Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Posting in the first page to begin the cineD forums invasion???? we have to do now or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

CODChimera posted:

this is the year i will read every post

PS sorry in advance

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Rageaholic posted:

Happy New Year! I already have my first movie of 2024 in mind: David Cronenberg's Naked Lunch (that is, if Max hasn't removed it lol)

Zaslav is gonna watch it, unironically make the Simpsons joke, and have it deleted in a for of rage.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

X JAKK posted:

Lets make this the year XJAKK finally guest spots on a BOTW, i can afford the plane ticket

Hopefully the nukes launch first

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

kalel posted:

I got the alamo draft house pass. north by northwest tomorrow night and lotr this weekend. I'm making 2024 my personal year of classic movies. gently caress new movies tbqh

Hell yeah

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Murdstone posted:

Your...loss?

This is the single most cursed image in the internet. Yes, more cursed then the one you just thought of.

loving "tetraquel"? Just write sequel, they all suck regardless.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Gripweed posted:

It’s 2024 and people are still opposed to a movie about lady superheroes.

A lot of things start to make sense if it turns out Gripweed works in the ontological terrorism division of Sony Pictures' marketing department.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Mordja posted:

SupergayStupidman

Reported to the Hague

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

mysterious frankie posted:

Based on what I’ve heard about old folk homes, Kim Gordon’s libido is now probably considered a little lacking by people in her age cohort.

It buzzes me out real bad every time I remember Kim Gordon is older than me mum.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

RealityWarCriminal posted:

superman and batman will likely become public domain within our lifetimes :unsmigghh:

They're gonna gently caress so loving hard the second it happens that the internet will self destruct (said positively)

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

jeeves posted:

Much like the two dudes who always lie and always tells the truth in Labyrinth… I’ll never get it.

Also Die Hard 3 was supposed to be a Lethal Weapon sequel and once you realize that you can never unsee it.

If I can't ask you for the riddle answers who can I ask???

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

RevDrMikey posted:

The current horror industry is trash. There's an unbelievable amount of international money looking to invest in anything that has half a claim to franchise potential and quickly turn out content that might be resold to some garbage streaming service or whatever. Anything that lowers any bar, like AI scripts, is going to result in waves of trash out of this industry.

I meet this criteria, please hook me up with a small portion of this unbelievable amount of international money. Genuinely.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

priznat posted:

Did the Coens split or was one of them just getting tired and wanted to retire? I thought I heard something about that too.

Each Coen should pair with a Safdie to keep the number of holiday meals their families have to go to under control.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Reported!!!!

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

priznat posted:

See this is why I don’t need to do any research!! :haw:

That said I will believe literally anything anyone tells me

Rebel moon is great and you should definitely watch it.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Meat Wagon posted:

Don't post large josh

There's no other kind

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

hard counter posted:

i chain watched dark city, the adjustment bureau, the matrix and ghost in a shell

i would like more movies where sinister, supernatural men in suits more-or-less manufacture our reality please

Pretty much the entire ouvre of Grant Morrison that isn't superhero cape poo poo fits the bill and was famously ripped off for both the Matrix and Dark City so maybe read Invisibles.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

John Bernthal:

"Hey everyone! Not many people know this but I poo poo my pants really bad one time. I had my pants tucked into my socks because I was prepping to play Punisher and my boots just totally filled with liquid poop. Couldn't even get them off it was so bad, had to have the boots surgically removed. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew. Cool ok thanks. Thanks".

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

FishBowlRobot posted:

Bernthal’s podcast sure is something if you ever wanted to see him roleplaying his life as a streetwise military vet talking to Shia LeBouf roleplaying his life as a cholo gangster.

Alright that's enough, podcasts are now illegal

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

sharknado slashfic posted:

Are there any "shlock action movie" guys anymore? Statham is the only one I can think of off the top of my head and he's what, in his 50s now? It's getting tough to find a turn your brain off non-horror movie to watch that is a level above syfy original. We were so spoiled from the 80s-00s, Seagal or Van Damme or Lundgren or whoever were making GBS threads out a marginally watchable movie once every few months. I assume this is another thing bad superhero movies took from our culture.

I'd put Gerard Butler and his X has fallen firmly in this camp, he's getting old as poo poo too though.

I think the thread consensus last time this general topic came up is that the woke mind virus has made beefcake illegal and we live in the age of the power twink.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

priznat posted:

Kalel no

Setting these up is your actual gimmick Kalel

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

FeculentWizardTits posted:

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I think Bernthal is an okay actor but absolutely not the kind of guy that anyone would be a huge fan of

Cops

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

mysterious frankie posted:

What are the iconic asses of all the other streaming platforms?

Max the place for HBO has Zaslav showing his whole rear end 24/7

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

DaysBefore posted:

Woah there are so many Walking Dead spinoffs now. Who is still watching this garbage?

Anyway watched a couple episodes of the Tales of the Walking Dead anthology series. First episode was Terry Crews and Olivia Munn. After that nightmare was a pretty good one about a sort-of Groundhog Day thing with Parker Posey. I just can't believe Walking Dead is still valuable enough to launch all this crap

Remember how no one from the business side REALLY thought it would work and they made a financially constrained 6 episode series shot on black and white 16mm because the studio wouldn't give Darabont money for colour or 24mm if he wanted to shoot on film? And that series was hugely successful so they fired Darabont and a bunch of crew, forced it to have 22 episode seasons shot digitally but still wouldn't give the production enough money to have more than one location so season 2 was just non stop whining at the farm house?

The executive mind virus is everywhere, not just Disney.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Whoah, Mandela'd as gently caress on the black and white (the Mandela effect is when someone is dumb and wrong but doesn't want to admit it). 16mm for budget reasons was right though.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

I'll try and get my poo poo together thread, I promise. Just know in advance that definitely doesn't guarantee better posting.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

kalel posted:

thanks y'all. love me a controversial 3

Wait till you see my tinder profile

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

priznat posted:

I never thought a sex robot would be in a Spielberg movie tbh

As if half the cast and crew didn't gently caress that triceratops animatronic

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

No Mods No Masters posted:

It's really funny how matt weiner went from king poo poo to banished to the shadow realm .0001 seconds after the romanoffs came out. What can you say except showbiz does be like that, I suppose

This is the true king move though. Bust your rear end making one really good show, one that gives you an insane reputation that breaks the execs brains. Cut a deal where you get paid the GDP of Tonga for your next show regardless of its success, than absolutely loving tank the first season so it's cancelled, you still get paid in full, and never talk to a failsons loser again.

Perfect.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Non Compos Mentis posted:

They've got a real thing for deciding characters have entirely different powers for the tv shows

"What after fx templates are on sale this week?"

"Fire mostly".

"Ok cool Iceman has fire based powers now".

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

MarcusSA posted:

While cool

Bro can piss off with this lmao

The full thing is on YouTube in the US if anyone cares.

"Please turn off your ad blocker and brutally murder at least one Uighur. Oh, and don't forget to like and subscribe!!!"

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Those two posts sum up the intent of 500 years of misery and death quite pithily.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Hackers film 1995 posted:

as an uneducated typical american, i feel i should weigh in on the irish reunification issue. i propose that a channel be dug to separate ireland and northern iteland and that dirt (and much more fill) be used to expand irelands landmass elsewhere but equal to the size of northern ireland.. perhaps on the western shore because who wants be closer to the english. thank you. if this idea is used please cite my forums name in the plan

This will definitely get you in the history books but not in the way you think

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

No Mods No Masters posted:

I'm pretty ignant as well but I feel like it's sort of like a less severe version of the reunification of korea problem, where you have to ask if you really want to reunite with a bunch of malnourished people who have no useful skills. But I understand it's probably beautiful country and has a certain romantic appeal and such

I always knew Gene Roddenberry was a goon

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

good for me
bad for kingo

I'm switching hemisphere next year, all my posts are gonna flush the other way

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Rageaholic posted:

I rewatched it and it feels like it goes on forever. There are real good parts of it, like the Trinity test scene and the scene where Oppenheimer gives a speech but freaks out and sees the crowd being melted by a nuclear blast, but man, the rest is so dull to me.

Titties

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

starkebn posted:

Everyone seemed very hyped about Oppenheimer but I haven't even bothered to watch it. I don't see the big appeal.

Titties

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Titties

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Cacator posted:

I think it was Joe Bongo?

Isn't that what Trump calls Obama?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

he had lines but they cut them because he kept saying the n word

Oh no, it's this one