Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1758525136733458782?t=AFsxO-IWg6rEoKp5bwnmYg&s=19

Hey guys excited for The Mandalorian and Grogu (2026)? Be sure to play the video game that includes vital information. Somehow Moff Gideon returned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
level 5 is where you have dinner with jack black and that other lady

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1758525136733458782?t=AFsxO-IWg6rEoKp5bwnmYg&s=19

Hey guys excited for The Mandalorian and Grogu (2026)? Be sure to play the video game that includes vital information. Somehow Moff Gideon returned.

Paying $5 for 180 credits to unlock the Grogu floss dance emote for 150 credits

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I mean Respawn makes bangers, sure I'll give it a look.

Titanfall 3 plz.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mordja posted:

I mean Respawn makes bangers, sure I'll give it a look.

Titanfall 3 plz.

No Titanfall, only Star Wars.

I also want Titanfall 3.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Stink Billyums posted:

March is going to be a rarity for me with two movies I want to see in the theatre. Late Night With the Devil is out March 22nd, before hitting Shudder a month later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QIpRBKi3cs

that looks fun. reminds me of WNUF Halloween Special. there was a sequel to that called Out There Halloween Mega Tape. did anyone see it?

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Whole movie in the trailer, down to who dies and when, and who saves the day

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I was listening to the radio this morning in the car and the CBC movie reviewer was having a great time just dismantling madame web and going on about how awful it is, so I am glad it is providing joy to some people. It was a fun listen as well.

The real enemy: Contract Law!!

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

sure okay posted:

Whole movie in the trailer, down to who dies and when, and who saves the day

Is this your first time watching a movie trailer

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Castor Poe posted:

Girls and gays, Madame Web needs you.

https://twitter.com/celestialdevils/status/1757999789827137958?t=8_tRKRAnCrWAD2KJDZ3nqg&s=19

Imagine wanting a sequel for Madame Web lol.

Aaahhh there’s the Sony PR money. Was wondering why we werent seeing any of those kinds of posts yet

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Disney PR: Vast network of bots and various types of shills building to a symphony of astroturf
Sony pictures PR: Hired one simpleton to serve as madame web stan

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
HBO Max PR: Weirdo Zack Snyder fans

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I’m surprised Sony didn’t shelve it for the tax write off as is the new trend, they fulfilled the obligation to have a new spider man movie in production so the license is safe for another 3+ years. Maybe there is a clause they can’t do that idk.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Sex Farm posted:

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Hackers film 1995 posted:

that looks fun. reminds me of WNUF Halloween Special. there was a sequel to that called Out There Halloween Mega Tape. did anyone see it?

it's good, I enjoyed both about equally. WNUF went farther in trying to feel authenitc though.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Gutcruncher posted:

Aaahhh there’s the Sony PR money. Was wondering why we werent seeing any of those kinds of posts yet

have you met our friend gripweed?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Worse, I don't think gripweed gets paid for it

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

priznat posted:

I’m surprised Sony didn’t shelve it for the tax write off as is the new trend, they fulfilled the obligation to have a new spider man movie in production so the license is safe for another 3+ years. Maybe there is a clause they can’t do that idk.

It likely says that it must be released to the public, surely after the fantastic 4 trickery they wanted to be clear on that point

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

sony playing the long con by trashing the spider man brand so much that when it releases its scorpion person brand audiences will love it

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
C'mon you Midwestern drunks where's my Madame Web HITB?

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

MeatwadIsGod posted:

C'mon you Midwestern drunks where's my Madame Web HITB?

here you go

jay: well we said we wouldnt review it but, mike, we went and saw madame webb *jay laughs*
mike: jay, i have to say it wasn’t very good
jay: obviously *jay laughs*
mike: well, ok. it wasnt THAT bad
jay: well i thought it was.

32 minutes later

jay: well mike would you recommend madame webb?
mike: no. jay would you?
jay: no

*quick jump to hitb closing music*

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

priznat posted:

it wouldn't surprise me if sony is at a point where they just need to take their shots and make whatever money they can

like, they say the big thing with major studios economically is "opportunity cost." the reason a movie can make a good amount of money and still be deemed a failure is that logistically a studio can only make and release so many movies a year, and a successful movie by most metrics could still be considered a bad move by the higher ups if they could have put out a significantly more successful movie instead
I don't think sony's at that level anymore? they're closer to lion's gate's league than they are disney's. but the upshot of that is they can take a lot on the chin because their movies just don't cost that much and aren't expected to make that much anyway. a failure on morbius' scale is nothing compared to a failure on the level of the marvels

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

here you go

jay: well we said we wouldnt review it but, mike, we went and saw madame webb *jay laughs*
mike: jay, i have to say it wasn’t very good
jay: obviously *jay laughs*
mike: well, ok. it wasnt THAT bad
jay: well i thought it was.

32 minutes later

jay: well mike would you recommend madame webb?
mike: no. jay would you?
jay: no

*quick jump to hitb closing music*

Jay feels the need to throw the movie a compliment and mentions a scene transition he thought was kind of creative

Mike brings up the episode of TNG where Barclay turns into a spider

roll credits

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

32 minutes is sprightly by modern hitb standards. Try 48

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

I missed it when it was playing at The Music Box in 2022, then broke down and bought a copy from Fly Groundhog last year. It’s pretty good, but not “enter credit card info into a random website” good. The commercials are fun and everything up until the end was pretty entertaining, but it kind of fell flat for me in the final act, which was the bit I was looking forward to the most. I also agree with the poster who stated it doesn’t shoot for verisimilitude as much as WNUF, but it’s not that much of a big deal.

Also Fly Groundhog has been holding my credit card hostage and is forcing me to commit an increasingly daring series of high profile art crimes in order to stop them from using it to give members of Isil money on Only Fans, so that’s not great.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

mysterious frankie posted:

Also Fly Groundhog has been holding my credit card hostage and is forcing me to commit an increasingly daring series of high profile art crimes in order to stop them from using it to give members of Isil money on Only Fans, so that’s not great.

What? I've bought quite a few things from them as it's the storefront operated by the WNUF director and I've never had any issues.

edit: But I've only used Apple Pay when buying anything so my actual CC number isn't exposed.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

What? I've bought quite a few things from them as it's the storefront operated by the WNUF director and I've never had any issues.

So what you’re saying is you have no qualms with giving Isil money? Interesting…

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Endless Trash posted:

Mike brings up the episode of TNG where Barclay turns into a spider

Jay stares directly into the camera

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

So what you’re saying is you have no qualms with giving Isil money? Interesting…

lol

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i just realized i wrote madame webb [sic] twice and dont know why. maybe im confusing it with my favorite director, mark webb

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

No Mods No Masters posted:

32 minutes is sprightly by modern hitb standards. Try 48

you get either a 16 minute opening skit based around a single joke or a 16 minute tangent about the movie industry only vaguely related to the film in question

make your choice

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I would have guessed you were, like all goons always, remembering morgan webb. Really all surname webb people should be entitled to be involved in a spider man production at some point

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Mike: I know it wasn’t very good, but I kind of liked Madame Webb.
Jay: really?
Mike: I don’t know, something about it was just kind of charming.
*freeze frame of Mike’s face in a contemplative smile. Thought bubbles edited above his head of Dakota Johnson in a catsuit*
Jay: well, I didn’t!
* freeze frame of Jay’s face in a contemplative smile. Thought bubbles edited above his head of the Mastodon Men*

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

I thought you were making some sort of joke. what the hell are you talking about?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

poisonpill posted:

Mike: I know it wasn’t very good, but I kind of liked Madame Webb.
Jay: really?
Mike: I don’t know, something about it was just kind of charming.
*freeze frame of Mike’s face in a contemplative smile. Thought bubbles edited above his head of Dakota Johnson in a catsuit*
Jay: well, I didn’t!
* freeze frame of Jay’s face in a contemplative smile. Thought bubbles edited above his head of the Mastodon Men*

:hai:

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I'll give money to any group that opposes the great satan, america

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

No Mods No Masters posted:

I would have guessed you were, like all goons always, remembering morgan webb. Really all surname webb people should be entitled to be involved in a spider man production at some point

what ever happened to morgan webb? whats her spider power anyway?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Sex Farm posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SilYsr_3vrA

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I didn’t get the love for Primer in the forums when it released, but Upstream Color was right up my alley.

Jose Oquendo posted:

I thought you were making some sort of joke. what the hell are you talking about?

Man, I joked twice. Be at peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I didn’t get the love for Primer in the forums when it released, but Upstream Color was right up my alley.

Yeah I liked Primer but UC was awesome. Shame about carruth being a sexpest or whatever