away without it being resolved

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

How do you get tickets? Goon project

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

DaysBefore posted:

Also finally watched Asteroid City. I'm really hosed up about this but I have say... eh. It was fine I guess. Gonna watch Grand Budapest again

Asteroid City grew on me in the few days after I watched it. It takes some noodling because it’s about how art deals with the sort of indescribable, ineffable, or traumatic things in life. So it’s almost so vague it defies understanding. But it’s good; I think the key to it is Margot Robbie talking to the actor (whose lover the writer just died) who is playing a character whose wife just died, and talking about how art leaves a piece of itself with you, a lens you can use to understand life.

Or anyway, just saw The Boy and the Heron. It basically had the same theme and message

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

*Defiantly before the posting tribunal* I'm really not sure what was more absolutely mid in the context of that artist's corpus, asteroid city or boy/heron

I sentence you to thirty days in CD, and may whatever god you believe in have mercy on your soul

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

She hulks now?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

*watching she hulk twerk*
Now THIS is podracing

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Disney+ will undoubtedly crop that episode so that Ned’s butt isn’t on screen

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Get me a girl with a Dreamworks face and a Pixar rear end

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

What are the other 19

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Sir Lemming posted:

No idea how this guy got this or any other gig.

Chris Rock, Ali Wong, Will Arnett, Sean Hayes and Jason Bateman all turned it down

(That isn't a joke btw, although it's funnier than Jo Koy has ever been in his life)

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Cubone posted:

I'm da jokoy baby

They need you right now, but when they don't, they'll cast you out like a leper! You see, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

priznat posted:

Hey that’s IP theft!

Oh, I’m sorry, did that offend you? Are you melting, fragile snowflake?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

priznat posted:

I thought ansel elgort got semi cancelled for being horny on main

It is kind of a shame that Tokyo vice has got the whole “white guy at the centre of bringing down yakuza bosses” thing going on or so the trailer makes it seem anyway

I mean, it’s based on a book written by a white guy who lived in Tokyo. Not to say he didn’t have that perspective, but it’s his story. (At least, the parts that he didn’t make up lol)

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

*meekly puts down stone *

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The Max company is not happy with me--that's okay, I'll still keep watching that garbage.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I just checked Ireland on my world atlas and it seems intact to me

Seize the Tory

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The season six Jon Snow Funco Pop is equivalent to Michelangelo’s David :colbert:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

mysterious frankie posted:

an AI telling me how bad everything is under the guise of a dead man

2024 coming in hot with dystopian future vibes

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

There should have been an episode of Star Trek where they land on Planet Boston

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Outpost22 posted:

Whatever happened to Jonathan Majors? I think he was Kang?

Nothing. He’s a hot up and coming actor who should *touches earpiece*

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

I’ve heard season four is gonna be great and I believe it. But I’m one of the sick freaks who liked seasons 2 and 3

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Crescent Wrench posted:

True Detective Season 2 is a mess, but I feel like it would have gotten more appreciation for the moments of pulpy insanity if it wasn't the follow-up to one of the best single seasons of a TV show ever. Colin Farrell beating the poo poo out of a bully's dad on his own front porch is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xIZVMJjvHQ

"Twelve years old my rear end. gently caress. YOU."

:agreed: 100% on everything you said

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

How could you hate this

E: I am saying this unironically. I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

mysterious frankie posted:

Didn’t he just lift some of the lines in one of Rust Cohle’s speeches from a non fiction book about nihilism written by Thomas Ligotti?

Did Rust upset a hedge fund billionaire or something? They were good speeches!