Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
I'm glad he finally got his wish to make a super pedantic video about TNG's production and set mistakes that he keeps noticing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
I've seen Andor and The Bad Batch because people said both are good and they turned out good.

I'll keep my eye on Rogue Squadron and if people say it's worth watching because I wanna see my Star Wars Top Gun.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Patlabor and Macross own. This is a simple scientific fact.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
The Macross ones also turn into planes.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
To be fair, part of the combat also takes place on Earth.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
I'm just looking forward to finally leaving Discovery behind.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
I think about this idea I taked to with a friend of how it would've been better if early in S1, the Discovery got sucked into an anomaly and dumped in the far future and the whole show was about them dealing with being stuck and unable to return. A kind of Voyager, but without the goal being a several decade journey away.

In that situation a lot would work better: the crew being stressed, the whole found family thing they want, burnham being out of her depth, the galaxy being completly alien to the crew.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
It was cancelled, but they reshot the fifth season to give it a ending.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
"Didn't use The Volume VFX at all during filming " reminds me of this thing I saw about that Gran Turismo movie: the director and marketing claimed the movie was all practical effects...despite there being photos of their greenscreen set up and before and after shots of when they CGI'd cars onto the track.

I wonder if a similar case might happen once the behind the scenes stuff comes out.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
I think Volume is used for the backround of Enterprise's engineering in Strange New Worlds and it looks pretty believable. Like, when you know what you're doing it looks great.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Traditional media dying as if that whole barbenheimer thing didn't happen.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Not really inspiring confidence.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Good luck.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
I've seen a lot of old media lately. And I agree.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
This video utterly fascinates me, they like the show, but then they go into their Rich and Mike mode and pick stuff apart, missing obvious things. And also obsess about Luthen being a jedi.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Andor is fine.

I mean, I dunno, I compermentalize the stuff I watch anyway, so something like the original trilogy can co-exist in my head with something more "grounded" as Andor.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

stop it. it's all one universe. it's all palpatine's doin'

Somehow, he returned and did it all.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
The internet is a place of wonder.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Meticulously animated machinery moving and switches being flipped. A highly detailed VCR or HiFi. CDs and Floppies being inserted into a equally highly detailed PC. This is what I love.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Rich Evans cannot be defined.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
According to Star Trek: Voyager it will sink under the ocean due to an earthquake in the 2040s.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Just let me have this.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

khwarezm posted:

It doesn't look like the new Ghostbusters movie is going to gross much more than about 200 million, has it finally happened? Has 3 straight box office busts finally convinced Sony to leave this franchise in the grave?

But have you considered that the fourth movie might be successful? We have to try again.

TuxedoOrca fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 13, 2024

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Training the AI on everything Michael Mann was involved in until I create a monstrosity.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Failure of society.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

Gripweed posted:

lol Colin saying that Maria Conchita Alonso in Predator 2 has "anime hair" makes it very clear what era of anime he's acquainted with.

To be fair, both those examples rock.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
I'm gonna combine all three and make the ultimate movie.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
I love how DS9 never explained what self-sealing stem bolts even do.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

jeeves posted:

So with Paramount being bought by Sony does that mean that NuTrek is finally dead? Our all of our prayers finally answered that Mike will die happy knowing Star Trek: Picard: season 4: section 31: the Borg strikes back: the Motion Picture will not be the final thing he sees?

Last I heard was Skydance was the one likely to buy Paramount.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

Mega64 posted:

Star Trek is the American Anime.

It is my desire to see an anime studio that does scifi a lot (like say sunrise) give a shot at a Star Trek show.

And yet, reality denies me this.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
For All Mankind feels like it should've ended in the 90s with maybe hints of what the future could contain.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
I'm afraid.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
From what I remember they use the transporter room for ship to ship transport and transporting people to the surface. And in the former case the people they're transporting aren't wearing combadges.

Of course, there's always the "what the plot demands" situation that sometimes crops up.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
There are at least 200 copies of Ensign TuxedoOrca. Starfleet doesn't want you to know this.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Time to take a trip to the SA anime subforum.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

Meat Wagon posted:

anime is cool, don't let the star wars and star trek guys shame you

In fact the the people working on TNG liked anime so much they hid referenced to it in the sets and sometimes the scripts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
I've reached a point where I can't tell if something is a joke or not.