Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I wish Rich Evans all the best in 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Sunk Dunk posted:

have you ever read the book redshirts? is it any good?

i thought it was kinda poo poo much like almost all scalzi poo poo

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
die hard 3 is a serious contender for being as good as die hard 1. die hard 2 sucks rear end

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the epic music as the dump trucks are driving full speed and then the guy giving the tour speech god drat

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Watched Con Air for the first time in 20 years and drat that movie kinda rules

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
More action movies should have a whole menagerie of memorable villains like die hard and con air

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
also colm meaney was 100% in the right the whole movie and should have fired the missile wtf steve buschemi killed 30 kids and got away!!!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Been watching Star Trek original series for the first time, while folding laundry and drunk, and just how many episodes are going to be about some nobody on the ship getting powers because yeesh

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I liked when RLM guest star Jack Quaid was playing the bongos on his car

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
watched e1 of The Curse finally last night and I really, really did not expect Corbin Bernsen in that role lmao. I thought he went full crazy Christian movies only after Psych

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
yeah I've apparently never seen the real version of that because I instantly recognized the weird replacement lick

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

First of May posted:

Indiana Jones and the 5.8 Metacritic Score

lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
lol im finally watching the newest TNG trivia and it is an incredible display of dementia, and being a touchy paranoid rear end in a top hat. <3 mike

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
hasn't McGregor been accused of sexual assault several times even before they would have started filming this? I doubt they bothered editing him out at all

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Gutcruncher posted:

Even sadder than that. #hillarybarbie

Lmfao, I was thinking it's gotta be "barbillary" but just not trying is :discourse:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

jazzyjay posted:

Anyone worried about Boyega should check out The Cloned Tyrone. He's gonna be great!

I really liked They Cloned Tyrone. Definitely worth a watch

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Dijkstracula posted:

wrap it up 2023 oscar bait, the good poo poo is coming in 2024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8zxiB5Qhsc

i'm gonna be there opening night

hell yeah

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I want to see Ma Dong-seok slapping the poo poo out of some ghosts

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I could very easily see someone being underwhelmed by The Vast of Night. I think my own review was "pretty good"

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Arc Hammer posted:

Oh can I jump in on this too

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1753243364554838095?t=z9_LJYt9AcwzynaLm-7uhA&s=19

"This kids show needs to be like Game Of Thrones," says Netflix after three dozen prior failed attempts to make their own Game of Thrones.

oh my god lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Arc Hammer posted:

He's up in heaven with that drat alligator and Abe Lincoln.

yep. RIP

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
hey guys, there was a patreon update apparently!

Hey everyone! We're almost done with a new video that is sort of an addendum to our Kyle Gallner Spectacular episode of Half in the Bag from last year. We got a lot of recommendations from that episode for the movie Dinner in America, which came out in 2020 and maybe got lost in the a sea of endless streaming options when it definitely deserves more attention. Coming soon!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
shut up about chris pratts church imo

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

that quote makes it seem like he thinks he may not gently caress at all! what kind of journalism is this?!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
thanks for using spoiler tags i wouldn't want someone to be spoiled on such a cinematic masterpiece as "Madame Web"

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Lmfao

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

sweet geek swag posted:

Getting an especially bad reveal sprung on you might be a laugh out loud moment in a theater, so you might be robbing them of the only joy this movie has to offer.

Lol to the max if that is a real ending "reveal" style thing

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Sunk Dunk posted:

is Police Squad! a good show?

it's amazing

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
this is premium content :colbert:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Endless Trash posted:

There is a very good found footage horror film called Borderlands that I can’t recommend enough. Creepy as gently caress.

i want to trust you but your posts are all tongue in cheek so i'm worried this might be a terrible movie

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Endless Trash posted:

no it’s good, conditional on your love of the genre. Mine is probably slightly above average.

found footage horror is my secret shameful love, I'm looking at this and it seems right up my alley

same category, has anyone seen the most recent VHS? i just remembered I never saw it

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Cubone posted:

I don't expect to ever enjoy a v/h/s segment as much as I enjoyed the indonesian cult one from 2

that one was insanely good. VHS 2 was my second horror movie ever, watched in a pitch black room with friends, and any time we get together now 10+ years later someone will just go "PAPAAAAAaa...."

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Stink Billyums posted:

yeah in the 4 movies since there hasn't been a segment nearly as good as the cult one

the one in 3 with the snake dick really stuck with me for some reason but not as good. #1 had the succubus story i thought was decent but all my friends loved

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Ok, shut the gently caress up about X JAKK. I get the annoyance at sometimes scrolling past a video of his but this is way, way past annoyance and in to indignant rage.

X JAKK, please also shut the gently caress up yourself about your channel. posting it obviously makes the thread worse in ways even rivaling star wars. your replies have sucked rear end and made it worse. posting any more from here about it will get you probed a bunch.

now stfu :thanks:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
effortlessly changing the subject, I'm down to the last 10 episodes of DS9 and golly that was a terrible Vic Fontaine episode with the gangsters

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i hope he comes back too but apart from the ppl posting mad @ him in here there are others reporting him mad for ages. and it's ridiculous, to me, to react that way to him, but at some point it's either actively probe a bunch of people he annoys or ask him to not post about the videos

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Crescent Wrench posted:

I really like Vic Fontaine, and it's crazy how many features he gets despite coming onto the show so late in the run. Plus how can you hate an episode that gives us this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Jq26BCwDs

I did love that part for all its cringe. Honestly it wasn't that bad an episode I guess, I did actually finish it without fastforwarding, unlike some other holodeck episodes

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
you post any non-RLM "youtuber" at your own risk and if you post them 20 times your risk level may raise. but hell if it's good content then post it, pussy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
hell id probably suck just about any old dick to get Hodor back