Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

PostNouveau posted:

No, I think I just had it confused for Morgellons. I thought there was a separate one for "fibers under my skin!!!" and "insects under my skin!!!" but apparently they're the same.
Morgellons is definitely the one that's most plainly just totally insane and rarely anything but psychological. Like sometimes you have someone with some kind of skin condition claiming morgellons, but even then no one remotely right in the head is going to jump to "plastic/fabric fibers are sprouting up from under my skin".

It including bugs seems like a relatively recent development to me, seems like it used to only be named morgellons in reference to mystery fibers. Maybe some other crank stuff got combined with it over the years, like how conspiracy theories will katamari each other up from time to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Non Compos Mentis posted:

seems like a real good idea to have your series open with people cheering on while a teacher gets beaten to death
what's the implication supposed to be here

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Non Compos Mentis posted:

i dunno, seems like a real edgy way to start a show is all
sometimes media deals with dark things, idk what to tell you on this one. show's been quite good so far

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
ah, the ocieros gambit

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
having the webshooters be an invention makes some sense, because it's a way to demonstrate that he's a smart wannabe scientist kid.

however, the obvious best live action spiderman movie is spiderman 2 directed by sam raimi, and in those moopies it's just a power, so ultimately who can say. it's in god's hands

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm still not over "so they're not like slut lesbians"

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
which one is the one with a scene where they have to cut the alien out of themselves via the automated surgery table. that scene is loving sick

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Mozi posted:

debates over prometheus always boil down to
"it was bad"
vs
"ridley scott made it bad on purpose, as a joke"
a friend of mine really likes prometheus entirely because of David. never mentions anything else in the movie

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
ok I thought what I've seen of 3 body problem was alright but these ads I'm seeing are making me mad.
"FROM THE CREATORS OF GAME OF THRONES" bitch you are not GRRM. you did not create game of thrones, you flubbed an adaptation of game of thrones.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Yeah, it's not just the africa planet episode that sucks. a lot of it is just poo poo for a bit

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
the Jedi order being celibate bureaucracy monks was always stupid. bring on luke skywalkers wife I don't remember anything about, I say. at least she's from the era where they made a lot of cool cross-section drawings of spaceships and robots

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
his mom also gets kidnapped and brutalized by "sand people" so he goes and becomes hitler about it

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
that one jedi forehead guy had to get a special exception in order to have his numerous wives in order to help combat his species' low birthrate

and if they need to give him a special exception to gently caress based on material reason, clearly they're not actually ok with it

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Tunicate posted:

Its in the novelization of ANH
no one cares about such things. canon is a fake idea

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm not gonna say Daisy Ridley blew me away but I also certainly wouldn't say she was a terrible actor.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

dreezy posted:

incredibly jealous of anyone who hasnt seen clerks 3
really this is a very optimistic outlook considering how few people saw that flick. blessed be 99.99% of human beings, those lucky bastards

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
lol at jay finding it completely ridiculous that anyone would think the predator, the alien with dreadlocks, is black coded

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

No Mods No Masters posted:

I just can't imagine seeing a film every drat day basically. It shouldn't come as any surprise at this point but the posters are built different
I watch at absolute most like 1 movie per month tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

fallout's ok