Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Shaggar posted:

The first movie I watched this year turned out to be The Hunt for Red October which still kicks rear end.

Well? Did they find it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

LanceHunter posted:

Hitchcock was an extremely funny dude and even when he was making high art he never let that get in the way of making sure the audience was entertained.

Yeah I watched rear window on Christmas Day and had forgotten how funny it was

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Pokemon Concierge was fantastic, even if it was like maybe 35 minutes of actual "show". Some great sight gags and physical comedy as well, it really feels like a labour of love.

I imagine there will be a movie in a couple of years

Worth a watch if you like stop motion comedy and/or pokemon

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Holy poo poo the ending of the curse. I like some weird bullshit but not like this. I don't get it

Edit: I feel pranked. I don't get it. What the gently caress

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Auralnauts are good

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

The Menu is some solid dumb fun

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

sure okay posted:

Whole movie in the trailer, down to who dies and when, and who saves the day

Is this your first time watching a movie trailer

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

poisonpill posted:

I can’t get a read on Sofia Coppola and I know her movies all suffer from afluenza but they’re more interesting than 99% of the trash that comes out

She makes pretty good movies

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

I didn't expect much from the Fallout show but I think the performances are all very consistently good to great and it was a nice little surprise. I have yet to watch the finale but I'm sure it'll be "pretty good".

I haven't seen any of Walton Goggins's TV stuff aside from Community but he is absolutey fantastic

Edit: I have seen him in several movies and he is always great in them, just saying I haven't really watched a lot of his "meatier" work

Sex Farm fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 15, 2024

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Rageaholic posted:

You should watch The Righteous Gemstones. He's incredible as Uncle Baby Billy on there.

This one I haven't seen, but was always on the "list". And not because of Goggins, definitely going to watch it soon though. And maybe finally get around to the Shield

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

As a kid I thought farscape was also star trek. Lexx was not star trek though

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Why has the movie civil war broke so many brains in this thread

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

ProperCauldron posted:

Yo check it out: people tried to steal the last presidential election. the same people talk about stealing one in five months from now, and they openly talk about cancelling the next election after that. Have a nice day.

Uh... okay

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

ProperCauldron posted:

Yes, that's "why has the movie civil war broke so many brains in this thread" and all over the internet. i'm glad u could follow this simple logic with only one primitive guttural noise that's commonly associated with the mentally underdeveloped.

Lol

Anyway, started watching some vice principals and yeah I think I have goggins fever big time, going to tackle righteous gemstones tonight. Is Justified really that good? Six seasons is daunting

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

MarcusSA posted:

The one where they said he died but it was actually his wife that died today.

Yeah but you quoted Cubone's post which is what I (personally) think was the confusion. Perhaps be more careful in the future to avoid such misunderstandings

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

You could check out this thread as well

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4043634

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Late night with the devil really sucked out loud. Maybe I just didn't get the tone it was going for, whatever tone that would be? I dunno.

I did like the costumes though

Edit: if it didn't have that narration at the beginning spelling out what was going to happen in the end I think it would have been slightly better? There was no atmosphere or anything to speak of

Maybe this is just another paranormal activity situation where everybody loves it but me

Sex Farm fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Apr 21, 2024

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Vakal posted:

I liked it, but it felt like a extra long segment from one of the VHS movies.

Yeah like if it was a creepshow short I would have been totally fine with it. But I think the creepshow reboot did do that with ted raimi already? The one where the deadites come to the public access station and army vet not Bob ross fights them?

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Pac and Cheese posted:

you're right that it sucked. i don't think the narration at the beginning was a mistake though, in fact i thought the first act was very well done and it was believable as a 70s talk show. the real problems with the movie are that the backstage scenes (why are they in black and white?) were completely pointless and destroyed the tension of whether it was supposed to be a hoax, and that we're supposed to care about the emotional journey of the host to the point where we follow his perspective instead of the studio cameras. it's a cinematic recreation of ghostwatch that's somehow even lamer and misses the point of what made it so good

Yeah I did enjoy the first act, but I still disagree about the narration. I don't see what it added at all. It was tied directly into the "framing" of it as found footage so maybe I was just extra hard on it?

I think the teenage girl who is probably an actress in her mid 20s did a pretty good job though

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

priznat posted:

Ah dang I was looking forward to that, I like David Dastmalchian a lot.

He was pretty good in it, wish the role itself had more meat on its bones though. Same could be said about the movie, I my guess

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

I thought x jakk made a sad boy banme? Did the thread cast him out

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

bitterandtwisted posted:

Once upon a time in the West is actually my favourite Leone western. idk if that's a controversial opinion

now once upon a time in the west
mad man lost his drat mind in the west

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

RapTrap posted:

So apparently Season 2 of Velma came out and In case you were wondering who the big murderer of the season turns out to be, an evil Scrappy Doo. Yes, they're doing that.

His whole deal is that he kills people and tears the balls out because he was involved in this military experiment that went horribly wrong, and he wants to kill everyone involved in it.
He also wants to find Uncle Scooby.

Oh yeah, they're finally going to bring Scooby-Doo into the show.
In case any of you were hoping he would be spared from this piece of a poo poo show, well, too bad.

Turn out Scooby Doo is..... a woman named Sophie.

Now in case you're wondering who the gently caress would watch this show and who the gently caress is Sophie.

To make a long, stupid story short, Sophie was a female military officer who was assigned a job (and I'm not joking when I say this) to observe meddling kids solving mysteries while disguised as a waitress.
She hated the job, but one day, while observing kids watching dog videos, she had the idea of creating a talking dog (there was also this side plot of being Velma's stepmom, but it ultimately doesn't matter because nothing matters in this show).

She then disguised herself as a leather man in a mask to get her project going.

Why the disguised, you may ask?
Because this show likes to pretend women have it so much harder than men do despite the fact they constantly bring up that women the most brilliant beings in the world, yet they still like to pretend they're victims of an oppressive society despite them taking every opportunity to poo poo on men for free, epically Fred the only character they didn't race swap.

Anyways, to get back on track, her big project of creating talking dogs went to poo poo when Scrappy kept killing people, and the army couldn't kill him because, apparently, he's bulletproof (don't try making sense of this, the writers certainly didn't) Sophie would then spend all her time covering up all of the Scrappy murders and then try to escape to protect her family.

So after the mystery was revealed, they basically changed EVERYTHING about Scooby.
Scrappy tries to kill everyone, but through the power of bullshit and plot contrivance, they finally kill him.
But not only does Scrappy die, but Velma does as well.

Yeah, she dies!
The show kills her off and then has her kill Scrappy as a ghost. Oh and the original designs of Daphne and Velma appear in one episode.

Cool

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

priznat posted:

New gimmick poster just dropped?

Unrelated anyone watch “Love Lies Bleeding”? I see it is showing up on streaming rentals etc now.

It's xjakk

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its probably driftingmouse, look at their only probe

Yeah you're right, but a man can dream.

Plus Velma is an adult cartoon not a cartoon for four year olds

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Infested/vermines was a lot of creepy crawly heeby jeeby fun. Really surprised that was the directors first film, probably a guy to look out for in the future

Edit: my only big complaint is when they are fighting over who gets to play MK3 next at a party for adults??? And it's not set in the 90s at all??

Sex Farm fucked around with this message at 07:14 on May 8, 2024

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Pac and Cheese posted:

i wish i was stupid enough to know what the gently caress you guys are talking about

It's a French movie about spiders

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Has there ever been a Jedi spider? It can shoot laser webs

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Well I certainly don't care for this

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

It's fine that the spiders just got bigger and bigger throughout the movie, it never really got to 8 legged freaks territory and they definitely had the opportunity

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

kalel posted:

went to the alamo to see "the last stop in yuma county" from freshman director francis galluppi. a strangers-in-a-room desert crime thriller that wears its influences on its sleeve (coincidentally, it's almost thirty years to the day since the release of tarantino's "pulp fiction").

it was middling, and I'm baffled by the positive reviews it's getting. the references to tarantino (and specifically pulp fiction) are crassly obvious, yet the dialogue and editing have none of the pep. there's very little tension at any given time; the characters are exactly what they are shown to be from their introduction, and none of them are interesting. there's no intrigue or politicking between characters, nothing to drive the scenes forward. when the big powder keg goes off it feels lifeless. gave me flashbacks to bad times at the el royale, except this is even more bland.

it looks really good; shouting out dp mac fisken and production designer charlie textor for a superb display of their abilities, since the look of the film is the only thing you can latch onto as enjoyable. I can so clearly see the good version of this film in my head, the only they needed to change was the script.

Is it better or worse than the item

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

There's a good video of some Jon favreau show where famous people eat together and talk about movies I guess? That has a roundtable of Jon favreau Rob zombie Bruce Campbell and Roger corman and Faizon Love where there's some great stories from corman who is comes off as the coolest guy in the universe.

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/muvG8Dw9cTb5H9dN/?mibextid=wWqvZr Google doesn't work anymore so here's a Facebook link to what I can only assume is an Italian evil dead group?