Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

X JAKK posted:

I have insightful observations about animated childrens programming

You're mixing up yourself with Jenny. Easy mistake to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

This makes the prequels a lot better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9VVkwRb_7M

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Everyone in this thread knows everything about media, but just in case, there is a fan edit of the chinese adaptation of Three Body Problem that condenses the series. It's very slow originally.

https://disembiggened.com/

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

The Irish Unification of 2024 beckons.

Is this the new "2024 is the year of desktop Linux"?

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Fun fact, that's how Ernie Hudson dresses every day.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Gutcruncher posted:

33 dollars for a DVDR without any artwork

Beautiful. Never change, breen

Edit: for comparison Who Killed Captain Alex also came on a DVDR without a dvd case but it came with artwork to put in your own case and the disc itself had a hand drawn label with my name on it and a scrap of cardboard with marker doodles of a machine gun and a helicopter for 10 dollars

People pay $80 for video games with zero artistry. $33 for a movie of pure art is a good deal.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Flinger posted:

I only post in this thread when im extremy drunk""! and i know i am extremly drunk lime tim from redlettermedia!

Are you Glen Danzig?

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

I unfortunately relate to Rich holding his emotional support Enterprise. That looks very comforting.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Was Danzig's peanut brain so small that he left out the music because he wanted to distance himself from his music career? Serious movies just have wind sounds and gunshots during the opening credits.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I will never understand how someone can direct a movie that is considered as one of The Best Movies, but is not one of the Best Directors lol

Evil Toons is one of the greatest movies, but not because of the direction.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

dreezy posted:

we need mike and rich to say gently caress it and start recording commentary tracks for all their favorite tng eps

I wish there would just be more commentary tracks in general. They are some of my favorite content of theirs.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

AARD VARKMAN posted:

hasn't McGregor been accused of sexual assault several times even before they would have started filming this? I doubt they bothered editing him out at all

He, like pretty much every top MMA manly man I hear about, has been the same since the start. There's no chance anything came as a surprise.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Has Tim Burton ever been confronted about how bad and ugly his films have been since the 90s? Does he still think he's making quality work?

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Ewan McKellen?

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Those are acceptable American spellings.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

Like what was Verhoven trying to do with Showgirls

It's baffling which means he probably didn't succeed but fun fun movie regardless

I was just watching some interview with Neil Patrick Harris, possibly Hot Ones, and he mentioned how Verhoeven had no direction for comedy. NPH was asking what kind of humor to add to a scene and Verhoeven was just "I don't understand your American humor, just do what you think is funny."

So Verhoeven was probably great at the very tiny niche he was king, but otherwise he might not be the same level of genius.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Why would anyone watch new movies when old movies exist.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

mysterious frankie posted:

lobsterminator posted:

Why would anyone watch movies when 9 hour lore explanation videos exist.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

CaptainBeefart posted:

Tig Notaro would be a good choice imo.

Tig Notaro in every role. The most low-energy and awesome reboot ever.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

LanceHunter posted:

HOLY gently caress Y"ALL WE GOT CONTENT!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9zXv4TfMUg

I saw this on Reddit and there were comments debating if they were prop or herbal cigarettes. Teenagers think it's more likely that a middle-aged drunk would spend the effort to get some herbal cigarettes for a youtube video instead of just taking a few puffs from a normal cigarette. Kinda cute.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Jurassic Park, but dinosaurs have evolved the ability to speak and they live with humans in harmony and racism. A T-rex cop is paired with a black lady and they have to learn to overcome their differences.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Barudak posted:

How does the actor know? Did.... did he film a sex scene?

I think it was pretty clear in the subtext. He used "Force" to impregnate some slave and conceived Anakin. The emperor was not a good man.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

LanceHunter posted:

There was a patreon update:

The character they are talking about :

No idea what is going on, but since they have gotten into a schedule of dropping videos on Fridays or Saturday, and they haven't announced what is coming up, I suspect that there might be another TNG-related video coming soon.

I really hope there's a ST:TNG Season 2 discussion episode. The Star Trek stuff is the best content in recent times, because it's nice to hear them talk about stuff they actually enjoy.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

This is beautiful. Almost as good as the dinosaur hands in Tammy and the T-Rex

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

nothing legitimizes fascism you sick little freak

Even a day later I still laugh at this post. This is the gooniest post ever.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

RealityWarCriminal posted:

This woman has zero talent

Why would you need talent if you are a nepo baby.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

colonelwest posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK6r8b_8jWI

They seem really determined to shed viewers.

Star Trek videos and Quizzes are the RLM content I've enjoyed most in the last year or so. I don't care about movies, they all suck. I care about drunk Wisconsinites doing things they enjoy.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Not sure what the subject would be, but Culk's next appearance will surely be a trivia show.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

dr_rat posted:

Hey that's the correct answer!!!

Congratulations and thanks for playing! Today you just won a brand new link to the new Mia Mulder video that just came out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mei4c_DFsgQ

Or... you can trade it all for what's in the mystery box!!!!

That sounds like CSPAM in video form, which is almost the worst thing imaginable.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

reignofevil posted:

mike should pay me one thousand dollars to watch this crap

Can you give me half because I gave it my best too?

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

The problem is a lot of content creators are not drunk. I have no interest in some sober person rambling unironically about pop culture or politics.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Jordan Peterson has a new video out.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

In the Manson vs Gang quizzes I would first think which line rhymes better. BHG lyrics usually have simple rhymes that fit well. That's not a 100% tactic, but I think it's more reliable than thinking which is funnier in these two episodes.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

You made the first one B&W but had the same pic repeated. Stop messing with us.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

I would never pay for a Neil Breen movie because he is the richest perverted real estate architect billionaire in Vegas, but I'd pay for this game.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

kalel posted:

they played a trailer for Horizon: An American Saga before tgtbatu. a new two-part western epic with writer/director/star kevin costner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYsReoZMj1k

it looks like horseshit

How can it look like horseshit when I read tons of comments under that video and they were all super hyped and said that this will be the greatest movie in decades.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Sir Lemming posted:

It's for children and parents, very specifically. Not broadly "adults" but people who have kids.

I would kind of be interested in seeing what the same creative team might be able to pull off with something for a totally different audience, because they are amazing storytellers. They do a lot in 7 minutes, and the only half-hour episode really does feel like a movie because of how efficient the storytelling is.

I don't know the entertainment product you are talking about specifically, but there has been a noticeable distaste for "family entertainment" online among goon-like people. Like the best cartoons always had jokes that only the adults would get. It would not be stuff that most adults would watch, but there was enough humor for them to keep their interest while watching with their kids.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

dreezy posted:

man space cop sucked

I knew it was going to suck so the first time I watched it I had the commentary track on which was more fun than the movie.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

His Divine Shadow posted:

I wish RLM would review the lexx movies

It would definitely be a Jack Re:View. Jay and Mike probably don't even know what Lexx is. Rich may have seen a few episodes of the show.

Jack and Culk are the most probable Lexx perverts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Stink Billyums posted:

colin literally worked on lexx

But he never watched it.